R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   Indoor Carpet Racing - Thompson Valley R/C Race Club (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/958730-indoor-carpet-racing-thompson-valley-r-c-race-club.html)

FIVE 7 08-24-2016 03:05 PM

Indoor Carpet Racing - Thompson Valley R/C Race Club

Hey Everyone,

As the season starts to wind down we start to think Carpet Racing. I have put a tentative TVRCRC Club Carpet Schedule together and will post it below. It still needs approval by the School but we usually don't have many problems with dates and it works every second Sunday and around the WCICS races for the most part. Once officially confirmed will repost.

Also Club Members, a couple of upcoming important dates:
Saturday, September 17th, 6:30 - Important Club Meeting regarding the Indoor Season so if your in the Kamloops area and are thinking of racing this season, you are strongly encouraged to attend. Meeting to take place at Jason Mardon's home and he or I can be contacted for the address if need be.

Season Awards Point Series Dinner and Social, Tuesday September 27th, 6:00 at the North Shore White Spot. Hope you all can make it.

Club members can read their emails for more detailed info or if I have missed you and you would like a copy, please contact me.

Oct 2nd Season Opener
Oct 9th Club Race
Oct 23 Club Race
Nov 13 Club Race
Nov 27 Club Race
Dec 11 Club Race
Jan 1 Club Race
Jan 15 Club Race
Jan 29 Club Race
Feb 12 Club Race
Feb 26 Club Race
Mar 3 to 5 WCICS Kamloops
Mar 12 Club Race
Mar 26 Club Race

Thanks

(0000000000) 08-24-2016 04:06 PM

October 2nd!

I'll be there!

T.Wilks191 08-24-2016 06:00 PM

Excited to Bang doors on the rug with you guys again!

jzone 09-01-2016 11:14 AM

I'll be there for October 2nd season opener :)

any new rules to be aware of ?

T.Wilks191 09-17-2016 10:34 AM

Have a basic m05 roller I can sell for anyone who wants to come race on road. If you know anyone, point them in my direction!

Jason shawaga 09-18-2016 09:23 PM

Reminder that we will adding 2wd buggy into the fray this year. Trial basis to make sure the carpet doesn't get damaged. 17.5 blinky, chassis protector and rubber to cover the shock tower to protect the carpet from impacts and tears. Slicks or treaded tires that are basically down to nothing. Jumps will be at most 4 or so inches high. Core classes include, but not limited to.. Mini, RCAR, usgt/cta (merged) and touring stock/mod. Hoping for some extra interest, and eager to have a great year.

T.Wilks191 09-19-2016 01:27 PM

So, has it been decided that it will be just 2wd buggy? Just curious, as I would like to run my short course truck. So is a 1/10 scale off road spec class an option?

Woodbutcher 09-19-2016 04:48 PM

If ever you guys are in Calgary, your welcome to join us indoors, look us up on the Trukz thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWwBysdGoQ

FIVE 7 09-19-2016 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jason shawaga (Post 14675275)
Reminder that we will adding 2wd buggy into the fray this year. Trial basis to make sure the carpet doesn't get damaged. 17.5 blinky, chassis protector and rubber to cover the shock tower to protect the carpet from impacts and tears. Slicks or treaded tires that are basically down to nothing. Jumps will be at most 4 or so inches high. Core classes include, but not limited to.. Mini, RCAR, usgt/cta (merged) and touring stock/mod. Hoping for some extra interest, and eager to have a great year.

Mr. Shawaga forgot 12th Scale 13.5 and WGT if numbers are strong enough.

As for the Indoor Off Road Trial Class it will be 17.5 - 2WD Buggy. Shock Tower protectors are a must along with an extremely clean vehicle. Remember that this is a trial for now and any signs of damage to the carpet, building or its contents will be subject for review. I would just like to see this as a 2WD Buggy Class for now as I really believe that any vehicle larger then this would just be too much for the venue size. More details to come so stay tuned.

SLOWINSLOWOUT 09-19-2016 05:33 PM

I agree with Brent, keep it to one class (2wd buggy). Anything more will shift the focus away from on road. We are going to run the same in Kelowna, although I was thinking of 13.5 blinky, will see. I know Penticton was thinking of doing this as well, all three clubs SHOULD standardize the class.....

T.Wilks191 09-19-2016 07:26 PM

Fair enough, just wanted to know as it would determine my interest in running this new class, but would love to help direct it.