R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   New CRC Black Carpet/IIC Warm Up Race in Victoria - Sept 17/18 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/958539-new-crc-black-carpet-iic-warm-up-race-victoria-sept-17-18-a.html)

lpittman 08-23-2016 06:11 PM

New CRC Black Carpet/IIC Warm Up Race in Victoria - Sept 17/18

IROCC will be hosting an IIC/New Carpet Warm Up race to allow those in the North West to get some time racing on the new CRC FT2 black carpet before IIC and the start of the new WCICS season. This is a casual race weekend with the intention of providing lots of track time in both racing and practice. There are no trophies, prizes, t-shirts or cool giveaways... this is a weekend for some hard core track time without the stress of competing for a podium finish.

Please note - you may want to plan on and make reservations for the 7:00 pm ferry on Sunday.

Format
We will be attempting to run 5 qualifiers so we can offer the racers catching the Sunday ferry lots of opportunity to get on the track. This means 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday followed by triple mains. We are limiting the race to the five classes listed below, however you are welcome to run an F1 in the Scale Spec class, or bring other classes to run during open practice.

Race Dates
Saturday, September 17th
Sunday, September 18th

Classes
  • Touring Stock 17.5
  • Touring Modified
  • 1/12th Stock 13.5
  • 1/12th Modified
  • Scale Spec 21.5

Tires
We would like to accommodate those that are preparing for IIC as well as those preparing for WCICS races, therefore we have decided to allow either the Gravity G-Spec Type C (same tire as IIC) or the Sweep 32 (same tire as WCICS for the new carpet). Please plan on buying your tires at the race to support the local shop that runs the track (Matrix Hobbies). We will have roughly 40 sets of each type on hand so we should have everyone covered. Tire prices and possible limits are to be determined.

In regards to 1/12th scale we have made the same conclusion and both classes (Stock and Modified) will be open tire. If you are preparing for WCICS then we strongly recommend you run the WCICS Spec Purple Stripe tire though.

Rules
We will follow all WCICS rules for all classes, however there will be no tech. Do NOT charge your battery over 4.200V per cell and do not run your chassis (or body) below the minimum height (5mm for Touring Car and 3mm for 12th scale). If we notice anyone dragging bodies or running too low we will simply ask you to stop and remove your car from that run, qualifier or even main.

Rough Schedule (very rough!)
Friday
  • Track Open - 5:00 pm (pit setup and open practice)
  • Open Practice - 6:00 pm
  • Track Closed - 11:00 pm

Saturday
  • Doors Open - 8:00 am
  • Open Practice - 8:30 am
  • Drivers Meeting - 11:15 am
  • Qualifying Round 1 - 11:30 am
  • Lunch Break - 1:00 pm (track will remain open)
  • Qualifying Round 2 - 2:00 pm
  • Open Practice - 3:30 pm
  • Qualifying Round 3 - 5:00 pm
  • Open Practice - 7:00 pm
  • Track Closed - 11:00 pm

Sunday
  • Doors Open - 8:00 am
  • Open Practice - 8:30 am
  • Qualifying Round 4 - 11:30 am
  • Qualifying Round 5 - 1:00 pm
  • Triple Mains - 2:45 pm
  • Mains Finish - 5:15 pm

Entry Fees
Whole Weekend - $25 First Class, $15 Second Class
Just Sunday - $25 Run em both

While we don't need pre-registrations, if you plan on coming make a post to help boost support for the race and give an idea of tire needs.

Track Location
1016 McCallum Road, Langford, BC
Take the Trans Canada Highway toward Nanaimo, but turn off at Exit 15, then go straight through to where the Shell station is, then simply go around the back of the building.

Hotels
Ramada Victoria ~$129/night* (~15 min drive to track)

Days Inn Victoria Uptown ~$152/night* (~15 min drive to track)

Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway ~$182/night (~5 min drive to track)

Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa ~$220/night (~5 min drive to track)

Holiday Inn Express Colwood ~$185/night (~5 min drive to track)

*these hotels offer an additional 10-20% off you set up an account

Slapmaster6000 08-23-2016 07:46 PM

Just like Vegas, I'm all in.

SLOWINSLOWOUT 08-23-2016 08:48 PM

99.5% chance I'm in

Chris_morrison 08-24-2016 08:19 AM

Chris Morrison
Tc stock
Scale spec
Will be racing on Sunday

Slapmaster6000 08-28-2016 09:40 AM

Luke/Blake,
What is the size of this wonderful new black carpet track?

Should I bring: table, chair, plug strip, extension cord?

Is SXT3.0 the "only" sauce?

My schedule board is blacked out starting the 16th with heavy anticipation. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a new team, new car, new set ups, new motors...all on new carpet, and I haven't raced since Denver. No, that's probably not it. Lets just say I am looking forward to visiting and running just a little bit.

Brian

lpittman 08-29-2016 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 (Post 14651342)
Luke/Blake,
What is the size of this wonderful new black carpet track?

Should I bring: table, chair, plug strip, extension cord?

Is SXT3.0 the "only" sauce?

My schedule board is blacked out starting the 16th with heavy anticipation. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a new team, new car, new set ups, new motors...all on new carpet, and I haven't raced since Denver. No, that's probably not it. Lets just say I am looking forward to visiting and running just a little bit.

Brian

Hey Brian,

The track is 100' by roughly 40'.

We should have tables, chairs and power covered. If you got a tonne of room bring yourself a comfortable chair. If not, don't worry.

SXT 3.0 - At this point I am going to say yes, only SXT 3.0. I would like to talk this over with Blake & Craig before committing to anything else.

I don't get the impression you are excited at all, that's a bummer. :rolleyes:

Luke

lpittman 08-30-2016 02:11 PM

Little bumpy bump here. Keep this race in mind if you want to experience the new carpet.

AlexPate 08-30-2016 02:14 PM

Don't forget about sxt lite, if anyone actually has any

ATDHobbies 08-30-2016 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by AlexPate (Post 14654316)
Don't forget about sxt lite, if anyone actually has any

We have both in stock:D www.atdhobbies.com

malkiy 09-02-2016 10:09 AM

Room booked.

Really looking forward to the first carpet race of the season.

lpittman 09-02-2016 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by malkiy (Post 14657749)
Room booked.

Really looking forward to the first carpet race of the season.

Awesome man!

lpittman 09-02-2016 02:48 PM

Update on tires:

Price - $40 CDN or $30 USD per set

Gravity Type-C - 40 sets available
Sweep 32

Big thanks to Paul @ Motiv/Gravity for hooking us up with tires to sell at the event without having to put out up-front for them!

lpittman 09-09-2016 08:25 AM

Just over a week away.

The new carpet is really starting to come in and show it's potential ... if you aren't attending the Saskatoon race and want some time on the new carpet before a WCICS race this is your chance.

jzone 09-09-2016 05:38 PM

hey guys, what did you do with your old carpet?

lpittman 09-10-2016 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jzone (Post 14665702)
hey guys, what did you do with your old carpet?

It has been sold to another club. :nod: