Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

I was the rep...
Old 08-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
Well of course you are going to like them you are one of the few A Main drivers. For the most part it's the same 6 drivers in the most popular/fastest classes. That leaves 2-3 spots for the rest of us. And yes I can see it should be cleaner racing with 2 cars on the track for the main. But, "push hard" to make the A Main doesn't sound like cleaner qualifying.
Cal,

I get what you are saying, we do need to figure out a solution to the issue of 9-10 drivers in a class with 8 in the A main, we left this with no clear decision. What we need is good solid suggestions/ideas to solve the issue. Playing 'devil's advocate' is great, but we need solutions not just posting about how bad it could be using half truths.

One thing to keep in mind, if we are talking keeping things 'fair', then the solution to the issue cannot involve pulling people out of the A (which they qualified for) to fill the B.

And just to clear up the issue over the vote, and being the A mainer's making all the decisions, I looked at last years results in TC Stk, over the course of the series, 32 DIFFERENT people made the A main, of those, 3 had a vote.

My vote for the solution is to put the 1-2 drivers in the A.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Ideas...Drop half of the classes. Focus on the core most supported classes across 3 provinces. Get rid of 12 mod and WGT as it is not run east of BC. F1 and mini are regional might be able to drop those too. USGT/CTA might have enough numbers to keep it, also is close to a beginner/fun class. Have each club add back a demo class to race for free where they will probably have enough guys to fill 2 heats. It's not for points anyway. This would also prevent a guy from driving/flying to an event to not have a class run or not enough to fills heats. This way you only have 5/6 classes to enter. Less heats means everyone could have triple mains and no one would have a shootout as the numbers of racers is always there.

Having the RD decide the numbers in the main would put us in the exact same situation as last year when "someone" comes in 9th and then they decide to run everyone in the main. Also it screws up the number required by the rules as by 50% of a heat it needed to run for points. That rule caused a racer in Calgary to miss out of a championship podium position. By increasing the number in the main it increases the number of racers needed to run a class.

As for the vote. I said the reps/exec who had a voice at the table in which the decision was made had the majority of racers who make up the A mains... the average B and down racer that makes up the majority of the series wasn't asked their thoughts.

Last edited by Madulla; 08-07-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Agenda

Originally Posted by Madulla
I was the rep...
Cal - didn't realize it was you.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

There is no perfect sort and mains style, they are all trade-offs. But the voted decision was to try the multiple mains style this year and see how it works. WCICS is about continuous improvement, and just as we've tried new things in years past, we're trying this to see how it works.

Simply put, with the old system, with a max heat size of 8 cars, and 9 cars registered, 3 racers were guaranteed to be pulled OUT of the A-main, with no shot at anything higher than 6th place.

With the new system, only 1 guy is pulled out of the A-main, and then the 8 & 9th place qualifiers have a Sunday shoot out (which is their B-main), and then whoever wins gets the last spot in the A for the A-mains. Didn't track it, but yes, I think we had about 3 shoot-outs last year.

OLD: 3 racers 100% guaranteed to not make the A.
NEW: 1 racer who has a 50% chance of making the A.

As for the suggestion on killing classes, something always has to be the lowest, but they were actually very evenly split across last season:
12 Mod 7%
WGT 7%
F1 7%
Mini 13%

So I can't say I understand how the solution to "fix" the series is to kill classes that had 427 registrations last year? I know lots of series that would love to have those kind of registrations!

Josh

P.S. Just some facts:

The AGM draft agenda, which included the new A Mains proposal was emailed March 14th, ~3 Weeks before the AGM April 2nd. Lots of time for the reps to discuss with their clubs.

Then the minutes from the AGM were emailed out to all reps, Monday April 4th-72hrs after the meeting!!! As always, reps can share them as they see fit.

The list of reps is on the first page of this thread, and while some seem to have no problem "profiling" drivers, the only 2 I would even try to class as regular A drivers are Blake and Danny, the rest are a mix of A/B/C drivers depending on the day and the class. Danny and Blake voted on opposite sides, so I see no "A-driver" voting trend.

The A-main sorting change done after Saskatoon last season was done at the Rep meeting in Penticton, in which all clubs had reps, which again, had minutes e-mailed to all of the reps shortly after the meeting, and the rules were posted on the WCICS website the same day I made this post http://www.rctech.net/forum/14282257-post252.html all within a few weeks after the Penticton reps meeting.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just a thought from a complete outsider but fan of the WCICS series... To avoid having 1-2 cars in the B-Main, limit the entries. Only able to run 8 cars in a main? First 8 to sign up race then the rest go on a wait list until enough guys/gals enter to add a second heat and so on. Just an idea...
Old 08-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If its a points thing about the A/B split. Maybe since your still racing individuals and ultimately the clock, could you maybe try this?

If the winner of the B mains 2 combined laps/time is better than the 4th place 2 combined best runs A main finisher (since he get 3 chances), then the B main guy gets 4 bonus points. If the 2nd place B mains competitor gets better than the 4th place A main guy he gets 3 bonus points. 3rd place same scenario but thats it.

This would hopefully still encourage hard clean racing between both mains.

Just throwing it out there.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

ummm...

I hate to re-ask this but since there is no way I am ever making the A, never mind the B; on any class really.... does this mean I am out of the race on Sunday? How does this work for the lower main classes?

I am not spending money on hotel never mind a race if the only thing I am doing is watching faster guys race on Sunday. I can do that on you tube for free.

But I don't want to jump the gun here; someone will have to explain these rule changes again; sorry. you can give the coles notes version.

Instead of a 4th qualifier Sunday; I would compete for the highly coveted E main touring title in 2 races?

Last edited by irvinew; 08-09-2016 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irvinew
Instead of a 4th qualifier Sunday; I would compete for the highly coveted E main touring title in 2 races?
Yes. The idea is to have less qualifying and more racing all around.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Easy fix for more race time without sacrificing format: just do 15 minute mains.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing

The A-main sorting change done after Saskatoon last season was done at the Rep meeting in Penticton, in which all clubs had reps, which again, had minutes e-mailed to all of the reps shortly after the meeting, and the rules were posted on the WCICS website the same day I made this post http://www.rctech.net/forum/14282257-post252.html all within a few weeks after the Penticton reps meeting.
Can I ask who the Regina rep was at that race?
Old 08-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snopro31
Can I ask who the Regina rep was at that race?
Tyson was the rep from Regina.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

But Tyson isn't our rep and wa Tyson at the penticton race?
Old 08-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snopro31
But Tyson isn't our rep and wa Tyson at the penticton race?
I was under the understanding that Tyson was the rep from your club in Calgary. I'm not sure how that was decided. If there's issues with it then please take it off of the WCICS forum as that sounds like a club issue.

Tyson was not in Penticton, but as far as I was aware, Nick Volsky was still your rep at that time.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

i got my answer internally
Thank you Tyson

Last edited by snopro31; 08-09-2016 at 10:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.