Kamloops Outdoor Track updates

Old 12-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kamloops Outdoor Track updates

Here we have a place to put out some ideas as to changes, track layouts etc. One place to put in your two cents so to speak. We need a solid plan, drawings, and commitment to making this all work. YouTube and other sources have legitimate race track layouts.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bcjason View Post
Here we have a place to put out some ideas as to changes, track layouts etc. One place to put in your two cents so to speak. We need a solid plan, drawings, and commitment to making this all work. YouTube and other sources have legitimate race track layouts.
Just a note - Non TVRCRC drivers, some input is welcome, but please try to let us steer our own changes.

the "decided" changes will be kept Ultra top secret...need to give you all reasons to come out tour races.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

is outdoor on-road a large thing here? Heard there was one, never seen it though.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T.Wilks191 View Post
is outdoor on-road a large thing here? Heard there was one, never seen it though.
tvrcrc.com photos where you can see the track. ...both as they were built and in all their glory.

...google maps gives a good view as well
Old 12-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Time to brainstorm. And to the previous post that paved track gets zero use! Kind of a shame as it is a nice track. Would be almost better to make a larger dirt track capable of handling 1/8th scale.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BRO460 View Post
Time to brainstorm. And to the previous post that paved track gets zero use! Kind of a shame as it is a nice track. Would be almost better to make a larger dirt track capable of handling 1/8th scale.
That is a shame. especially for certain guys who enjoy on road more than off road. The few of us that there are.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd love to come out for a Nitro On-road race at tvrcrc. Even running 21.5 scale spec on asphalt is cool. Or maybe a 30 minute mini race. There's a recent resurgence in outdoor on-road. Vancouver and Victoria both do their outdoor asphalt thing, and Edmonton has started holding races at their permanent facility again. And then there is the Timezone Grand Prix.

The most difficult thing about doing RC outdoors in Canada is that a person cannot do both offroad and onroad, without compromising one or the other, or both. Summers in Canada are limited, and sometimes rc cars has to take a back seat to life.

It's a shame that there hasn't been more local support for outdoor on-road, as there is an asphalt track right there in Kamloops.

If tvrcrc can figure things out and host an on-road race this summer, I'll do my best to figure out my schedule this summer to attend it.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Youll probably see me at the asphalt track over the spring/summer as the indoor season ends. will probably be spending a good chunk of my free time tinkering with my mini or drift car there. I'd love for there to be an extension of the current on road scene from the changing of the seasons.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

I attempted a drift club last year, but not enough people. If we could get more people we could get the track swept off and clear or debris. We could do a night a week or something. A drift meet. Started a facebook page. Kamloops rc Drift

Last edited by bcjason; 12-24-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
I'd love to come out for a Nitro On-road race at tvrcrc. Even running 21.5 scale spec on asphalt is cool. Or maybe a 30 minute mini race. There's a recent resurgence in outdoor on-road. Vancouver and Victoria both do their outdoor asphalt thing, and Edmonton has started holding races at their permanent facility again. And then there is the Timezone Grand Prix.

The most difficult thing about doing RC outdoors in Canada is that a person cannot do both offroad and onroad, without compromising one or the other, or both. Summers in Canada are limited, and sometimes rc cars has to take a back seat to life.

It's a shame that there hasn't been more local support for outdoor on-road, as there is an asphalt track right there in Kamloops.

If tvrcrc can figure things out and host an on-road race this summer, I'll do my best to figure out my schedule this summer to attend it.
Noted. ...and you hit it. Too much to do during the summer to try and have two full on racing types run. ...back to the discussion at hand. Offroad track updates.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BRO460 View Post
Other than a few feet here and there, we are limited to the plot we have. ...the track is big enough for 8th scale, yes, bigger would be better, but not necessary. We have held some of the biggest offroad races in BC on that track, with 10 truck (1/8th truggy) heats and managed.

To clarify, we do have some guidelines to the size of the track. Access around the track, proximity to the hill side and the drain are very important to the City. So please keep that in mind when considering major layout changes...basically assume what we have now is the biggest we can go.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I would like to see the dirt track opened up a bit somehow. Especially with these rigs coming with high power and also alot of trucks and buggies in the 8th scale size have a hard time on that narrow track.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

With the weather warming up a bit we should be racing soon enough. We should focus on merely smoothing out the track and repairing any wood barriers that are falling apart. Just a basic tidy up.