1/8 onroad in ontario!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 onroad in ontario!

Anybody interested in running 1/8 onroad this summer in southern ontario? I know a couple guys that want to. Nothing serious just set up some corner markers and hoses maybe.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck.

I know a lot of people in this hobby, but only 1 or maybe 2 guys who even own a 1/8 nitro onroad car. They might come out if it was a well prepped track with a timing system and enough people to have proper racing. Otherwise, probably not.
Closest 1/8 onroad nitro racing is in Toledo Ohio.

There's at least 100 guys in southern Ontario who own 1/10 scale touring cars and race them in the winter, but it's almost impossible to find any kind onroad racing in the summer, the past few years. Everyone is racing offroad, golfing or fishing it seems.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
Good luck.

I know a lot of people in this hobby, but only 1 or maybe 2 guys who even own a 1/8 nitro onroad car. They might come out if it was a well prepped track with a timing system and enough people to have proper racing. Otherwise, probably not.
Closest 1/8 onroad nitro racing is in Toledo Ohio.

There's at least 100 guys in southern Ontario who own 1/10 scale touring cars and race them in the winter, but it's almost impossible to find any kind onroad racing in the summer, the past few years. Everyone is racing offroad, golfing or fishing it seems.

Pretty much my thoughts. The rc market and demographic has done a 180 in the past 10 years. Who knows maybe in another 10 there wont be any nitro. I can only wish it was back in the 1990's when advance was putting on those awesome races!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Indeed the times have changed. I miss those 90's Advance events too.

I'd be interested in doing some 1/8 low key on road nitro this summer. Not sure if you're referring to GT but that's what I got.

In any case, I for one will always have nitro vehicles. Just yesterday, on the way back from Lou's in London, a group of us chatted about running 1/10 nitro in Niagara this summer. We currently have 6 confirmations. Will make for some fun times
Old 03-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by modelfan
Indeed the times have changed. I miss those 90's Advance events too.

I'd be interested in doing some 1/8 low key on road nitro this summer. Not sure if you're referring to GT but that's what I got.

In any case, I for one will always have nitro vehicles. Just yesterday, on the way back from Lou's in London, a group of us chatted about running 1/10 nitro in Niagara this summer. We currently have 6 confirmations. Will make for some fun times
Ya all i'd be interested is in doing low key stuff around here. I've got bmt and serpent onroad cars and i know a couple of other people that want to run. I dont think it matters what class as long people run together for fun.....thats how everything starts! I dont know too much about toronto but im going to see how the barrie molson center is huge and fairly smooth.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Notify when will be to attend.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I and a few friends race for fun with 1:8GTe cars. We would be up for some 1:8 racing with nitro/electric cars in the GTA area.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Do you have a good location in the GTA to run?

I would be interested too.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default tires

I'm interested in the 1/8 onroad, I wouldn't be racing with you, I live in BC. However, I want to know about tires for the pavement?? the brand?? temp?? anything will help. I would like to start the buzz out here and maybe get a season happening. also what cars to run?? would an Ofna be competitive to save some $$ for some people??

thank you
Old 06-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There is a group of guys that run 1/8 GT nitro and E in Whitby on Friday nights near Thickson and the 401. Check Jeff Felix at Hobby Revolution in Ajax for more information. Nothing serious, more just test, tune and bash around.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 1/8 on road near Windsor Ontario

Hi guys. I am moving to the Windsor Ontario area next year and want to find out if anyone races 1/8 pan cars in the area? I have a Serpent 977e and i'm looking for somwhere to run it. Also interested in GTe as well.
Cheers
Old 04-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AUSCAN
Hi guys. I am moving to the Windsor Ontario area next year and want to find out if anyone races 1/8 pan cars in the area? I have a Serpent 977e and i'm looking for somwhere to run it. Also interested in GTe as well.
Cheers
Not to fire up a dead horse but due to the boredom of this virus, I was thinking about firing back up into 1/8 onroad after being out of the hobby for about the last 10 years. Used to race at HobbyHobby back in the day when they hosted Sunday races in Streeteville.

I live in the GTA, anyone racing 1/8 scale onroad in or around Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville area?

Old 04-25-2020, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I would literally come just to hang out and watch, maybe even put road tires on my 1/8th nitro buggy lol have always been fascinated with 8th scale on road, just awesome in terms of speed
Old 04-25-2020, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RyanMitch
I would literally come just to hang out and watch, maybe even put road tires on my 1/8th nitro buggy lol have always been fascinated with 8th scale on road, just awesome in terms of speed
LOL I just want to get back into the hobby after being out for 10+ years and wish there was SOME sort of track in the GTA..... I have my finger on the new Serpent 989 nitro but I really want to see whats out there before I end up alone in a parking lot with nobody to play with or race LOL

I get why nobody is willing to put up the real-estate for an out-door track with winters being so long, but even indoor options are very lacking.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Indoor year round is always going to be 1/10 electric. They are just as fast and are supported well at Phoenix in Vaughn, outlaw Welland, Kingston RC racing. Ottawa has a great club too but winter only.

With modern electric Brushless and LiPo, just jump in. Many classes supported, see you local club for info. All have FB pages, have fun!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.