1/8 onroad in ontario!

Old 04-26-2020, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Shaginwagon13
LOL I just want to get back into the hobby after being out for 10+ years and wish there was SOME sort of track in the GTA..... I have my finger on the new Serpent 989 nitro but I really want to see whats out there before I end up alone in a parking lot with nobody to play with or race LOL

I get why nobody is willing to put up the real-estate for an out-door track with winters being so long, but even indoor options are very lacking.
I know what you mean - I too am just getting back in now after what is really 20 years - 5 years ago i tried to get back in and purchased a 10th scale SCT to run indoor carpet in Hamilton - complete fail on account of the Associated RTR not being able to handle the grip of the carpet track (broke hubs, CVDs, Dogbones every race) - and then again purchased an 8th scale nitro buggy to run at Hardcore RC in Flamborough which closed down immediately after I finished building the kit in the winter right before it was set to open.

So now here we are and I am trying to get back in for a third time, get everything i needed to run nitro at Elite, DORC, and Otterville - and then COVID happens.

I can tell you with certainty that if I ever win LottoMax I will be building an RC compound somewhere out in an industrial park within GTA that is going to have covered but side vented on road (1/0th + 1/8th designs), off road (1/10th and 1/8th designs), and a crawl park, complete with a hobby shop, snack bar (with booze), and will be Canada's premiere RC destination.

just need to get on winning the lottomax...hmmm

Old 02-12-2021, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

brother PPREACHHHH ONNNN!!!!!!! I,m in mississauga and we are in dire need of an indoor/outdoor track.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by superathlete
Anybody interested in running 1/8 onroad this summer in southern ontario? I know a couple guys that want to. Nothing serious just set up some corner markers and hoses maybe.
yes lets get it happening

Old 12-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Danny601
yes lets get it happening
Count me in. I am dying to fire this hobby back up and there is nobody around. What you guys running for cars?
Old 07-19-2023, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Gonna fire this up as a feeler. Who knows, maybe some are still down?