Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
A mini rc project .... please read >

A mini rc project .... please read

A mini rc project .... please read

Old 10-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default A mini rc project .... please read

At this very moment I am a school teacher in Mississauga Ontario at Tomken Rd School. I have a genuine interest in spreading the message about the absolute enjoyment of RC Cars and to use them as an educational tool also.

I have a plan to begin an afternoon club at my school in which students are going to build (and hopefully run) a Tamiya Wild Ceptor.

Problems exist with my plan. First of all I have absolutely no radio gear for them or tools. I am hoping that the parents of my students will be able to provide some monetary support but I am sure none are willing to splurge on a 100 dollar project.

I am begging for your assistance in this matter. If anyone could donate some old radio gear that they donít use, electronics or tools (just screwdrivers basically) it would be greatly appreciated. Apparently the kits have been pilfered of their wheels and tires. If anyone can donate their old tires and wheels that would also be greatly appreciated.

I think most parents will be able to splurge on the cost of a kit as they can be snapped up quite cheaply (after the tires are missing out of them). Monetary donations would not be denied but I do not want people to think I am just taking money as a scam or something.

If you could message me or leave a post here. I just would like to see if anyone is interested in helping. I encourage you to leave only positive responses to this posting and a brief explanation of what you would be willing to offer to get my plan underway.

The club is almost underway and I have ordered the wild ceptors (still in negotiation they have not been sent yet).

Think of it as a way to promote our hobby to the younger generations. As well as a way to promote Tamiyaclub.com and the generosity of the members. I would be posting pictures of our clubs progress onto the site to allow you guys to see all wonderful things you have done.

Please help Get the wheels a turnin'
Thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Very good Idea Indeed!

I wish there was somthing like this over in western Canada, Im in a regular Jr.high and theres nothing during the day to satisfy my car/RC Car/Metal work liking.

My teachers could care less about my hobby. Plus nobody would even come close to taking my hobby seriously in my school. Its just a "toy" and somthing I waste money on.

I will be sending you a PM here right away.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the support. I think if the students really like the idea it will spread the word through to many people. If they like it when they are young they may just like it later in adulthood. Happened to me anyways.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

If you would like some more info you should check out

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...=38924&sid=648
Old 10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default need 26mm rims? and tires?

I was a student at Tomken Rd before. This was in the late eighties.....
Anyways I wish they had a program like that when I was a student there.

I do have some spare 26 mm rim and stock tamiya rubbers, I can send them to you.

I just moved out here to Vancouver. But I do have some parts I might be able to donate them to my old school.

Let me know

Will
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Will,
That would be great anything that you can spare would be wonderful. It's good to see that former students can give back to the place as you must know schools are always in need of anything that comes by. PM me that way I can be sure to thank you personally and give you my address etc.

I really hope you enjoyed your time at Tomken . It really is a great school and I am impressed with the students. Most are a joy to work with and I feel that this club will be one way for me to show how much I appreciate their efforts. With your help I will be able to give the students something more than just another history lesson.

On a simliar note:
Some great items arrived today from Bluefoot from Tamiyaclub.com. Included in his donation was two sets of radio gear including the recievers and battery holders as well as two sets of tires and wheels. These items are greatly appreciated and will get lots of use. Thanks again Bluefoot you rule.

Checkout the Tomken Road School link to see the items that have been donated and remember to keep those donations comming.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...=38924&sid=648

Cheers.

Tboner
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

MaxHiLux from Tamiyaclub.com is sending transmitters, 3 receivers a couple of servo's, around 5 or 6 silvercan motors a charger and some MSC's. A grand offering to say the least. Glad to see some Msc's comming in as they will be the speed controllers of choice for the club. Thanks Max