Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Canadian Off-Road Championship Series >

Canadian Off-Road Championship Series

Canadian Off-Road Championship Series

Old 09-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Canadian Off-Road Championship Series

Welcome to the next evolution of the series. As the name implies, we are working on making the series into a national set of rules and regs. At this time we are just finalizing some of the rulebook, and it will be shipped off to other areas of the country to get some feedback.

Here are some highlights to the changes that are being made for the upcoming year.

1. The provinces are being broken down into individual regions, and each region will host its own series to determine region champions. The first two comfirmed regions are British Columbia and Alberta. They will both run thier own series to determine a BC champ and a AB champ.

2. The Sept. Long will be a stand alone race called the CORCS Nationals. This is a stand alone race, with the only requirement being that a racer is a members of CORCS. The first National Championship will be held in Calgary next year.

3. Each person wanting to race in the series or national will be required to pay a $5 membership fee. These fees will be collected and put into a general fund to help promote the series and be used for any other items that are deemed benificial to the series by the directors. All of the extra money left over at the end of the year will be donated to charity.

4. New web page coming soon, www.corcs.ca

5. Voting by the racers.

6. New classes, 1/8th Stadium Truck(truggies) and 1/8th Sportsman Buggy

Also at this time, AB has it schedule set fot next years series races.

Red Deer June 3 & 4
Medicine Hat July 1 & 2
Edmonton August 5 & 6
Calgary CORCS Nationals Sept. 2 & 3

Once we have the rule book finalized, it will be put up on here so everyone can look at it. Once the new CORCS page is up and running we will also go over the on-line voting and what items are up for voting at this time. I am sure that there are a whack of questions coming, and we'll do our best to answer them for you. We hope to have everything up and running smoothly by the start of the new year.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

WoW WOW
Gary this is awsome .
You are the heart beat of offroad racing in westren canada
Keep up the good work .
Thanks From Richard
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 AM
NRG
Tech Apprentice

Good job. Its about time we have our own national series. Hopefully we can have all the provences work together on this. all we got to do is have CORCS linked with IFMAR, sort of like ROAR.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Now that you are thinking nationally I don't think a $5 "membership" is going to cut it. Your biggest expense will be INSURANCE. Sure every club has insurance but with a national organization your butts, as organizers, are going to be on the line.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If every track had their own insurance, it should be fine. That should be the tracks responsibility, not the series. A proof of insurance, to the rest of the directors in the area, should be suffecient enough.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awsome stuff, i knew it was goin to happen(only a alberta series and bc series)
Old 09-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What a great plan. It's about time Canada has had a national race off road race.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im happy to see the "sportsman 1/8" class,its hard for a guy to compete with seasond drivers of 10 years or more when u been into r/c for 6 months.
Will all the eastern provinces be in this too?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You guys should see if you can get this into some RC magazines to promote it. Mabye you could get RCCA to come up and cover the final national race in Calgary, that'd be cool.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great news. Thanks!

At least we dont have to drive so far to the final this year! Man the drive seems soooooo long.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

ITS NOT THAT FAR IF THE WHEELS STAY ON YOUR TRUCK LMAO
Old 10-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds pretty good. Soon, other provinces will join. I could see Ontario being one of the first to be a part of this. Looking forward to trying your new track in Calgary. Too bad about the rainout recently. Should be a great facility to hold the Nationals.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

WOW....sounds good to me. I do not want to "stir the pot", but were ALL the directors involed in this decision? IF so, why has none of them from BC posted about this? Also, although I am looking forward to racing in Calgary next year,and I will be there!!, who decided that the CORCS finals will be in Calgary?? Is it just beacuse you were going to hold the WCORCS final, so it just made sense to hold the new CORCS finals there? Also, I too would like to know what other provinces are involved in this. If it is just BC and AB, then it is not Canadian is it? It is Western, and that means that certain people got their wish of breaking up the WCORCS and going regional only.....What a shame that would be!!!!!! Lets hope this works out...I believe it would be great for all of us in Canada that race off road. (I hope this is not premature....HA!! to you Roar....lol ) Oh, also, can we travel "out of province" to race and still get points, or are we stuck to our own region??
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

01Diesel

Yes all the directors made the decsion on this. As of right now I believe the rules and regulations are being done up. As you can see Alberta has their dates set and BC is working on their dates.

If you want more info you can contact Gord Barr. He's now the rep for the lowermainland [email protected]

Hope this helps some

Doug
Kamloops CORCS director
Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

01 Deisel, Splitting the series went to a majority vote with all directors present. I think in the long run, if it goes national, the new format will work better. Unfortunately out of province races will not count towards your province totals so running an out of province race would be only for bragging rights and fun. The final will probrobly be very well attended as everyone qualified will have a chance at winning the CORCS title regardless of how they finished provincially.

We will be holding our provincial race the May long and Kamloops the August long weekend.

The 2005 WCORCS Final dvd's are done and available on my website at www.speedwayhobby.com. They are fifteen dollars each and that includes shipping. Get yours now.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service