WINTER NATIONALS

Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

If you pre-reged on this forum we have your information and you do not need to register online.

If racers would let me know what types of vehicles you will need spare parts for I will then know how much of the store that we have to pack to the race.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I noticed on your web site that spectators have to pay to get it; does that mean we have to pay for our pit men to get in (if we have one).

Later,
Old 01-09-2006, 03:05 PM
JD
Tech Regular

was just looking at the websiet and way there was a admission

Admission: Daily Weekend
Youth -Adult $5.00 $8.00
Children (under 12) $3.00 $5.00
Family $15.00 $25.00

Now is Everyone going to be charged for this, i dont think this will work out to well in the end, it will just turn people away from comeing and seeing this.

Does this mean my dad has to pay since hes with me all week, is my pitman, and my source to get to the event...

Old 01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm hoping this will exclude family members... or atlest give out admission tickets to the registered racers.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

cmon guys honestly...were getting the chance to race off-road indoors in the winter...I think its a pretty small price to pay. Remember the Red Deer guys need to recover costs associated with an event like this or else it could spell the end. Also there isn't many spectator events that are free these days so $8 for and adult for the weekend shouldn't turn people away. just my thoughts not yours

Troy Davies
Old 01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DeViAnT
cmon guys honestly...were getting the chance to race off-road indoors in the winter...I think its a pretty small price to pay. Remember the Red Deer guys need to recover costs associated with an event like this or else it could spell the end. Also there isn't many spectator events that are free these days so $8 for and adult for the weekend shouldn't turn people away. just my thoughts not yours

Troy Davies
Well I hope they aren't going to be relying on non racer admission fees to cover any costs because I doubt it will bring in much money. I remember a small amount of people attending the event last year but most were racer family members and friends. Short of some amazing advertising (which itself would be very expensive) I just can't see that many people attending. I hope I am wrong, but typically these events don't draw many people outside of the people involved themselves.

I definitely understand the need to cover costs but I wonder if there will be much of crowd if they have to pay to get in.

My 2cents.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with Troy. Nut'ns free anymore. But maybe $8 is pushing it....maybe $5 or $6. If the event was in Calgary or Edmonton, then $8.

It is Dead Rear afterall, $8 is two jugs of cheap club highballs, and that will weigh in heavily with the local's recreation budget!

(I'm alowed to tease, I'm a RedDeerian too....)
Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are we're talking about an extra $8/day for indoor off-road track use, when we spend hundreds of $$ on equipment and travel?

Personally, I'd like to take my hat off to the Red Deer crew. There are very few people out there who voluneer their time to pull something like this off, in order to grow this hobby.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its all in promotion. If the guys promote it right, which they will the people will come. What I suggest is that they try a weekend pass deal.

Larry "Goatman" Blois
Old 01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Answer time

Time to answer some of your questions.

Practice will be on Thursday and Friday. Friday is included in your race fees, but Thursday is not. A price is still being settled upon and will be announced on January 15th with other information.

When you register at the race you will be asked how many pit passes you will need for pit crew and family. This is the one and only time you will have to get them so know how many you will need. If you happen to tear one you can get another as long as you bring it back. Otherwise you will be charged $5.00 for another.

This event is being run in conjunction with the Sportsman Show on the same weekend. They have discounted passes for their event and we have passes for theirs. Sort of a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Believe me you cannot go anywhere for $8.00 for a weekend so the price is not an issue. We hope to draw some of their crowd and they hope to draw some of theirs so it should be a good weekend. We have seating for 1200 and we hope to see a few people in the stands on Saturday and maybe a packed house on Sunday for the Mains.

You cannot go to a movie for less than $7.50 and that is for 2 hours or less. Can you imagine an entire weekend of entertainment for a mere 50 cents more? Doesn't matter where the event will be held the price for a weekend is a bargain.

We are planning an advertising campaign along with a program, a poster, a flyer and some radio and television. Yes it is not cheap but we are trying to make this an event that willl show that Canada has some good RC racers and that we are willing to go the extra mile to prove it. This year will be a learning year and it can only get better. All we ask is for your support.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

Ray
Old 01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Here's another question:

I didn't think about a Pit Man. I don't really have anyone in Red Deer that'll come spent the weekend there for me to be the pit man.

What happens then?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CLUBCONCEPTS
Here's another question:

I didn't think about a Pit Man. I don't really have anyone in Red Deer that'll come spent the weekend there for me to be the pit man.

What happens then?
Plenty of people around that are just standing around with there thumbs up there $*!!@ Just grab one them and they can pit for ya.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CLUBCONCEPTS,

What classes do you run? Maybe we can work out a pit exchange???

Later,
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

I'm running MT and 2WD elec buggy. The later of which I hope I don't need a pitman for!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Talking

With the way you drive, you just might..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.