KRC RACING  (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB) >

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Old 11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey everyone.

My neighbor Shawn and his friend Ryan are both coming out to check out the racing this weekend. They are coming for both practice and the race.

I am throwing a 17.5 in my mod car for Shawn. Does anyone have a spare TC they can bring for Ryan to run?

I know both these guys would be awesome members and I am confident that if we accommodate them we would most likely pick up two new members right away.

Please let me know.

Luke
Old 11-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Racing today, doors open at 8:30am, drivers meeting @ 9:30, first heat on the line @ 9:45.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also, The grace period for membership is over, if dues are not paid today, your points will not count from race 1 & 2, and non-member fees will be charged.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was a good race day today, no better way to spend a cold day! Great job on keeping on time and cleaning up at the end, thanks to all.

Points series updated, look here

Todays results

Last edited by SLOWINSLOWOUT; 11-30-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Reminder

it was a good day yesterday! and it looks like our entry is growing every race. Steve C.... dude you are improving so much this year i hope greg shorter is watching and preparing to race soon!

i need to remind everyone that as a racer you MUST marshal after your race or, have a substitute. it doesn't matter if your the fastest person OR the slowest. it doesn't matter if its the A main or the Novice class.

I also think that if you are calling a race you should CALL the race. Everyone is entitled to know how they are doing on the track... qually AND mains!

I hope that people who do not follow this, would be DQ'd from their result(not just a lap)

thank you
(send your messages to me)

Last edited by BulletMan; 12-01-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

If anyone is interested in getting into F1, Mark is trying to sell his:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...l#post13602645

Luke
Old 12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

I've hear Steve is wicked fast now. It sucks not racing.

I get to look at my cars lol.

Soon
Old 12-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Gotta say I'm feelin the RC love these days. Really appreciate all the comments on my driving, means a lot to me. Can't wait for the next race.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BPRacing
Thanks guys. Gotta say I'm feelin the RC love these days. Really appreciate all the comments on my driving, means a lot to me. Can't wait for the next race.
Can't wait to see you on the dirt!!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Merse
Can't wait to see you on the dirt!!
sandy... you got to come to a race.... maybe a saturday night practise? i will give you my radio and car to run some laps ( u will be hooked dude! )
Old 12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I came a couple times last year, I just can't sacrifice anymore time for RC, I'm lucky I can get out all summer, if I get time in the winter I go to Big white. But who knows mabe one year when I finally do in my knees I'll come out...
Old 12-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gman313
I've hear Steve is wicked fast now. It sucks not racing.

I get to look at my cars lol.

Soon
Ironically Steve's cars have been getting slower and slower. At least it appears that way because his driving is getting smoother and smoother, which equates to faster lap times. After the first couple qualifiers on Sunday he was only 2 laps off TQ pace. His F1 was, what seemed, painfully slow in Penticton, but in fact it wasn't at all, it was smooth and fast and he held 3rd like a boss because of it. Guaranteed if he had of started hammering the throttle he would have ended up lower in the results.

As a note to other members - something recently "clicked" for Steve I think. The realization that you can't push your car (unless of course its setup perfect, which none of ours are) and that as soon as you back off the throttle just a tiny bit, you end up being significantly faster.

When you learn to apply your throttle smoothly and slowly instead of either 0% or 100% you are going to make a big leap in your lap times.

Everyone in our club has touring cars that can be competitive, just need to get everyone to ease off and smooth out the driving.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BPRacing
Hmm think he is fast now. Wait till I get to do a one on one mentoring session
with BPRacer. He is next on my hit list of too much info all at once lol

I love helping almost more than racing nowadays. Hoping to get up to one of your guys' practice and race sessions. That way I can spend all night helping everyone..... Well everyone except LP. he is fast enough now.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by lpittman
Ironically Steve's cars have been getting slower and slower. At least it appears that way because his driving is getting smoother and smoother, which equates to faster lap times. After the first couple qualifiers on Sunday he was only 2 laps off TQ pace. His F1 was, what seemed, painfully slow in Penticton, but in fact it wasn't at all, it was smooth and fast and he held 3rd like a boss because of it. Guaranteed if he had of started hammering the throttle he would have ended up lower in the results.

As a note to other members - something recently "clicked" for Steve I think. The realization that you can't push your car (unless of course its setup perfect, which none of ours are) and that as soon as you back off the throttle just a tiny bit, you end up being significantly faster.

When you learn to apply your throttle smoothly and slowly instead of either 0% or 100% you are going to make a big leap in your lap times.

Everyone in our club has touring cars that can be competitive, just need to get everyone to ease off and smooth out the driving.
I hard wired my throttle . only on or off. nothing in between. more of a switch than a trigger. maybe a hair trigger .just touch it and it goes off. That's what she said lol ooops I think I just burnt myself lalalalalala carry on folks nothing to see here ... ok im done
Old 12-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.