Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
KRC RACING  (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB) >

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Old 11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Points series updated, look here . Remember, you must start the main (car must cross the line at start of race under its own power) to score points.

Results

Last edited by SLOWINSLOWOUT; 11-09-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Points series updated, look here . Remember, you must start the main (car must cross the line at start of race under its own power) to score points.
Results
no TQ in 1/12?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BulletMan
no TQ in 1/12?
Open yer eyes
Old 11-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just want to address a few issues.

Saturday Set-up/Practice;
I will book the next 3 Saturdays for set-up and practice. Doors will open AT 6PM, we will need a minimum of 6 people to start set-up, set-up is done when the track boards are fully taped down. This should take no more than 45minutes if we all stay focused on the task at hand. I will make sure we have layouts on hand to guide us moving forward. Making it up as we go takes too long…..

2. Practice fees;
If you participate for the majority of set-up(not just the last 10min), the fee is $10.00 for members and guests, if you arrive late, or do not participate, the fee is $15.00 for members and guests.*

3. Membership fees are now due, if they are not paid at the next race registration, you will be charged non-member race rates. Also, if not paid, points for the first two races will not count. There is no charge for first time racers for their first race.

4. Mains. It was brought to my attention that how the mains are set up could potentially affect the points series out come. To this end, I feel that it is important to set guidelines on how the mains are seeded. Of course, there are many variables that will influence how this is done for race day to race day, such as the number of cars in a class, the size and layout of the track, the disparity of skill levels amongst the drivers in the class, time, available people to marshall, etc.. So with this in mind, the ultimate decision on how to seed the mains is at the discretion of the Race Director. The goal it to have mains that will give the racers a fair and enjoyable level of competition.
-Ideally, for the size of our track, 6 cars per main for club races.(this is not the rule, but a guideline, the RD may choose to set the number of cars)
-If the number of cars in a class would make the bottom main have less than half the number of cars, then the last two heats would be adjusted so the last heat has half the number of cars.
-IE; if we have 9 cars in a class, the A-main would have 6 cars, and the B-main would have 3 cars.
-If we have 8 cars in the class, the A-main would have 5 cars, and the B-main would have 3 cars.
-If we have 7 cars in a class, they may all run in the A-main, however, if there is a large disparity in skill levels, the RD may choose to split into an A (4cars)and B (3cars) main, The RD’s decision to do so is final, and points will be awarded on finishing position in your respected main.
-The RD may choose to run a 5 car A-main and a 5 car B-main if there are 10 cars in a class(or 4 and 4), if this will make for enjoyable mains based on qualifying times.
-The lower mains will never have more cars than a higher main.(may leave an open spot in the A if we choose to run bump ups)

5. I will be getting some lumber to make perimeter boards, and boards to separate the infield and strait. I will work on them as time allows, hoping to have them ready for next race meet. This should alleviate the problem of cars exiting the coarse, and free up some road rails for the infield.

Thats about it for now, sorry if it sounds like I am overcomplicating things, just trying to lay down the framework for a successful club! All of this is open for discussion, let me know what you think please. Also, nothing is set in stone, if something is not working we can tweak it till it does!

One last thing, if you have someone asking questions about the club, be it classes, fees, etc, please ensure you are giving correct responses to their enquiries.

All in all, I think things are going quite well, we have had two successful club races now, and look to have much success!
Keep the rubber side down
Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Good comments Earl,

I haven't been there for onroad but when I ran a few offroad races I found setting the mains to be difficult.

I think the ratio is a good idea. However I also think if you have a pack of racers who are very close its nice when they are in the same main. We had some awesome b main races last year. Close racing is awesome!!

Hopefully when I come out I'll make an A or too. Someone has to give that BPR guy a run for his money!!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

I'll add I really want to come out. Volume cures all and if we got back to two full mains of TC and 1/12 that would be awesome!!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile boards

Why notbuy pvc downspout instead of wood it might be a bit more but way more benifits than wood
Old 11-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by toddyule
Why notbuy pvc downspout instead of wood it might be a bit more but way more benifits than wood
4 times the cost......
Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Was thinking of holding a tech night next week to help guys get ready for Penticton WCICS. Anyone interested?
Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default raild

4 times the cost......
Its abt $1:25 a foot lots lighter and way less damage but i dont know the money issue
Old 11-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by toddyule
Its abt $1:25 a foot lots lighter and way less damage but i dont know the money issue
Yep, like I say, about 4 times the cost of making them from lumber, $0.31/foot. As to harder on cars, this is true, we just need to stay off them!(CRC click track isnt much easier on the cars, I always break something on a track that has them!!) Just trying to improve things for the club. Looking for a better solution for the perimeter, that will both help keep cars on the track, and free up road rails for the infield, the cost will be coming from my pocket regardless of what we come up with....

However, I may have something worked out to get some vinyl.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Just a reminder, Race day this Sunday!!! See you out there!!! Also I see that Earl has booked the next 3 practices. I will be there for setup, I'm leaving work early to make it there!!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, like I say, about 4 times the cost of making them from lumber, $0.31/foot. As to harder on cars, this is true, we just need to stay off them!(CRC click track isnt much easier on the cars, I always break something on a track that has them!!) Just trying to improve things for the club. Looking for a better solution for the perimeter, that will both help keep cars on the track, and free up road rails for the infield, the cost will be coming from my pocket regardless of what we come up with....

However, I may have something worked out to get some vinyl.
keep it to the wood/2x4 perimeter, its more damage to leave the track and hit a pit table / drivers stand etc. JMO
Old 11-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mason and I are in for practice. See you all at 6.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are you ready to race!

That's right, racing this Sunday!! Practice is booked for Saturday, doors will open at 6pm. Track set up first, then open/controlled practice until aprox. 12am.

See you all then.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.