KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Like Tree19Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Old 01-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Info

Originally Posted by BulletMan View Post
hey Jason,
Penticton has been supporting us with 10+ entries on most of our race days so, we need to support PRCC when we can.

That said, we would like to come to Kamloops when we can, let us know your race day schedule, start time and normal day end times, classes, entry fees, and do we need tables and chairs etc. Also if any of your rules are different than what WCICS uses (that is what we follow).

Hope to see you soon here at KRC!
No worries.

Race this weekend and the following. Rest of the season dates and the times are on the website. There are tables etc, door opens at 830 racing by 10. Finish for 430-5.

We are following the WCICS/ROAR rule sets, so nothing crazy. RCar is the only 'unique' class.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Schedule Change

Hey,
Greenbay has asked us to change our February booking. Thanks to the quick response from the club members, we are able to race on the 7th.

February 6th Practice night. lets get there at 5:30pm and get things going asap!!

February 7th Race Day Doors open at 8:30am racing at 10am

February 21st NO RACING. Pentiction is racing lets support them!!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Racing this Sunday!! Doors open at 830am, first heat on the line at 930am, will try and get out a bit early so you can catch the second half of the game.

Green Bay Rec. center gym, 1449 Green bay road.

There is also practice tonight, doors open at 530pm. We will be having a club meeting for members as well tonight, will do that around 8pm during practice. If you are a club member, please come and participate in the meeting.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I think ill come tomorrow and see if i can get my damn 1/12 working
Old 02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Was another good day of racing with friends!!

Will update the points shortly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_03_CTA_A-Main.pdf (32.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_05_F1_A-Main.pdf (32.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up February 21st.....

Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post

February 21st NO RACING. Pentiction is racing lets support them!!
Kamloops is racing this day too and would love to have some of you come and race with us in the loops??
Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FIVE 7 View Post
Kamloops is racing this day too and would love to have some of you come and race with us in the loops??
Jason has some pics on Facebook, looks like a great place to race!!
We will have to get some of us out there!!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Club Race Feb. 28

We have the gym for the 28th!!

No Practice on Saturday, Please be there early to help with track set up, the sooner it is done the sooner we can get racing!! doors open 8am Sunday morning.

Green Bay Rec. center gym, 1449 Green bay road.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Off Road

Someone was saying that there wasn't going to be off road this year, tell me it's not true.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Rob,

The biggest hurdle we need to clear to have an off-road season this year is the drivers stand. It's in dire need of a new deck, new stairs and a new railing. Some members have looked at it and the estimates have ranged from $300 to $900... Currently, once you subtract our recurring expenses the club doesn't have the money to cover this.

We've talked about some fundraising to make this season happen in the form of asking people to pre-pay their entries for the season, likely offering a discount for those that do. A few have stepped up, but not enough so far. In addition we also have insurance and porta-potty rental to consider.

The other main area of concern was in the actual running of the races and shepherding of the scoring equipment, as Earl won't be running off-road this season. I've volunteered to take care of those, but it won't matter if we don't get the stand fixed up!

In short, we need people to commit to making this season happen, to make it happen.

Greg G
Old 02-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Hey Rob,

The biggest hurdle we need to clear to have an off-road season this year is the drivers stand. It's in dire need of a new deck, new stairs and a new railing. Some members have looked at it and the estimates have ranged from $300 to $900... Currently, once you subtract our recurring expenses the club doesn't have the money to cover this.

We've talked about some fundraising to make this season happen in the form of asking people to pre-pay their entries for the season, likely offering a discount for those that do. A few have stepped up, but not enough so far. In addition we also have insurance and porta-potty rental to consider.

The other main area of concern was in the actual running of the races and shepherding of the scoring equipment, as Earl won't be running off-road this season. I've volunteered to take care of those, but it won't matter if we don't get the stand fixed up!

In short, we need people to commit to making this season happen, to make it happen.

Greg G
I'd love to race off road this year. I'll help with the stand and I'd call two races....

The other Greg
Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I wanted a 22 3.0 or a 1/8 but I guess now it's a new Vortex 250 Pro Quad.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pitbull racing View Post
Those are pretty nice! I haven't decided on a frame yet but I've started collecting the other parts, definitely looks like a blast to race them.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pitbull racing View Post
They're super cool i would be in
Old 02-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Donation

Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Hey Rob,

Greg G
Greg,

If it helps, I can donate some $$ for this.

I highly recommend that somehow KRC pulls together and gets the offroad season in the works. ...taking a season off will leave the track to disrepair and likely lose you a few members (current and new).

We were fortunate here in Kamloops that the driver stand was originally donated from the Trades Department at the university. I think we paid materials, they built and assisted with assembly of the unit. ...we moved it around to our current location and still have the stairs for our current stand, and the Race Control Shack was part of the original setup.

Perhaps a business would be willing to assist in a similar manner. Ie fabricate new stair case and assist with railing and decking the stand. Or from the other side, a business donating the materials and hopefully one of you know a good carpenter or two.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service