Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
KRC RACING  (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB) >

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Old 05-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here is a more detailed membership form and race day fee schedule. If you would like to support your locale racing club, please become a member. You can print out the member form and bring it to the track.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
KRC membership form.pdf (44.7 KB, 149 views)
Off Road race fee schedule.pdf (34.4 KB, 111 views)
Old 05-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

A fun start to the season, ran pretty smoothly. Hopefully some more 4x4 SC drivers start cropping up because It was feeling a little barren on the track.

Now to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-fix my slash !
Old 05-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was a good first club race! Thanks to everyone for coming out. And a big thanks to Steve for running the day, it went smoothly.

Here are the results. Greg has offered to manage the point series for off road, he will post up the standings and how points are going to be scored, stay tuned, and thanks Greg!
Attached Files
R5_Race_02_2wd SC_A-Main.pdf (22.5 KB, 97 views)
R5_Race_03_4wd Buggy_A-Main.pdf (17.0 KB, 109 views)
R5_Race_04_2wd Truck_A-Main.pdf (22.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

And the rest
Attached Files
R5_Race_06_4wd SC_A-Main.pdf (21.0 KB, 83 views)
Old 05-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome day of racing!!! This was KRC's first off-road race and I feel it went very well. Thank you to all the racers who joined us and made it a great day. We saw some new racers to the track, Liam even had a podium finish in his first race. Great job. We will continue to improve as the season progress, that being said if there are any areas you see room for improvement please let me know so we can make it happen. One thing I would like to see happen is all pit spaces to be pushed back a bit further from the track. When your set up close to the track it slows down the watering and it increases your chance of a free car wash. I will remind racers of this at the race. Also we saw some intense battles in a lot of the heats so I would like to suggest at the end of the day bringing back challenge races so you and your track nemesis can settle it one on one. Feedback on this is encouraged. All in all it was a great start to what will be an incredible season.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've updated the points with the results from Sunday, you can view them here. The idea is to effectively give us more racing and less qualifying, hopefully making the earlier rounds a bit more exciting.

The way it's setup is that the qualifying rounds are treated as smaller races. Your 2 best of the 3 are scored out of 25 points, and then added to your points from the main which is scored out of 50. So a maximum of 100 points are on the table each race. As in our previous points series, you have to complete at least one lap in a heat or main for it to be counted towards your points total for that race day.

Starting next race, I believe we'll be using heads-up starts for all the rounds, one thing we haven't really discussed is starting order for the heat rounds. I think it would be interesting to do the first round random, and then do reverse order for the other rounds, so the guys with faster prior runs generally start near the back, might mix things up a bit, and give guys who had bad luck a better shot at a clean run.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default buggy

Originally Posted by toddyule
Ill race my wgt against whatever u guys bring up we will make a mixed class
O vote buggy out and stadium truck in
Old 05-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I think that the members that for whatever reason are getting a free ride this year should still have to help with the track
Old 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toddyule
I think that the members that for whatever reason are getting a free ride this year should still have to help with the track
First, there are no "members getting a free ride" and second; helping out with the track is completely voluntary. Although it is highly encouraged for members of the club to volunteer and help with track maintenance (how is it supposed to get done if no one volunteers) we obviously can't and shouldn't even attempt to force people to help.

If there is any questions or concerns about how the club is being run please contact Earl, Greg S or myself and we will be pleased to discuss the concern with you.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Maintenance

With the big race in the near future we will be doing a full work over on the track. On Wednesday May 13th we will be doing some general maintenance to the track to get it ready for the next club race, I will be at the track at 5:45. The more people to come to this the better the surface will be sunday. On Tuesday May 19th we will be rebuilding all the jumps as well as grooming(never ending battle) the track. We will need at least 4-6 guys to complete this. Aaron and I will be at the track at 2 to start the work. On May 31 after our club race the whole track will be getting dragged and groomed. The track will be closed the week before our event. If you can make any of these planned maintence days please let me know.

Last edited by BPRacing; 05-11-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Need some advice on tires for the 8th scale. If I were to get an alternate set, what should I be looking at? Ideally something that is a premount, I hate gluing tires.

Currently running the AKA Enduro's, they seem to work OK, but not stellar.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

I like my enduros but they're all I've tried.

But have been told Ibeams and Impacts also work good. Slicks maybe.....can't have you beating me
Old 05-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Need some advice on tires for the 8th scale. If I were to get an alternate set, what should I be looking at? Ideally something that is a premount, I hate gluing tires.

Currently running the AKA Enduro's, they seem to work OK, but not stellar.
lol! I knew "just having fun" wasn't going to last!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Earl i just ordered a set of Impacts last week. I think they will work well.
I've been using them on my SC and i love the feel of the track i'm getting.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Buggy Raffle!!

Announcing the 1st annual KRC Racing Buggy Raffle!

We are raffling off a AE RC10B5 Factory Team kit.

Get you tickets fast, there will only be 50 tickets available, so will sell out fast. Only $10.00 for your chance to win a new buggy valued at $299.98.

Tickets will be available at the track or by contacting Luke, Greg S or myself on line. Winner will be notified by phone, kit will be shipped free of charge in the event of an out of town winner.

Good luck!
Attached Files
Untitled.pdf (75.8 KB, 89 views)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.