Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambikilr
Can I have mine back too. And my car as well
No.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

If anyone is looking at upgrading their radio I know of an Airtronics M12 for sale.

Get a hold of me if you are interested.

Luke
Old 03-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lpittman
No.
Okay but can I at least have my gear diff back.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bambikilr
Okay but can I at least have my gear diff back.
Yep but I replaced the 2.5m with hair gel. Works like a charm.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck to all our guys heading out to the WCICS race this weekend. If anyone needs any PTs or anything let me know and I will hook you up.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Our AGM will be held on the 26th at the BBQ. If you cannot attend, please contact me if you have any business you would like discussed. We will be electing the executive at this time as well, if you would like to run for a position, let me know.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Big news everyone!

The club now owns all assets including the timing equipment!

We will now be running the off-road racing program. A big thanks to Sandy for helping make this happen. We will keep the same schedule that was set for the season, and we will also be running the Electric Buggy Shoot Out trophy race as set out. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting event!

Please use this thread for all your off road related questions and comments, the Kelowna Dirt thread will not be monitored.

Please have a look at the attached flier for the schedule and important info in regards to fees and membership. This flier is also available at the local hobby shops.

See you all on the track this summer!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Final off road schedule.pdf (51.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Great news

Congrats Kelowna Racing Club
Great to see a club gaining momentum.
keep up the good work.
Mark
CMRC
Old 04-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Tech Initiate

That membership pass for the season is a great deal! If someone was to enter 1 class every race day including the tentative day and excluding buggy shootout, they would spend 200 dollars w/o pass and 150 dollars with pass. I will most likely get one this year! Cya guys on the track
Old 04-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raiden1877
That membership pass for the season is a great deal! If someone was to enter 1 class every race day including the tentative day and excluding buggy shootout, they would spend 200 dollars w/o pass and 150 dollars with pass. I will most likely get one this year! Cya guys on the track

Hey Raiden it is a smokin deal. Not only will you save on race fees it also allows you track access on practice days. Also we are working on a few other perks that will be available only to members. We race again this Sunday, hope to see you out there.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Hey racers we are doing a maintenance day this Wednesday instead of practice so if you can make it the help would be appreciated. Also we will have some slight changes to race day. We are hoping to start a bit earlier to beat the heat so first race will be off the line at 9:45 sharp. To help this along be there early or if you know you will be a bit later preregistration either here, Facebook or even text me your classes. In an effort to keep the day running smooth and on time we will be introducing a marshall table. After your race your car goes onto the table and you go right out to your spot. The hope is this keeps the day running as we won't be waiting for marshals to get back to the track. Feedback on this would be great.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

A marshal table may help speed things up a little. I suspect the bigger problem is our fairly heavy reliance on volunteers. I think what would help most is structuring the race order so as to minimize the amount of people running back to back. It's difficult to optimize because people overlap in different ways, but there's certainly room for improvement over what we're doing now.

Off the top of my head we could change the order to:
1. 2wd Buggy
2. 2wd SC
3. 4wd Buggy
4. 2wd Truck
5. 1/8 Buggy
6. 4wd SC

There is probably a more ideal order but even that one removes a bunch of the overlaps. We could also allocate a couple people to marshal other heats, like 2wd buggy has a fairly strong turnout so we could move a couple of the marshals to help cover from one of the smaller heats since we only need 4 or 5 to have decent coverage of the track.

The only other real solution is to simply limit the amount of classes people are allowed to run. I know we have a rule requiring people to have a dedicated marshal in the event they're running back to back, but at small club races it just isn't that practical, and enforcing it is likely to just remove a bunch of entries. Entries that some of the smaller classes need to survive.

As with most of these sorts of problems, bigger turnouts fix the issue, so clearly we should just get more people out there .
Old 04-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Excellent comments!

I don't think limiting the classes hurts (this is coming from the guy that has five) but I would base it on turnout. Ex. Thou shalt not race more than 1/3 or 1/2 of the number of heats. So if there is two heats of everything, one could run everything, but if there isn't then pick and choose....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.