Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
WCORCS final !! Quesnel RD fourm >

WCORCS final !! Quesnel RD fourm

WCORCS final !! Quesnel RD fourm

Old 08-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Talking WCORCS final !! Quesnel RD fourm

hey there race fans it's me ... martin
this is "hopefully the place we can discuss the final race of the series, rules, attitudes, etc.
You all (most) know me and the way I like to run the show. but for those who may not here goes....
1) I RUN THE SHOW... not you. you will be ready when I say so or you will not race the heat.
2) As I have an anouncer I WILL be watching more than usual. Be aware as I am pretty picky on short coursing, pit lane speed, marshals etc.
3) being the final... YOU BETTER be on your BEST behavior!! (nuff said).
4) (don... I am still running this race right?) hahaha
5) Be very ready to race, ALL THE TIME, if need be I will change race orders.
6) I WILL check legality of ALL cars on a random basis.
7) Attitude can be left at home... I don't tolerate them
8) the MORE fun you have the better your race weekend will go!!!
9) I look forward to this event!
10) Happy race'n and good luck to ALL

with that said... NOW is the time to ask, suggest and comment. Once Friday practise starts I will be on a mission to make this the best race you have ever attended!!

martin
Old 08-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

PS, as I have limited access to internet I will only be responding weekly or there abouts... sorry
Old 08-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My only concern is point 5. If you change the race order, you must make the announcement prior to the next round starting. Other than that, its should all be good.

I also really liked the way the grid was run in MH for qualifying. I think it makes way more sense to do it that way than trying to put around for nearly 30 secs while waiting for your name to be called. It worked extremely well and there were very few flameouts. We will be running the qualifying this way in Calgary.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do you have to qualify in anyway to run this race? Is it necassary to have run in one of the other WCORCS races to race in this one?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary Fliegel
I also really liked the way the grid was run in MH for qualifying. I think it makes way more sense to do it that way than trying to put around for nearly 30 secs while waiting for your name to be called. It worked extremely well and there were very few flameouts. We will be running the qualifying this way in Calgary.
What did they do different...?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

We (MH) did a new qualifing start that we learnt when we went down to California. What happens is you come in for fuel (when RD announces to). You get fueled up and go for another lap (the RD says the "loop" is live in 30 secs or however long it takes for the fastest lap on that track). Once the 30 secs is up the loop is live and when your car crosses the loop your time is started. So it doesn't matter if you start first or last (more of a strategy game) and like Gary said less flameouts. The qualifier goes on for the regular 5 mins. Kind of confusing to understand on here, but works great on the track.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The RD doesn't call names to cross the line, everyone spreads themselves out and crosses by themselves. Excellent method. I didn't see anyone trying to battle to be the first across the line either.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Wheel Nut: You do not have to run any of the WCORCS qualifiers to race in the final.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

I like the race start procedure that they used in the hat. I've raced it in electric in the states a looong time ago and it works!

Martin, I've heard that you run a great race. Let's hope that you you can come out 'east' and race with us soon !

Buddha
Old 08-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Can't wait....Just don't piss Martin off..I'm still limping from Kamloops...LOL

When is the post going up for Reg...????
Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hows the work coming on the track? nobody has seen any pictures or anything yet. How about an update.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All:

Martin you will be " The Man", haha. If need be, you can talk to me for any things needed for rules clarification. I also liked the starting format for the Qualifiers in MH. We will use that here in Quesnel for the Final.....but remember the Nitro Mains will be using the Starting Gate and Electric Classes will be on the marked straightaway grid.

If need be there will be timed practices (10minute allotments) on Friday.

You can all start putting your pre-registrations on this thread. Cutoff for late fees to start is August 26/2005 at 12PM midnight. If you are not registered by Sept 3, 9:00 AM, 2005 then you are a spectator for the weekend.

Or email me at [email protected]

I will have some more hotel/motel info later today. There is camping at the track. We will have a special rate for racers by ACE Taxi to town and back.

Now to address the alcohol question.
Our race is on private property. We will allow alcohol in your camping facility
at the track as it is your home away from home only on the following conditions.

1. When the Race days are over officially ONLY!
2. There will be an announcement by the RD or announcer when this policy goes into effect.
3. Any time other than this will be cause for penalty and will be strictly enforced.
4. All bottles/cans must be kept neatly in control, no messes allowed.
5. Drinking and driving to town after race day is over will not be tolerated. We have Taxis ready within 5-10 minutes for you to travel. Our local RCMP Police will be watching and they have a zero tolerance. Be warned!

Off to the track for now....talk to you later tonight!

Don Ropcean
Old 08-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Are you set up for personal transponders?

Pictures of the the track going to be posted?

And is there power, or do we need generators?

Last edited by Evil Klownz; 08-07-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:08 PM
JD
Tech Regular

Is the track ready yet theres less then a month to your race and ive heard nothing or seen nothing posted so far about your track?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ok Guys:

We should have some extra power ( gensets) but not guaranteed till the City of Quesnel oks it for us, (I'm awaiting the word). If you have a genset bring it with you.

We are using the old AMB system so personal transponders will not work with it.

As to pics, when the track is finished I will try to get some done for you. We are still a few days work away from that happening, so don't get to antsy on the pics yet. We want to have it done properly before any pics are released as there will be some interesting parts to the track that are only roughed in. The running line will be about 650' for gas and 550' for electric. The 1/8 tires you will need are Crimefighters or similar from other companys. For GT step pins work the best. Bowties will work if the track is damp, but they fall off when the track starts to dry out. As to MT tires I think the new style (crime fighters) by Proline would be the best. All electric classes use Step pins in the rear and ribs in front except the 4WD which should probably use step pins all around.

I'm back to work at the track so I'll post some more soon.

Don

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service