Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Screaming Mosquitoes RC Club, Fort St. John, BC >

Screaming Mosquitoes RC Club, Fort St. John, BC

Screaming Mosquitoes RC Club, Fort St. John, BC

Old 05-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Screaming Mosquitoes RC Club, Fort St. John, BC

Hey there guys,

Just a note to inform you of the upcoming race this Sunday, May 29, 2005. It will be at the new track north of the airport. We usually try to start around 11:00 am. Most guys show up earlier to get some tuning and practice in.

Directions to the track:

Head east of the FSJ Airport to the 'T' intersection,
Turn left (north) toward the old Beatton crossing,
Continue through the gate for about 200 yds,
Track is on the left.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, I'm with the Grande Prairie club and we want to come up to your track and race with you guys some time this summer, have you got a website with details on your race schedule and such? Mabye some guys from your club are interested in coming to GP and racing with us? We mostly do Monster and stadium truck, although a few of us have got 1/8th buggies, not enough in town here right now to run a full racing class though.

Check out our site at: www.grandeprairiercaction.net
Old 05-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

That would be great. All are welcome. Our track is shaping up pretty nice. I am currently working on a website... just not enough hours in the day.

For the out-of-towners, we race monster truck and 1/8th buggy mostly. We have a new start gate this year, and a lapcounting/timing system. Races are usually every third weekend, but I will post the official schedule when I get it and the fees.

I have been to your website a number of times. Nice job! There is some interest in travelling down to race. I am hoping to get a few guys to travel together and make a weekend of it. When is your next race?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will be up to visit family sometime this summer, I will have to try to time it over a race weekend. Maybe post some picks would be cool.

Larry "Goatman" Blois
Old 05-27-2005, 11:50 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Jambiefsj, please visit our website for the complete race schedule or you can contact me by email or phone, also on the website. Hope to see you and some of your crew here!!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

I have been to your website, gkb, very impressive. I have mentioned racing to the other guys and we may have a bunch to come. Got room for some REVO's and LST's? We are also quite avid with 1/8th buggies, but I hear that hasn't taken off yet there...

Also, goatman, I will try to ge tsome pics and vids this weekend and post. I will try to get my site up and running next week (if work will allow).

One more thing, I was chatting with some of the guys in the club and if any out-of -towners are interested in coming up this weekend, we would waive the race fees. We like to see new blood come out to our races... kind of a meet and greet.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:34 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Jambiefsj, unfortunately we have our own race series happening this weekend but I am sure that not all our races will conflict with yours. We would be happy to come up there and race with you guys. Let us know when you have your website running and post your race schedule on it so we know what is going on with your club. Thanks!!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, the season opener is under our belt... What a day! the temperature hit 27 degrees and there was a nice breeze which made it bearable. The buggies and trucks ran pretty good and the track held up well (only some minor maintenance to fill in a couple of hole and rake up the jumps again).

We had 10 guys come out, which gave us a decent monster truck class, buggy class and small open class. Only a few breakdowns... some on the track... adn others off the track. Our parts guy, Pete, will be happy .

Our next race is this weekend coming, Sunday June 5, 2005. Any out-of towners that would like to attend, give Pete @ Hammer Hobbies a call (250)785-7723, and he has a deal on rooms if needed.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:44 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Congrats on getting your first race done. Our next race is also this weekend, hopefully we will get some weekends where our schedules will not conflict.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Next race

Should be another good weekend of racing, all units back together and running.We should plan for a quick work bee this week to prep the track again Jamie!!
Alan
Old 05-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Would we rather do it on a weeknight or maybe Saturday? I was thinking maybe Friday evening. Let me know.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Weather permiting I think we should do it saturday after I get off work...
Let me know if that works for you J.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

How is the web site going??Pete got me on the spectrums now and a Helios controller..LOL!!! Bugger!!Except it didn't take much twisting of my rubber arm!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

The website is at www.screamingmosquitoesrc.royalefire.com. It is still under construction, but I have some pictures and a couple of videos in there.

Saturday evening might be the only time I can get to the track... I think the rain last night would have helped. I might take a drive out there today.

Later.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great website and awesome pics. Hoping to get up there for the June 26th race day.
Looks like you get a pretty good turnout, about how many do you get out on average.

Larry "Goatman" Blois

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service