TCS In Canada is No More

Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy TCS In Canada is No More

This was posted on Tamiya Canada's Facebook page today

"Official Announcement:

"I am very sorry for not keeping all of you informed over the last few month's.

It is with a very heavy heart that there will be no TCS Series in Canada for 2013. This is hard for me to see end cause I started the series in Canada way back in 1998. As you may or may not know the TCS was originally a worldwide series with every Western European Country, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea, Philippines, Japan, United States, and Canada involved. Since 2008 countries have been pulling out and here in Canada we pressed on. In 2009 it was only Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea, USA, Japan, and Canada. This hasnít increased.

Over the 14 years the series ran across Canada, we have seen lots of racers and held events in 6 provinces. Borgfeldt Canada had given 52 expense paid trips to the North American Finals held each year at Tamiya America. Crazy to imagine that Borgfeldt also gave away over 500 car kits as prizes! A total of 176 Tamiya races were run over the past 14 years!

Thank you to everyone that participated in the series and to the clubs, tracks, and retail stores that helped make the series a success!" - Tom"

This sucks for the guys that ran it. I ran it for a few years when in Ontario and it was what got me into On road racing. Very sad for the R/C Community
Old 03-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

now the question is...

can we now run as part of the US TCS and go to NA Finals?