Search

Terra Nova Hobby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Terra Nova Hobby

Here it is, the Official Terra Nova Hobby thread. We can discuss our racing events and products. We carry only a few product lines, but our products are chosen with value, and durability in mind. The products we carry, are the ones we use ourselves. We don't deal with the poor quality products that produce high sales on replacement parts, because we don't like replacing parts ourselves every time we go to race or bash. We don't carry the Expensive, "High end" stuff, because we don't feel it is necessary for our level of racing. We are not going to the "Worlds" races with our products, although some people have. If you feel that you need to spend $400+ on a race engine, or $700+ on a race buggy or truggy, then you have a different opinion than we do, but we will see you at most of the races with our engines/kits.
Our main specialty is SH Engines and Z-Car. Both of these brands have a good reputation for quality, durability, and reliability at a reasonable price.

From SH and Z-Car, we carry:
  • Nitro Engines
  • Tuned Pipes
  • Clutch parts
  • Glow Plugs
  • Pro Nitro Buggies
  • RTR Nitro Buggies
  • Pro Electric Buggies
  • RTR Electric Buggies
  • Pro Nitro Truggies
  • RTR Nitro Truggies
  • Buggy and Truggy Tires
  • Tools
  • Shock/Diff Oil
  • Air Filter Oil
  • And almost Everything else you need to Race or Bash
We are also a Dealer for Horizon Hobby Products and we have our own brand of Lipo batteries.

You can check out our products at www.terranovahobby.ca

We would also like to thank all of our customers for helping us grow this past year. Without your support, we would not succeed.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

PLEASE NOTE: Terra Nova Hobby will be closed from Thursday, Feb. 23 to Monday Feb. 27. We will be attending the "Best in the West Offroad Fest" in Naniamo, BC. Any orders placed during this time will ship starting Tuesday, Feb. 28. We will still do our best to answer any questions you may have by email.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Jamie you haved great prices on your products, I can't belive the prices on SH and vp pro tires compared to proline or AKA, we know they last longer and are just as good. Really like the torco fuel as well. Love th Z car buggy did all the changes you recommended just need spring to come along. Good luck on the island this weekend to Mark, Jamie and the crew.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

We have now set up the "Terra Nova Hobby" Newsletter email. We will send out info on special prices and promotions, New products, and event info.
Check out the signup form to register for the emails.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

There may be some website issues in the next day or so, but then that will hopefully be the end of the problems. Thanks to all the customers that contacted me to do manual orders when the site went down, It is greatly appreciated. I was trying to avoid the cost of a dedicated server for the site, but with the increased traffic, I had no other choice. Shared hosting just does not handle this kind of traffic. I knew a guy that always said " Don't let anything but fear and common sense stop you" I don't have either anyway, so I went for it.
With that, my site email may be down for a bit during the transfer, so if you need to contact me, use [email protected]

Now it's time for some racing. Getting the buggy & truggy cleaned up and ready to go.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

The website is transferred to the new server. If anyone sees any issues, let me know. For the cost of this new server, there had better not be any issues.

The forum is gone. It was not suitable for the new server and had too many security holes. We will be making a new, better forum.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bonus Points System

We are now working on a bonus points system in the online store. It works out to a 10% reward. For every $10 spent, you will get 1 point. This point is worth $1 and 30 points or more can be converted to a gift card for the next purchase. This is in addition to any monthly specials, SH Engine Free Shipping, and any other offers. This offer will not work without an account. Customers can check out through Paypal in our site without creating an account and logging in, but Bonus points will not be recorded as the customers don't have an account to apply it to. Our regular, repeat customers all seem to have accounts, and I will be giving them some bonus points based on the past purchases.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HELP!!!!

jamie, i sent you an email on your business site, and left a message on your visitor wall here on the forum...help!!!i blew my engine and i need one asap...i left the info in the other messages but i need the following:
highest rev/hp .28 ya got prefer 3 ports but flexible
lead time to get it here to edmonton

depending on its performance it may get modded...let me know what you can do for me plz. thanks
shane
Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey NEWFIE, I don't use the visitor message thing here on the forum. It does not notify me when someone leaves a message. The PM works much better. Your engine is on the way, let me know how it works out for you. It only takes one day for engines to ship to Edmonton.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Jamie...i left a message on your shop phone confirming that i have received it...i already gone mad scientist on it and turbo converted it...thanks for kickin a couple plugs as well i appreciate the extra service...im gonna break it in on an o.s 2060 pipe and my losi 4 shoe setup....i will update you on the progress...lets see if it can beat my O.S...when i opened the engine up i immediately noticed there was quite a bit of extra machining on the sleeve and crank compared to the o.s. hopefully some fangs and a little polishing makes it a screamer...im also gonna run two .2mm shims instead of the .1mm/.2mm combo the turbokit calls for...oh and to anyone reading this post...the service and $$$ just cant be beat...
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Free Shipping

Check out our flyer for the Labour Day Free Shipping sale. If you are subscribed to our newsletter, you will already have it.

Free Shipping
Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default new decal?

Hello Terra Nova,
I noticed on your flyer a new decal on lipo's
When will it be available cuz I WANT SOME (please)
Attached Thumbnails Terra Nova Hobby-terra_nova_battery_sample_aug_2012.jpg  
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BulletMan
Hello Terra Nova,
I noticed on your flyer a new decal on lipo's
When will it be available cuz I WANT SOME (please)
Are you looking for the lipos or the labels?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
Are you looking for the lipos or the labels?
I have 2 of your packs (2s,6000mah, 60c) i recently aquired from you. I have only run them once (awesome power ). I will be pushing them to the limit during the on-road TC season. I run BRUSHED motors in 27T stock and 19T spec classes. With the BL competition I need every AMP of power.

I WANT the new labels / decals as they will look GREAT on my car.
Attached Thumbnails Terra Nova Hobby-my-tc.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BulletMan
I have 2 of your packs (2s,6000mah, 60c) i recently aquired from you. I have only run them once (awesome power ). I will be pushing them to the limit during the on-road TC season. I run BRUSHED motors in 27T stock and 19T spec classes. With the BL competition I need every AMP of power.

I WANT the new labels / decals as they will look GREAT on my car.
The labels are for the batteries, not the cars . I do have some labels for vehicles, but there should have been some in with your batteries. If you want some more, let me know.

Thanks to everyone that subscribed to the newsletter. I will occasionally be sending out some awesome deals.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.