R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   2005 Mid-Winter Touring Car Challenge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/57947-2005-mid-winter-touring-car-challenge.html)

FIVE 7 12-20-2004 01:31 PM

2005 Mid-Winter Touring Car Challenge

The 2005 Mid-Winter Touring Car Challenge, Kamloops, BC

New name.....same great action!! This race used to be called the "Mid-Winter Challenge" race, held here in Kamloops, BC, but we are now part of a 3 city series race which includes Greater Vancouver and Victoria.

Kamloops Race- February, 25th to 27th, 2005

CLASSES

Touring Stock, Foam Tires
Touring Mod, Foam Tires
Touring 19T, Foam Tires
Touring Brushless (Min. 4 cars)
Touring Novice (First year racing ONLY)
Pro-10 (1/10th Pan Car)
1/12 Scale (19 Turn Locked Endbell)(Min. 4 Cars)
1/18th Scale Open Micros

MOTORS

Any ROAR approved Stock or Quad Mag Stock
Any ROAR approved 19T or Quad Mag with fixed timing
Any ROAR approved Mod, (10 Turn Limit)

DETAILS

Qualifying by IFMAR Starts. Four door body shells for TC's. 5mm ride height for all TC classes. 1500g weight rules. Triple A Mains.

We have a great, new facility here in Kamloops with room for an 80'X36' track layout. We have brand new Carpet this season and use smooth vinyl boards and the AMB 20 Transponder system. Home cooked meals will be provided on site by the church youth group at very resonable rates. Hotels, motels, pubs, restaurants, gas stations and Malls are all right within walking distance from the church gym. where we race. Hotel and Motel prices will be posted shortly and reservations can be made as required. Directions will also be made available soon aswell. Entry forms are available from myself, Brent Wende, TVRCRC President at: [email protected] If you require any additional info, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Friday, February 25th - Sign-up and practice - 7:00 to 10:00pm

Saturday, February 26th - Track opens at 8:00am, 1st qualifier at 10:00. 3 qualifiers on Saturday.

Sunday, February 27th - Track opens at 8:00am, 4th qualifier at 9:30. Triple A Mains to follow.

ENTRY FEES

1st Class $25.00 CDN
2nd Class $15.00 CDN
3rd Class $10.00 CDN

We hope to see many of your familiar faces and some new ones aswell. See you at the races.....:nod:

WhoopAssRCing 12-20-2004 02:33 PM

Hey Brent, I must be out of the loop. When are the Vancouver and Victoria races going to be held. I haven't heard of this series yet.

Dave

FIVE 7 12-20-2004 02:57 PM

Jesse asked me the same thing?....Korgae and Mr.Purple are supposed to be setting their end of the series up. I talked to Korgae 2 weeks ago and we talked about some details as I wanted to get the info out to all of you before it was too late. Korgae said it was to be a 3 city series including Victoria, Vancouver and Kamloops. Reguardless of if or when the other cities get their details worked out, Kamloops is a go....FOR SURE! Hope to see you all there. February 25th to 27th, 2005

Brent

[email protected]

WhoopAssRCing 12-27-2004 06:23 PM

Is there any more info on this series. I haven't heard anything yet.

Dave

Korgae 12-27-2004 07:15 PM

Dave, MSN for details but in a nutshell.

The series wil be in full effect for next season. This season will have 2 dates one by the new Langley track and the other with Kamloops, Victoria will be in it next year. (Blake and the group want to be a part of this but they have some issues to work out)

It was decided to create a series that has impact and focus for racing in BC.

The Series is based off of the successful Alberta Tri City series.

Rules: ( exactly the same as Alberta with the acception of the mains) This has been done and Alberta has been notified of our plans. which are to have some sort of Province championship in the future.

1) Club must be non profit.
2) 10 turn Mod
3) Foam tires
4) 5 minute 1/10 scale and 8 minute 12th scale.
5) and sedan type body.
6) IFMAR qualiy
7) Triple mains.

I beleive our date will be announced at the next club race once the date is set with Sonny.

Kamloops has annouced 8 weeks before the event ( which is a guideline in our rule book)

I beleive ours will be in March and will hopefully feature a guest driver. ( pending)

It's a postive start for racing in BC, hopefully a backbone to build on..

Giuseppe 12-28-2004 01:28 AM

Should be a good thing

I think that this series is very much needed here in BC. In recent years there really hasn't been many 'big' races to go to, each club held its own small event to hand out trophies and see some out of towners.

Since the Abby race has stopped running, onraod ahs taken a bit of a nose dive here in BC, no one wants to travel, no point without a BIG race to prep for, the Abby race. I think this series will bring the incentive to travel back to a lot of the racers both locally and province wide. This should be the beginning of the rivival of competitive racing in BC. :nod:

Hope to plenty of faces at the Kamloops race, it will be nice to race more than a few different people again. :cool:

FIVE 7 12-29-2004 10:13 PM

Hey Korgae, please let me know if any changes are needed to the originally posted info above. I have put together an entry form and it is now available from myself.

FIVE 7 01-03-2005 10:39 AM

Any word on the Langley date of this series??

stulec52 01-03-2005 02:18 PM

Hey Guys, good luck with this series !
I hope it really takes off.
The racing here in general really benefits from having the series we attend.
And I love your idea of triple A mains !!

tandman 01-03-2005 05:54 PM

Stu,

road trip????:weird: :sneaky: :tire: :nod:

Giuseppe 01-10-2005 10:23 PM

Just a bump

Hey everyone

Just want to give this a bump...and maybe remind everyone what is happening.

later

Rick Speer 01-15-2005 12:00 AM

???

i'm dumb,, whut are IFMAR qualiy's :confused:

dougmartin 01-15-2005 10:43 AM

Ricky

IFMAR- you are racing the clock not the other drivers. If someone catches up to you they are running quicker so u let them by, same for you if you catch up to someone who started ahead of you they should let you by.

Each driver is on their own clock,and the computer will tell you who is leading and how far apart the drivers are from each other.

I'll explain to you in more detail later.:D

Rick Speer 01-18-2005 10:23 PM

cool

Thanx Doug,,, i like the sound of that...
let get redy to rumbble !!!!!:D

:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

0000000000 01-19-2005 04:03 PM

Wow! Took me a while to remember my passowrd. Haven't logged on in ages.

Anyways, just a quick note.

Vancouver Minature Auto Racing (VMAR) is up & running. We are doing shakedown excercises within the club right now, to work out the bugs. But we look forward to holding the 2nd leg of this 2 city tour. We are in the mid-stages of a preliminary local points series, which is intended to prepair our club & administration for such an event.

That's all I can say for now. More info to be released soon, so stay tuned.