Lethbridge off-raod track

Old 12-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Lethbridge off-raod track

Hey, to anyone in the Lethbridge area. I am going to build an off-road track(outdoor) at my place and would like some input as to what you would like to see in a track. I have about an acre of land to use but that will have to include some parking. Also, if the drivers stand is on the southside of track length will be limited to 140' to 160', but if the track is turned 90 degrees more length can be achieved. Any input on all aspects is welcome!
Old 12-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Default OK Lets see what we can do

YGPM
Old 12-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default track ideas

i would like to see HUGE air and long straights...... LOL. just kidding, but i will help out in any way i can
mike
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We have not had a track in 6 years now. Hey Tom, it looks like offroad might come back to lethbridge. I will help out on weekends any bit that I can.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

What type of vehicle do you want the track geared for? Will gas be more popular than electric? And are 1/8 scales more common than 1/10 scale trucks?
Old 12-05-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Best of both worlds

We would probably utilise what we have for space for the design of the track, as for gas or electric it doesn't matter so much anymore they are both equally as fast now a day's. The standard for lane width would be our biggest challenge in the design of the course. '10 lanes are the standard as far as i know.

Mike, "therealshark" has allot of experience in designing road courses. He will be a definate asset to the building this track.

All of us who are interested should get together real soon and see what we can get started on now so there is less to do in the spring.

Tom
Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Lane width shouldn't be a problem. I'm more concerned about the length of a strait-away
Old 12-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Do you think there will be enough interest to be able to have club races?
Old 12-05-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Yes.................

I have personally seen allot of people around town with T maxx's and other rc product's.

"IF WE BUILD IT THEY WILL COME"

We'll need to advertise somehow??
Old 12-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

As far as advertising goes, You just did. This is a great place to post stuff like that. Most of the people who are heavily involved with racing are members here and will see the updated progress to the help you are adding to our racing cause. I live along way from you guys but am quite willing to travel for some good racing. Hope to here good things about your efforts in the future and good luck with the new track!!! Might see you there!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey grabber,

We can try and have a club race in the spring and we can see what the turn out is like. to build the track do you know if you could borrow a bobcat from work? It would make it 100X easier. I would make a layout that is fun......big jumps are nice to watch cars go over (anyone that has been to Red Deer knows what I am talking about), but it gets expensive for someone that is just starting out. Once the track is almost built I can come out with my multitude of vehicles (4WD Electric, 2WD Electric, 1/10th Gas, and 1/8 Gas.....and I can not forget about the Mini-T) and do some testing and modify the track if needed.

Chris
Old 12-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Chris.

I will be able to get a skid steer or some other type of loader. I want to start laying out and moving dirt any time it is mild this winter, but I want some input on how long to make the track! I hope that if we can get more poeple in off-road that they will try racing on-raod in the winter. I almost have room to pave part of my yard too for some gas on-raod racing. Have to look into how much that would be. That would be cool eh!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track Size

Hey STUpid1, how big of a track do yourace off-road on?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Our track when we had it(new one in the works) had a 125 foot straight and was about 80 feet across. If you go to www.rc-xxx.com and look for the "birth of a new track" articles you can see pics. Also the round 1 of the WCORCS was held at our track there are more pics there. The pics do it no justice, you can't tell it is clay. It only took one compaint to have it shut down by the city (kind of ironic considering they gave us the land). To bad, this was a good one! Huge air!! and a ton of speed. Are you guys going to make the trek to the Red Deer race??? If so, See you there!!! You will have to go back to April of 04 to find the pics. You will also find pics and a summary from the Wenatchee race from last year. This one is a Can-Am callange and draws some huge names!! A must for next year. 253 entries last year at that one.

Last edited by STUpid1; 12-07-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking track size

hi grabber
i think the track should be around the 120 to 130 foot range and 10 foot lanes for the 1/8 scale buggy's and monster trucks. most newbies start off with a monster truck and we dont want scare them off with a tight track. as chris said we can bring some cars out to test. if you want i can start to put some layouts on paper and we can all make changes this weekend.
mike

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service