Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2011/2012 Overgeared Racing Winter Season Racing. >

2011/2012 Overgeared Racing Winter Season Racing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011/2012 Overgeared Racing Winter Season Racing.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
Hey guys, Pretty sure I can make it out this Sat ,Is it Mod this week for TC or Stock?

Thanks in advance
Most come set up for stock. But if there is enough intrest (5 Cars) we can run a heat of Mod. Korgae, if you are making it can you bring the "Tire Info" with you from the Big Chill. Hopefully I can make it this weekend. On call has sucked pretty hard lately and Joy its my turn....
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Gonna set up the track tonight 9:30 and race Saturdy morning
Sounds like a few more racers coming out to try racing
Nice to see some new faces interested in the hobby
Old 12-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Im pretty sure if we want to give mod a go, this week would be it.

I'd like to try it.

It'll also be my last time running touring gt with the 2011.. not sure what I'll be doing after that...maybe dig up an old tc4?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (57%+)

will see you guys tomorrow AM

im excited for my first on road carpet race
Old 12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Dec 9/10 Club Racing

Friday nite set up was a blast. Thanks again for all the guys that had helped setup and got to practice for free. For those who just want to drop in for practice and wonder if what the cost, it'll be just a $5.00 drop in fee.

Saturday, all I can say was wow.... we had the best turn out. We had a bunch of novice guys in mini. We managed to squeezed all 3 qualifiers and the mains and first time for a long time, touring rubber mod is back.
Sorry to the last bit of guys we had to cut your mains a bit short. We ran out of time for the gym and needed to tear down.

Next club race I want to start things off a little early so we get to take lunch breaks and finish on time. Doors open at 9am sharp. I want to start first heat by 10.30 no later than 11am. Please come a bit early so we can start registration going or post here so we'll enter you in and pay for the registration once you come in. It'll make things much easier on our ends.

Thanks again for everyone that had helped out. We shall see you next Friday/Sat which is the last race for the year before we enters 2012.
Attached are the results. Happy reading.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_04_GT-VTA_A-Main.pdf (32.5 KB, 81 views)
R4_Race_06_WGT 13.5_A-Main.pdf (31.2 KB, 69 views)
Old 12-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default More results

Happy reading..
Attached Files
Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Spec Mini Rules reminder.

Guys, I noticed a few guys are not running within the spec class rules. Please ensure yourself to be within the spec rules as we all want to have close racing.

Brushless system that are spec for this class for those who is new, it has to be the Orca Spark system and it has to be in the blinky mode. This will ensure that you won't be running extra timings etc.

If you don't have the brushless system, brush esc and a Johnson silver can is good to go.

Batteries.

REEDY SPEC WOLFPACK LIPO 3000 (part#730)
REEDY SPEC 2400 LIPO (part#713)
REEDY 2400 Wolf Pack, Peak/ Orion 2400 Sport packs either Ni-cad or NIMH

Any manufacture batteries that resembles Reedy specs are good to go for club racing. So it has to be a stick pack and capacity no more than 3000 mah.

Tires.

Tamiya brand rubbers only. I know some of you have under size Solaris tires. It's deem not legal.

Bodies.

Bring on all manufactures. It's open as Tamiya bodies are not cheap...

Pretty much most of you are TCS legal except for some. Please help out the guys who are new and let them know what to use. This will ensure everyone will have fun.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up AWD mini

Here's another class which may interest a few people.
Something we can look at as there's more and more of these machines are readily available and parts interchange from the earlier models.
Check out the pic.
Attached Thumbnails 2011/2012 Overgeared Racing Winter Season Racing.-awd-mini.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Good job yesterday OVERGEARED CREW the day was well run,please keep up the good work! Mod rubber was so much fun!!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, Im a noob at racing and want to see how everything works and what cars people run and such, would that be ok? I might be able to stop by next Saturday
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nolo148
Hi, Im a noob at racing and want to see how everything works and what cars people run and such, would that be ok? I might be able to stop by next Saturday
Newbs are welcome to come and see what is up just let yourselves known to Ask any questions
Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chrisman
Guys, I noticed a few guys are not running within the spec class rules. Please ensure yourself to be within the spec rules as we all want to have close racing.

Brushless system that are spec for this class for those who is new, it has to be the Orca Spark system and it has to be in the blinky mode. This will ensure that you won't be running extra timings etc.

If you don't have the brushless system, brush esc and a Johnson silver can is good to go.

I don't get the whole "blinky" mode with a sensorless motor. Does it make a difference? I was told it doesn't. Can you confirm that running none blinky mode gives you an advantage?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ryan used to say that it made no difference because they were sensorless.

I always thought the Tekin could put timing/boost(only one, cant remember) into sensorless motors, so this would make sense...?

I've been on blinky since day 1, I dont see why its a problem seeing we all have the same speedo.

Ryans mini had a visible difference after he changed mode from blinky...or his driving got better
Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any sensorless ESC run in blinky mode should have 0 degrees of timing advance - so they will drive the motor to the same max RPM. They could have a different drive frequency and general feel though.

btw, boost can only be done with a sensored motor, however you can have some timing advance with sensorless, not that is makes a major difference, but that is why the blinky mode exists.

So really, any ESC that supports blinky mode should be fine to use with the Orca Mini Cooper motor as its sensorless.(but I don't make or have anything to do with the rules)

When Go RC was open we compared the Orca Q Spark ESC, a Castle Sidewinder V1 and a Tekin RS (in blinky mode), there was no difference in top speed or lap time between them.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheSteve
Any sensorless ESC run in blinky mode should have 0 degrees of timing advance - so they will drive the motor to the same max RPM. They could have a different drive frequency and general feel though.

btw, boost can only be done with a sensored motor, however you can have some timing advance with sensorless, not that is makes a major difference, but that is why the blinky mode exists.

So really, any ESC that supports blinky mode should be fine to use with the Orca Mini Cooper motor as its sensorless.(but I don't make or have anything to do with the rules)

When Go RC was open we compared the Orca Q Spark ESC, a Castle Sidewinder V1 and a Tekin RS (in blinky mode), there was no difference in top speed or lap time between them.
Steve knows his stuff!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.