Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested? >

RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested?

RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested?

Hi,

I'm looking at doing a proposal for some land in Abbotsford for an RC track. I was wondering if there would be interest in that as CSI Raceway has closed down in Aldergrove (about 15 minutes away). This would be an outdoor Off Road track with a potential of making it a covered area down the road.

Anybody interested in helping with the club and/or racing there?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the Fraser Valley is big enough to support a club & track for offroad. Just need a good anchor and it will fly. Penticton is a great example of this.. Anthony and Amber have created a onroad venue in the winter, and perm off track for the summer and get around 30-40 entries a week... pretty impressive if you ask me.. two years ago there was nothing there.

I know I see kids all the time in Mission/ Abby with SCT10's and MT's... they are playing with them on the street because there is no track and or there parents are two busy to get them to one of the other local tracks...

If you can pull it off it would be awesome!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korgae View Post
I think the Fraser Valley is big enough to support a club & track for offroad. Just need a good anchor and it will fly. Penticton is a great example of this.. Anthony and Amber have created a onroad venue in the winter, and perm off track for the summer and get around 30-40 entries a week... pretty impressive if you ask me.. two years ago there was nothing there.

I know I see kids all the time in Mission/ Abby with SCT10's and MT's... they are playing with them on the street because there is no track and or there parents are two busy to get them to one of the other local tracks...

If you can pull it off it would be awesome!
Thanks Korgae! Putting together a club and facility is hard work but you can pull it off! If there is a need and demand for it in the area then it will come together... My suggestion also would be to start an email directory... when you talk to people about your idea get their email addy.... helps when coordinating!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I would be more interested in a permanent asphalt onroad track, I would love to see one of those in the lower mainland
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Between Aldergrove and Chilliwack there have been a lot of tracks come and go.
Im sure with the large population in the area it would take off once again.
Dan, ask around on the rcpitstop forums. Im sure you'll get some reponse.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kamlooper View Post
Between Aldergrove and Chilliwack there have been a lot of tracks come and go.
Im sure with the large population in the area it would take off once again.
Dan, ask around on the rcpitstop forums. Im sure you'll get some reponse.
I would love to post it on the RC Pitstop website, but apparently they aren't accepting registrations for new users on their forum:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, registration is currently disabled.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrismPC View Post
Hi,

I'm looking at doing a proposal for some land in Abbotsford for an RC track. I was wondering if there would be interest in that as CSI Raceway has closed down in Aldergrove (about 15 minutes away). This would be an outdoor Off Road track with a potential of making it a covered area down the road.

Anybody interested in helping with the club and/or racing there?
Lol you guys had the best place to go at CSI and now there gone and you want to start something. Then you had 360 and there gone too...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

yes! please offroad all the way, right now i am stuck doing onroad and it sucks
Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitbull racing View Post
Lol you guys had the best place to go at CSI and now there gone and you want to start something. Then you had 360 and there gone too...
thanks for the supportive words.

edit:

would you mind moving here to show us how it's done?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

360 is not gone.. It was sold and renamed and doing very well and should do even better this winter then last based on location alone

CSI- closed because it was not paying for itself as a comercial track, i believe Dan is trying to start a club like what you have in ktown.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post

edit:

Well he's right I maybe a little bitter because I just lost allot of money having CSI, but the fact is talk is cheep when your on a keyboard you can do anything start a new track, I'll be there to race, I'll help with the new layout. The bottom line guy's there just isn't enough guy's that do this hobby.

example
Hi-Voltage Race WA Abbotsford Gone
CSI Raceway Aldergrove Gone
360 Raceway Abbotsford Gone

These are just a few but there is others. I have also heard that the turnouts at Kamikaze are very small Not sure how GORC is doing in Cloverdale but I'm sure Chris is having a ruff go as well. Prisim Dan I'm not trying to be negative to your idea but I really don't think there is enough people in our hobby to support this. I think people here in the Lower mainland would be better served supporting the tracks that are still up and running Like Kamikaze and for the onroad guy's GORC let's support these facility's and make them even better places to play with our toy's.

Just my two cents.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

edit:

Hold on here I am not trying to be negative I wish the best for anyone one out there doing the hobby...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

edit:

stop being a shit disturber!

Hold on here I am not trying to be negative I wish the best for anyone one out there doing the hobby...
dont worry about revolution, i when to indy hobbies once and this guy was sitting there thinking that he is a champion racer, blabing about how he know alot about xray touring lol diu!

Last edited by 604racer; 07-27-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Okay... guys let's not dwell... As most of us know running a club & facility is a tough job... you have to rely on everyone's support in the effort that you make, time & sweat that you pour into doing this... that can & is the frusterating part at times... you also have to keep in mind that others who maybe interested may not be into forums and it isn't always the best way to communicate with them... emails and phone calls are always the best way to get the answers you are looking for!

But if you are determined and have a group that are as determined to make it happen it can happen... PRCC started just over a year ago with about 10-12 people determined to bring RC to the South Okanagan... and today we have over 70 members! It is constant work... our directors are always meeting & discussing ideas... even with off-road not over I'm already securing our facility for the on-road season... we are always promoting to any person with an rc, working the local media, the list can go on! If there is a will there is a way to make it happen...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by amber_hobbs View Post
Okay... guys let's not dwell... As most of us know running a club & facility is a tough job... you have to rely on everyone's support in the effort that you make, time & sweat that you pour into doing this... that can & is the frusterating part at times... you also have to keep in mind that others who maybe interested may not be into forums and it isn't always the best way to communicate with them... emails and phone calls are always the best way to get the answers you are looking for!

But if you are determined and have a group that are as determined to make it happen it can happen... PRCC started just over a year ago with about 10-12 people determined to bring RC to the South Okanagan... and today we have over 70 members! It is constant work... our directors are always meeting & discussing ideas... even with off-road not over I'm already securing our facility for the on-road season... we are always promoting to any person with an rc, working the local media, the list can go on! If there is a will there is a way to make it happen...

Well said Amber

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.