Search

RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

aside from dealing with 604racer,

I truly do want to have a nice unified club in the lower mainland. The core groups just seem to want to run their own venue, and offroad / onroad is a pretty big split still.

As you can probably tell, I'm just an onroad guy...

Amber, it sounds like you guys have it going very well!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Onroad all the way. I see offroad tracks more often than onroad. Right beside the Coquitlam Flying field is the CamRC club I believe? I would appreciate a backup track capable of driving NITRO onroad.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What I'm trying to do is create a track with little to no overhead without having to drive 1-1.5 hours to CamRC. I'm not talking about competing against them for racers (in fact just the opposite, I would rather race on weekends that they AREN'T racing).

Just putting out feelers to see if it's even worthwhile - if not - then I won't persue it.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile Tracks

You have a nice town, all rc ppls can work togother. But in our area, we have a few different groups of On road and Off road. But they don't work out togother. If those group of chairman can sit down togother. I believe that we will have a better suppport in this hobby.

For a good example, on Aug 7 and 8 there is a on road race, and suddenly the off road group had a same day!! It is sad. I believe that most of the racers had onroad and offroad too. And now I just can go either one.

If those ppls can sit down and work out the race date. I believe there will have more fun.

Originally Posted by amber_hobbs
Okay... guys let's not dwell... As most of us know running a club & facility is a tough job... you have to rely on everyone's support in the effort that you make, time & sweat that you pour into doing this... that can & is the frusterating part at times... you also have to keep in mind that others who maybe interested may not be into forums and it isn't always the best way to communicate with them... emails and phone calls are always the best way to get the answers you are looking for!

But if you are determined and have a group that are as determined to make it happen it can happen... PRCC started just over a year ago with about 10-12 people determined to bring RC to the South Okanagan... and today we have over 70 members! It is constant work... our directors are always meeting & discussing ideas... even with off-road not over I'm already securing our facility for the on-road season... we are always promoting to any person with an rc, working the local media, the list can go on! If there is a will there is a way to make it happen...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by carcar188
You have a nice town, all rc ppls can work togother. But in our area, we have a few different groups of On road and Off road. But they don't work out togother. If those group of chairman can sit down togother. I believe that we will have a better suppport in this hobby.

For a good example, on Aug 7 and 8 there is a on road race, and suddenly the off road group had a same day!! It is sad. I believe that most of the racers had onroad and offroad too. And now I just can go either one.

If those ppls can sit down and work out the race date. I believe there will have more fun.
I agree - I had considered letting one of the groups know, but I figured it wasn't my place and I didn't want to stir up trouble!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

thanks for the support, if those ppls can sit down. I believe we will have more racers in both area and it will have more support and fun !!

Originally Posted by PrismPC
I agree - I had considered letting one of the groups know, but I figured it wasn't my place and I didn't want to stir up trouble!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dan,

You can count me in. Check yer pm.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Well the one place I had my eye on is a retention pond required by the city, so that one is out. Now looking for a new location.

As far as tracks in Abbotsford area coming and going, a lot of it (with exception to CSI) has to do with lack of organization and lack of commitment from people within the club (no overall leadership of the club). I've seen a fair number of offroad tracks be around for 1 summer and then never to be seen again. With a well-structured club and a group of committed individuals I believe it can work - IF there is enough racers that are interested in it (which is why I started this thread in the first place!). I know I can get commitment from a number of dedicated individuals who really want to see racing closer to home (and some of us can't race on Sunday's all the time due to personal schedules) - it's whether or not I there is enough racers!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

My first layout attempt on the property that isn't available. Like to hear some feedback as to the look of it though!

2 Things to note:
Lane size is 10' wide in all areas (great for CORCS)
Forgot about pit lane for running nitro for CORCS

Both of these don't matter at this point because like I said, that particular area isn't availble.
Attached Thumbnails RC Club in Abbotsford? Interested?-track.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know who to get a hold of the person posting the initial message on this post:
http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=20853.0

I tried to sign up for RC PitStop forum but can't get a login on there.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dan I pm'ed the guy and asked. Will let ya know what he says.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Dan I pm'ed the guy and asked. Will let ya know what he says.
Thanks Bernie
Old 07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

So I chatted with Chris (from the RC Pitstop forum) and it looks like we can get the track going on public land (in Clearbrook Park). To start it looks like it's going to be a bashing track. We can try and get racing organized but will require event insurance for the race days.

Looking to start fundraising for the track.
What we need is a chainlink fence around the area (460 linear feet including 2x truck gates and 1x man gate)
69x 6"x6"x8' wood for going under the jumps so they don't degrade as fast when the people going around the track on their bikes (which there will be a sign posted saying no bikes, but we all know that won't stop people) This wood would preferrably be Cedar.
Some 48"x48" skids to help build up the banked corners.

Who's interested in helping fundraise?

Last edited by PrismPC; 07-30-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

There's a track that has been built in Aldergrove, BC that is having it's first ever race this weekend! The info can be found on RC Pitstops website at the links following. Hope to see a good turn out!

http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=24066.0
http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=23951.0
Old 08-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

WOW: You guys put a ton of work in on that track. It looks great. It would be nice to see some vids of the cars on the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.