R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   Corcs Leg 2 Coquitlam August 5th -7th (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/526991-corcs-leg-2-coquitlam-august-5th-7th.html)

SupermaxxRich 07-13-2011 09:43 AM

Richard Infanti

1/8 Nitro buggy
1/8 Nitro Truggy

PT's on file
both classes 2.4 Spread Spektrum

BajaDale 07-13-2011 12:38 PM

Sorry guys won't make this round. :cry: Other things came up and just seem to interfere with RC stuff!!;)

jsamarin 07-14-2011 11:38 AM

Hey guys,

Looking to buy some new sc tires for rnd 2, just curious if anyone is willing to say what works best on the front and rear of most sc trucks? (specifically, and sc10)

Thanks

Dork Missile 07-14-2011 12:52 PM

Kami tires

i've been liking Proline Bowfighters and JC Concept Subcultures. :D

jsamarin 07-15-2011 06:11 PM

E-Buggy dilema

Just curious why e-buggy got gyped at leg one with the mains. Every other class either got tripple A mains, or a 30 min main. Is there a reason why this occured, and would it be possible to look at changing it from a single 10 min main to tripple A mains, it would only add like 20 mins to the sunday race day.

Justin

Flying_Ace 07-16-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 9394892)
Just curious why e-buggy got gyped at leg one with the mains. Every other class either got tripple A mains, or a 30 min main. Is there a reason why this occured, and would it be possible to look at changing it from a single 10 min main to tripple A mains, it would only add like 20 mins to the sunday race day.

Justin

I agree on the triple 10's. If electric MT's got 30 minutes, E buggy should as well

NRC Hobby Shop 07-16-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jsamarin (Post 9394892)

Justin

I think this would be a good idea too. Most of our racers that were in the buggy amain mentioned this, and we were stumped why ebuggy was the only class with a short main set.

3.3 Over 07-16-2011 06:22 PM

Corcs leg 2 , july 20, open meeting

[quote author=novicej link=topic=23446.msg171600#msg171600 date=1310841060]
CAMRC is having an OPEN meeting on July 20 at 6 30 pm,location to be determined to start the planning process for the event.
If anyone from the community has suggestions or wants to volunteer please plan on coming out. I ll post the location as soon as it is arranged.
Thanks all
Joanne Hahn
On Behalf of the CAMRC Board.
[/quote]

whomever cant make this - obviously out of towners, if you have anything to comment on then its only fair you are aware of this meeting coming up - not a clue what its about yet, but am going to meeting to check it out

Schneider 07-16-2011 11:45 PM

I certainly don't have any problem with the 1/8 E buggies having triple 10's. If CAMRC wants to do it for their leg, its okay with me. I will look at it for Kelowna as well.

novicej208 07-19-2011 02:38 PM

CORCS 2011

The meeting is to discuss decisions regarding the running of the CORCS series in Coquitlam. This includes SC Bodies, tires, main running times, etc etc to be discussed. I have asked those including the Coquitlam CORCS Contact to be in attendance as well as those who have a hard copy of the CORCS rules to bring this to the meeting. Our RD will be there as well.
We are also seeking volunteers within the club to make sure that the event runs smoothly.
When a decision is made that will affect the Coquitlam event I will post it after the meeting.
For Registration:

All in 1/10 th scale:

Damien Linley
2WD Buggy
DSM
pt# on file- to be provided at the track

Damien Linley
2wd SC
DSM

Joanne Hahn
Novice
DSM

Scott Howard
2WD Buggy
DSM

Scott Howard
2WD Truck- Stadium Truck
DSM

NRC Hobby Shop 07-20-2011 03:09 PM

Nanaimo is coming!

Matt Michaluk
1/8 Electric Buggy
4x4 SC
1/8 Electric Truggy
DSM
PT to follow

Tonia Leronowich
2wd SC
Stadium Truck
DSM
PT to follow

Nick Pridge
2wd SC
1/8 Electric Buggy
DSM
PT to follow

Jim Pridge
2wd SC
DSM
PT to follow

Dave Greenwood
2wd SC
Stadium Truck
DSM
PT to follow

Anita Greenwood
2wd SC
DSM
PT to follow

Ray Skogland
4x4 SC
1/8 Electric Buggy
DSM
PT to follow

Paul Moria
1/8 Electric Buggy
2wd SC
DSM
PT to follow

Jon Dick
4wd Mod Buggy
2wd SC
DSM
PT to follow

There are still more to come!

Can't wait for Coquitlam,

Tonia
NRC Hobby Shop

Dork Missile 07-25-2011 12:59 PM

SCT body ruling

less than 2 weeks away from race weekend...any decision on body rules? we have some interest on what's allowed and not allowed.

novicej208 07-25-2011 01:55 PM

Minutes from CORCS Coquitlam Open meeting

Here are the minutes from the OPEN meeting CAMRC had recently to discuss the rules. I waited for Rob S to post them, its his role but due to some technical difficulties it was late in coming. I apologize for the delay, here are the updates:

Minutes from July 20 2011 Open Meeting CAMRC

SC Ruling- According to a post made by Kamloops officials- Any SC Bodies are allowed. No Holes in the front of the Body. 2 twoonie sized holes allowed in the area behind the cab to assist with “sail effect”. Our group decided Buggy bodies not allowed, bodies must be truck bodies. If the body has cut lines for vents, those are allowed to be removed. Back or Body V can be removed, but not both and if it is such it will be covered over with tape.

SC Tires- Ribbed Fronts not allowed for SC

E Buggy A Main- for 2011 same as Kamloops, will be addressed next year. If racers run both Truggy and Buggy they will be expected to Marshall the equivalent of their race time. If this is not possible, racers must pick and choose a class.

Novice- In the future racer’s laps and lap times will be watched. If a novice racer’s laps and lap times are close or equivalent to those of other racers in the regular class, they will be bumped out of novice. This will be done during the qualifiers. Racers will lose any and all points acquired when they bump up. These are new rules are will be followed as of next year. In the current year Novices who fall under this category will be strongly encouraged to move themselves out of the class. Novices are only allowed to run the novice class. If they want to run novice as well as an additional class, the answer will be no.

Warm Ups- 3 Minute warm up for the Nitro Mains.

Tech- There will be an inbound table for all cars to be tech’d. Ian Menzies, a neutral volunteer who is not racing this series will be teching all cars. Cars are to be tech’d on a class by class basis after the drivers meeting and before the qualifiers start. Friday, will be an open tech day. Weight is now being considered and we will be teching for appropriate weights, which will follow the CORCS rules. These will be updated and followed before the CORCS race.

Triple A Mains- No bump ups

Marshalls- Marshalls must not bring food or beverage onto the track during marshalling duties. No cell phone usage during that time. All Marshalls must wear closed toed shoes. Marshalling is considered a serious responsibility of all racers.

Starting Policy- Qualifiers are staggered. Rolling start for Nitro qualifiers.

Late Entries- No reg is authorized after 8 am Saturday

Pitting- No pitting on the bleachers at the park, this is a spectator area.

Direction- We are running the track in the direction of Clockwise- the way it has been run all season at CAMRC.

Driver’s Stand- While driving, do not leave the race if you break. Drivers must remain on the driver’s stand until the end of the race. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will result in a disqualification from the race. Repeated infractions will result in a complete forfeiture from the CORCS event.

Volunteer Tasks:
Tech Table and Teching- Ian Menzies
Maintenance- Scott Howard/ John P
Watering- by committee Scott Howard/ John P
Sundries/ Toiletries for bathroom: Joanne H
Concession- Sam H’s family

INFERN0 07-25-2011 02:06 PM

Rules for 2011 will be posted in a new thread.

Mr Flibble 07-27-2011 03:58 PM

We Have 77 Entrees So Far

1/8th Nitro Buggy 11
1/8th Nitro Truggy 8
1/8th Electric Buggy 12
1/8th Electric Truggy 1
1/10th 2wd Buggy 3
1/10th 2wd Truck 11
1/10th 4wd Buggy 6
1/10th 2wd Short Course 15
1/10th 4wd Short Course 5
Sc 8 2