Wcorcs 2005

Old 09-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wcorcs 2005

Next Year is upon us!! Here is what is happening next year.

Race dates:

Kelowna, May 21-22
Kamloops June 18-19
Edmonton July 2-3
Medicine Hat July 30-31
Red Deer August 20-21
Quesnel(Final) Sept 3-4

Calgary and Langley will sit out for the year 2005. The final will be in Calgary in 2006.

We now have an official WCORCS rule book. It will be posted on speedybones shortly. Talk to your area rep and he will supply you with a copy.

The official classes for next year will be:

2wd Mod
4wd Mod
Truck Mod
1/10th Gas Truck
1/8th Gas Buggy
Open Monster Truck

Also next year will have trophies for the champion of each class(personal keepers) plus the 2 runners up for the overall series finishing positions. These are seperate from the trophies at the final race.

Lets have a great 2005!!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking forward to next year already .
Old 09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
JD
Tech Regular

From expierence of paticipating in the quesnel WCORCS race last year I dought i will ever be going back there again.

The track has to of been one of the porest quality track that i have been to, the lanes width in some areas are mayb suitable for micro cars but in no way for 1/8 buggys, with there beein a 3 foot wide triple with the last so called jump is more like a small pile of dirt thrown in a line.

IF we get anywhere arround the number of people going to Quesnel as we did Red Deer the track the track would be competely unsutable due to the track. Theres no way 10 cars could fit in some areas on the track.

I do have way more stuff I could say about the track to complain about but I got to go now.

In my opinion the race should be changed to somewhere else unless Quesnell redos there track to meet most track "standards.

I know I will not be returning next year unless changes are made to that track.

Jordon
Old 09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jordan:

This is Don in Quesnel. Thanks for the kind words. Our members appreciate it.

I was at our track yesterday with 4 other racers bashing around and we happened to measure the track width everywhere to see where our track stands. There were 3 small areas (about 15' worth out of 655' running on the line) that was not completely 10' or more in width.

Our bad...... they were only 9'6" or better.

We've had many compliments on our track from racers all over BC and AB and it'll be even better next year for the Final.

I'll let you in on a secret.... we have a drivers track....if you can drive you'll do good....if not....well you know, excuses.

Hope to see you at the Final next year.

Don and the Quesnel Dustkickers

Old 09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought the track was fineand not too narrow anywhere but then I did win the main . Well I do look forward to returning there again this coming season and hope others do as well.
Not all tracks suit everyones likes but all tracks are driven on by your competitors when you attend so no-one is getting any advantages. We all drive the same race.
I know some areas look like optical illusions for lanes but yes indeed they are wide enough.
I am looking at having our new facility ready for next spring with minimum 12 lanes again and maybe a 14' wide back straight. Once I have full scaled down plans I will share em with you all and keep you up to date on what we have going on throught the build process.
I just know some of you will want to move to the Best Uhh.... I mean West coast once you see what we have going on.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

It's going to be a long day at that track during the qualfiers, I mean the turn out for 2004 was small I can't imagine having more ppl and still try and water the track between heats. Unless they can speed up the process it's gonna be awhile between rounds. And the towards the end of the year when the race is being held the days are already growing short. If we had the turn out like in Kelowna 2003, ppl from 8 cities plus the watering time of Quesnel plus losing a bit of daylight... Don's gonna be busy.

Just my opinion. For those who haven't been to Quesnel the track condition is similiar to Kamloops.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:55 AM

Hay 7.5 man

Who is complaning sham sham . I love your track real dirt real good people .

Seeeyaaaaaaa

FORWARD ONLY FEARLESS BEHIND ME
Later from RPM
Old 09-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Don,

Haven't been to your track, so I'm not sure what your surface is. If you want to cut down on the maintenance use clay! It's great for traction, and it's extremely low maintenacne!!! Come race day, all you have to do is sweep it once, and you're good to go. I can't imagine how impossible it would be to water our track between heats!!! We'd be screwed without clay.

Later;
Cory.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default COMPLAINING

RPM69edmonton Hay 7.5 man

Who is complaning sham sham . I love your track real dirt real good people .

I have never been to Quesnal so I am not complaining about the track, however I will complain about RPM's spelling...

COMPLAINING SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!! hahaha sorry had to do it... I am not the best speller but damn.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey we could always have the final this year in Kelowna perfect place. 2 tracks,onsite camping, the only problem there is that there is too much room for all of us. Best track i've ever been too next to an indoor offroad track!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Well, I have to comment here, in defense of Quesnel and Kamloops. The key to offroad racing, is dirt right ? So what's wrong with racing on dirt ? When clay gets hard packed and blue-grooved, you lose all the fun of rooster tails and trying to grab the throttle in loose stuff. Now sure everyone has their own preference, but if you don't like the dirt at a particular track, don't complain about it, unless you want to be in charge of ordering dump trucks to change out the entire track.

Let's just all have fun on whatever dirt we race on, with whatever bumps and ruts may form throughout the day, that's what separates offroad from pavement racing.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

RL JUNIOR, ever raced on Grass or multi surface???

That is a whole other challenge, and still very different from on road!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:34 AM

Your right i cant spell to well hehehe but i think i can drive ok. Started with hot wheels in the sand. BUT WOW DO I LOVE REAL DIRT . Quesnel is a regular stop for me Let the rostertails fly 8th scale is going to be great next year My son will be doing 8th next year to.Planing on going to all the wcorcs in 2005

P.s Don do not change your dirt maybe make the track a little bigger.

Seeeeyaaaaa
FORWARD ONLY FEARLEES BEHIND ME
Later from RPM
Old 09-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have to say thanks to all that have supported our track in Quesnel over the years. We/ Dustkickers think it is one of the best if not the best track in the Series.

We will have some new ideas, surprises and design changes for the track for the 2005 Final. We also will have most of the track a little wider and the jumps mixed with some clay to keep them firm.

This was decided even before our WCORCS race last August.

To those that have concerns.... " Don't Worry....Be Happy".

We have everything under control and it will be a great WCORCS 2005 Final.

Old 10-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just have a suggestion for maybe a change in classes this year. I just took a glance at the WCORCS site and it said that stock truck was a class. I know it hasn't been a really big thing like stock buggy. I know for a fact there are a ton of newer younger racers that own 2wd trucks EX: XXXT's Rustler's whatever. I think if we get enough support we could reopen this class because 75% of the people racing mod truck class are either less experienced or new comers and have a hard time racing more experienced hardcore racers. I think coming out to trophy races for these people might make them feel like they have a chance in that class and would be also a great way to get even more people into the hobby and possibly keep the more experienced drivers on another level. Just my two cents like to hear some thoughts on this topic

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service