Like Tree3Likes

N.a.s.c.a.r

Old 03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Certainly not an issue for club racing. Some bigger events make it a rule, but for Friday Night Racing go right ahead, just so long as you keep an eye on frequencies if you're running separate RX's or entire radio systems. Don't want to cause any inadvertent glitch-induced calamities. Be wary of time delays as well, if you're moving gear from car to car.

Originally Posted by suzukiman650
During Friday club racing is there any rule to use the same car for the whole evening? I have a T2 and TC4 FT and was thinking of swapping between them during the heats just to compare. I race stock.

Cory B
Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
mjm
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukiman650
During Friday club racing is there any rule to use the same car for the whole evening? I have a T2 and TC4 FT and was thinking of swapping between them during the heats just to compare. I race stock.

Cory B
Its probably technically not legal but who cares come out, bring them both and have fun.

I will just turn a blind eye
Old 03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we running GT tonight? How about Pan cars?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

I would love to but I won't be there tonight nor will Johnny t-bone so 2 gt's out and none of the presidents So Ian will have to be in charge tonight.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
mjm
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by subman
So Ian will have to be in charge tonight.
What am I? Chopped liver...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
mjm
Tech Addict

Remember guys this Friday is our last weekend of competive racing. The we take good Friday off.

Our yearly Enduro will be the weekend following on April 13th
Old 04-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default House jumping...

Yea the title says it all.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...820050cec1.htm
Old 04-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey you guy's in Edmonton. just curious what the plans are for the summer. are you guy's going to be having a CAI race again. Just trying to make some plans for this summer.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

AAHHH no more geek meets
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

^^^^^^I LOVE THAT AVATAR!!^^^^^^^
Old 04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey you guy's in Edmonton. just curious what the plans are for the summer. are you guy's going to be having a CAI race again. Just trying to make some plans for this summer.

Yes any word on the CAI 2007 race. I'm definately going to show for this one.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Brushless advice

I am looking for some advice on brushless systems as I want to switch over to brushless in my 12th scale car and my 1/10 scale electric truck. There is a huge selection of brushless systems out there and various technologies behind them (e.g. sensored/sensorless) - any advice on what people have had good luck with, or systems to stay away from?

Thanks,
Mark.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default brushless

I just ordered up a Mamba Max system for my Associated T4. Decided on it due to the low cost (roughly $230 Cdn for the 6900 KV system from The Hobby Room) and adjustability. It has a USB connection which allows you to modify settings etc.. using a computer.

Although it may be too much power for a newbie to racing like me, the website contains tips on how to modify and stuff like that to get the system within the powerband you want. Granted you can only do so much before you may want to step up/down a motor.

It is a sensorless system and makes a claim that it won't thermal. And if the website is correct, you can get some wicked speed with the right combination of batteries. I am only using a 6 cell nimh pack, but with the right gearing I should be able to hit 40 mph. Not that I neccesarily want that speed, so I'll be setting it up different.

I believe it can be used with sensorless motors from other makers as well.

It is a big ESC and a bit heavier than the NOVAK systems, but I'm not going for the lightest truck. I'm more so looking for something that I can use now as a newbie and slowly unleash more potential (power) as I get better.

As well, on the website Beat Your Truck, they did a review where they claimed they got 30 minutes of runtime using a 6 cell (3800mah I believe) pack. Not sure how that would stack up to other systems.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Summer Racing In Edmonton

The Executive met last night to make some decisions as to what to do for the summer season and what follows is what is planned for this year:

1. There will be no C.A.I. this summer. Sorry guys, but the support for this race has been poor at best and the time and $$$ that the club and its' members have to put out to make it happen just is not wort it at this time.

However....if someone wanted to take the task on and use our facility for the event, I am sure we could work something out.

2. We have broken the racing into two series, electric and gas and have chosen the following guidelines for each series;
There will be trophies for the top spot in in T.C. Stock and T.C. 19 Turn as well as 1/10 Gas and 1/8 Gas. There will be no rain out dates for either series. You will be allowed one Drop in each series. The computer will only be used on the race dates associated with each series. The electric series will be comprised of 8 races and the gas series will be composed of four races. Any type of car can race in each series if there are 3 or more cars but points will only be kept for the 4 trophy classes.

3. The electric series will run on Monday nights, starting on May 7 & 28, June 11 & 25, July 9 & 23, Aug 6 & 20. The Gas series will run on Sundays, starting on May 27, June 24, July22 and Aug 19.

4. If you purchase a key for $20.00 you can use the track at any time and have access to the Seacan and its' contents.

5. Every Monday and Sunday that are not race nights are open practice times but please be advised that if you are going to the track to run on these times that you have a key or know that someone that has a key will be there. These are times that we are suggesting for folks to get together to tune and race for fun but the Executive members may or may not be out to open things up for you.

6. All of our past due taxes will be finished and filled by the end of May and we will be asking for our Non Profit status to be reinstated at that time. Tax forms have been found for 2003,04,05 and will be sent in "as is" and Ian de la Salle will be completing the 2006 form as well as our fiscal year end taxes when they are due. We passed a resolution that the 2006 - 2007 executive is not responsible for any errors that might be on the taxes completed by the other Executives for 2003,2004,2005 nor for the taxes filed for the last Executive for 2006, that were completed by Ian de la Salle. We are responsible for the taxes filled during our time as Executive.

7. April rent is outstanding for the Hangar and Ian de la Salle will make good on it.

8. Insurance is coming due and Ian de la Salle will make good on it and renew it for the next year. We believe it should cost around $1000.00 and will inform with exact price when known.

9. Price for a new section of drives stand and stairs would cost approx. $1500.00. Tyler Riel will look into other sources.

10.Matt Martel is Edmonton's new W.C.I.C.S. rep.

11. Next seasons indoor dates have already been secured as well as a date for our WCICS race with NO DAM DOGS INVOLVED!!! (thanks Ian)

12. The date for the AGM is Aug 20, 2007, at Boston pizza in Mayfield Common.

13. Ian de la Salle is purchasing a rubbermaid container for all financials.

14. John Hughes will look into some type of a combined series with our friends in Calgary, using our existing race dates and perhaps some of theres as well to make a mini series. More on this as it manifests itself.

15. There are no pro-rated memberships for the summer (sorry Todd W!! )

16. Ian de la Salle doesn't feel comfortable talking about girls kitty cats.

These are the minutes from Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Last edited by jjmudd; 05-30-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Dang!! That Ian guy's got some deep pockets.

Good to hear you guys are pulling it together. Too bad about the CAI but, you gotta do whats' right for the club.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service