Like Tree6Likes

N.a.s.c.a.r

Old 09-20-2003, 09:50 AM

how much did you get your 414mII for??

does the ssg help?
Old 09-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I picked the M2 up in the states used, but looks like been treated very well, can't remember the price but I think $140 US.
I had some extra in my PayPal, and as the chassis had a couple of scrathes I went to our favourite HK e-bayers and got the SSG and the lightweight blue stuff and new shocks and other little goodies.
We start back indoors in 2 weeks, so I'll tell you then !!
I have run my 04 PRO before so I know what to expect.
And still to test the KAI setup on the EVO3, but it looks awesome !

pics up soon at my Tamiyaclub showroom : http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=2
Old 09-20-2003, 09:58 AM

arent you from calgary though????

how you gonnna show me?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

so I'll tell you then !!
I never did say I would show you, but you are welcome to come down to cow town for a look !!!

Or, I'll be up for the tri cities leg in your fine town.

Or like I say, pics at Tamiyaclub soon !

I will say this though, the quality of the cars is awesome !!
Old 09-20-2003, 10:13 AM

sweet

by the way i ment to say surikarn thinks the 414mII is a bit better then the evo 3

i think there both awesome cars!

got any good setups for carpet?

the new bulkheads look sweeet! but i dont think im ready for them yet. same with the ssg!

does it make the handeling/speed any better?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Slides are nice but they have NEVER placed in any worlds... normally there are only a couple of them there. They are works of art... they only make 75 of them a year! There is only one Slide at the worlds this year... they don't have a big team like Mugen, Serpent etc. Right now Kyosho Fantom has the top-4 spots at the worlds! The rest are mostly Serpent 950.

Corwin - thats the itea - drive through your opponents LOL!

I think Way should run the HPI...
I also think that HPI will have a lot of mechanicals
I also think Wayne will beat my ass - but he won't be lapping me in 5 mins thats for sure... 6 maybe LOL, 5 never.

Way?wayne - I need the $$ for those tires ... plus I have your in-line RB9886 pipe for you.

Who's going out tomorrow? I'm working my ass off at home today so I can go to the track...
Old 09-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Corwin - that F1 looks... not good to me. Very hard to work on for sure... cool idea, bad execution Just my 2c... plus those 4-strokes don't work as well as they are hyped... they do sound wicked though. Get a 950 or something... that would be wicked.

SkaterX - you better hope you stay fast or John and I will take turns working you like that bunny in your avitar LOL!!! Lord knows I'm tired of feeling like it
Old 09-20-2003, 11:58 AM

im going to the track tomorrow

i still need to pick up my stuff. i just left my r/c stuff in the shack
Old 09-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Agree that F1 looks cool and thats why I posted link, would not buy it for sure myself if it comes out to fragile and not a huge F1 fan myself. Think it is a huge interest to F1 fans though.

If can't find a good deal on a Chrome Slide or a HPI will buy the new 950R coming out this fall. Would rather run a car others have so can share parts back and forth if needed. Sounds like from you the Slide is a brick unless you drive into a wall full speed also which is good. How are the Slides for getting spare parts for if needed.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3277

http://www.mytsn.com/news/publ.asp?pid=8910
Old 09-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

If it's nice I'll be there tomorrow!!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Stu, laddie,
do you run the a front one-way in your evo 111 or diff.
Limey.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Limey

So, I ran the one way on Calgarys' wee little outdoor track and so long as you never touch the brakes at all the car is perfect!

I actually think our carpet will have a bit more grip than the outdoor track, although it might not be quite as flowing, so I am going to start 1 way and see how it goes...

Also, with the amount of braking a stock motor has, in the neutral position ( due to the timing) you kind of have to roll through corners a bit more than you would like too, but this actually helps carry more speed on to the straights !! I was impressed !
Old 09-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks for the info Stu,
I did not realize you were such a tamiya fan
I was just looking at your collection, the holiday buggy
was the first rc vehicle I ever drove, I swaped a bow and arrow
set with my mate for it. Looking at yours brought the memories flooding back

Very nice collection.

Limey
Old 09-20-2003, 08:28 PM

didnt you drive a tamiya before limey????

hey stu i cant find the 414mII pics on the tamiyaclub showroom
Old 09-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Slide parts are expensive... they come from Ashford, Ace Hardware or 3Racing... your best bet is to get an older parts car and then get only what you really need retail... or know someone like me who has about 5 parts cars LOL... all 1/8 on road parts cost far more in propotion to what a kit costs... like I always say if you can afford 2 kits its the cheapest way in the long run ... especially with Serpent since the kits are relatively cheap.

BE VERY CAREFUL on eBay ... The SMP cars I have got off of there have been good deals BUT you have to be prepared to sort through all the stuff you get ... and at least 50% will be trashed/broken. NEVER NEVER NEVRE use a battery of eBay ... always rebuild it yourself or get a new one. In the end if you take take the time to inspect and clean everything you'll end up with a lot of as-new parts for little money... only buy cars on eBay that come with a lot of spares otherwise 90% of the time you get something thats just thrashed.

But - on the plus side the car is very bulletproof. You need uprights and a couple of the clutch parts (thrust bearing assembly, pinions, gears)... the rest lasts a very long time.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.