Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

N.a.s.c.a.r

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Old 07-09-2003, 07:51 PM

are there any types of tire compound that work really well on our track?

how bout rubber softener or printers?
Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Slide was hooked up great today... Way let me know if you want to try and fit a clutch on your Hippy... I'll be out there again tomorrow night

Chris.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

what are peoples oppionions between the ntc3 or the serpent impulse. Im have trouble deciding between the 2.

Also has there been any news on a big race? There are a few guys looking to go up in september, I am defenitly gonig to make the trip up as I here your track I one of the best around.

Calgary will be hosting a big race near the end of august, are any of you guys planning to make the trip?

Thanks
Brian.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by B patterson
what are peoples oppionions between the ntc3 or the serpent impulse. Im have trouble deciding between the 2.

Also has there been any news on a big race? There are a few guys looking to go up in september, I am defenitly gonig to make the trip up as I here your track I one of the best around.

Calgary will be hosting a big race near the end of august, are any of you guys planning to make the trip?

Thanks
Brian.
I am still in the process of running the "big race" idea past the Exec. I'm 95% positive we'll run a race on the second weekend of Sept. I'll let you guys know next week, one way or the other. I think a few of the guys are going to make the trip down south for your race and as for cars....the car of choice up here is the NTC3, mainly for parts availability but I'm prety sure Steve T and a couple of other Calgary guys run the Serpent and they are extreamly quick with them. I guess it's 6 of one and 1/2 dozzen of the other. Which car has the best support by your LHS and what are the fast guys at your track running? I've always found it best to use a car that a lot of guys have and then you're not fighting set-up as much. I'm sure Peter T would help you with the NTC3.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have both the new Serpent 705 and also a just got a Nitro TC3, previously have had a Yok GT4 and also had a NTC3 when it first came out but then sold it when I got out of the Hobby for a bit.

Here is my thoughts

Think for durabillity over the long run the Serpent 705 is a 4 stars where the NTC3 is 3 Stars. As the NTC3 is based on an electric 10th scale car and the Serpent is based on the beefy 1/8 On-Road. We have some more advanced drivers running the NTC3 up in Edmonton so have not see very much broken parts with them at all. Know talking to Don at Model Land he just loves the NTC3 as he sells tonnes of parts for them. Think in Edmonton I have heard HobbyWhole Sale sells drive shafts once in while to people who smack into thing on the street playing around.

For a beginer setting up and running the NTC is 4 stars and the Serpent is 3 stars. Feel the my Serpent is a little lacking in the steering department right now, but just have to work on setup more to get it hooked up.

For Local Hobby support in Alberta Calgary or Edmonton the NTC3 is 5 stars and the Serpent 705 is 3 stars. No one stocks parts for newer Serpent though alot of the parts will work from the older Impluse though.

Think if you are just looking for a fun ride the NTC3 would be the the way go. Considering you are in Calgary also as John says Peter is great to get tips for setup of the car.

Plan to run my Serpent 705 as much as possible and the NTC3 is my backup car.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by chammond
The Slide was hooked up great today... Way let me know if you want to try and fit a clutch on your Hippy... I'll be out there again tomorrow night

Chris.
Thanks for the offer Chris, but according to Hobby Wholesale those parts should be here any day. If I get chance tonight I'll come out to watch.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Da4head
those parts should be here any day.
Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Way - if you're planning to come out... I won't be out for that long. Probably from 5/5:30 until 6:30 the latest... I am going out of town and have bunch of house stuff to take care of tonight...

I plan to be out on Monday next week too ... I need the practice LOL
Old 07-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jjmudd
Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!!

Ok, I'll re-phrase that..... the parts will be here within the next century.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the offer Chris, but according to Hobby Wholesale those parts should be here any day. If I get chance tonight I'll come out to watch.
And you believed them
Old 07-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Hooked
And you believed them

Look who laughing now.... I just got a call from Hobby Wholesale and the message had said " The parts are in!"

Mark this comment into the history pages

Hmmm, I wonder which parts are in?
Old 07-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Who is on MSN messenger, I just loaded on my machines and it's awesome. My email for that is [email protected], whats yours?

Hooked, looks like your probation is up, your free! Are you going to break the offroad track record on Saturday?
Old 07-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Practice

Hello All,

Myself and Dale are going out to practice tomorrow
night if anyone else wants join us
Old 07-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Look who laughing now.... I just got a call from Hobby Wholesale and the message had said " The parts are in!"

I went to see them today about a part I had ordered about two months ago. It has gone from "Its not in yet", to "Its been backordered", to "Its stuck at customs", to "There is no such part available"
Old 07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hooked, looks like your probation is up, your free! Are you going to break the offroad track record on Saturday?
I'm leavin' my K2 at home and racing a steamroller

Look out ... comin' through ... I think I'll race it in 1/10 scale on Saturday

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 3.83 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.