Alberta Off-Road Series!!

Old 05-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Alberta Off-Road Series!!

Hey,

Lets use this as our place for discussing a possible series between the 4 clubs in alberta. There is Medicine Hat, Calgary, Red Deer, and Edmonton. I'll send out emails to the guys and we can start planning it out here. TTYL.

Gary
Old 05-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds good Gary, Richard and I spoke breifly about kicking the season off in Red Deer first part of June. Nothin written in stone obviously but I have yet to talk to Medicine Hat.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:07 AM
Company Representative

Ok lets get this ball rolling. Here are the classes that I propose we have at the races.

2wd Mod, 2wd Stock, 4wd Mod, Truck stock, Truck Mod, T/E-Maxx, Gas Truck and 1/8th buggy.

Make it a minimum of 5 vehicles per class to count and be run. IE if there is only 2 4wd cars, the class isn't run.

Make each race a 2 day event, Sat and Sun. That lets us get in some great racing, but only need a hotel for one night.

Make it a best 3 out of 4 races to count towards the final tally. That will give ppl the chance to either miss one event, or have their worst result tossed.

Lets try and avoid long weekends so that others can travel for major trophy races. I know, Calgary has a trophy race on the July long, but we would use that as our leg of the races and adjust the points accordingly. We can change that for next year.

Points: first place at a race, 0 points, second 2 points, add a point for every additional place. After all the races have been run, the one with the lowest points wins.

Trophies: Lets chat about that at the first race in person. It will be easier than typing like crazy.

So Calgary would like to combine its leg of the race with the Western Canadian Champs this year. We had the race planned about 4 months ago and its a little late for us to change it now. I would say Start with the Calgary Race, then goto Med Hat, then Edmonton, then Red Deer Last. Red Deer is the most central for everyone and would make a great place to wind up the series. We tally up the points on the Sunday and present the awards there.

Well enough of my rambling, what do you guys think and what would you like to see. TTYL.

Gary
Old 05-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like a plan to me. also each club will be holding local races through out the season and welcome ppl from each city to join when they feel like it. I got a feelin that this is going to be bigger than we think.
Question on the T/E maxx class. Do you think it's a good idea to have a .15 and lower and a .21 and over class? I think there will be plenty of stock maxxes and more than enough big block trucks to have them split. Last year some of us Red Deer boys took a trip to Edmonton and there was tons of big block trucks including MPs. It would just make the races a little more fair. Unless you already counted for this with the 4wd Mod class.
Other than that I think its a great time to start making some dates. Seeing as Red Deer will go last I will wait until the rest get thier dates set and see where we end up in the season. Of course next year will be way more organized I'm sure we can throw together a great little series.
Gary if your race isn't until July long (I just thought of this) maybe we could do a season opener and host the last race as well. It would be our pleasure and would also sneek in another race seeing as we've had such a crappy spring. Just a thought, what do you all think?
Old 05-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Tech Initiate

this stuff sounds awesome. I am really looking forward to off-road this year. but the problem is this cold stuff that is falling out of the sky that makes everyone mad. oh well.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

got that right man, this snow is b.s. got like 3 ft today :'( looks like we arent racin' for a-while
Old 05-07-2002, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Unless you come to Red Deer. No snow here.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Alberta Off-Road Series

Hi from Medicine Hat,

This Alberta Series sounds like an awesome idea. I am pretty sure that you can count us in, we have a meeting on Monday, I will confirm with the members and let you all know.

We held our first race ever and the first ract of our season this past Sunday. It was very cold, but we had eighteen diehards racing, braving the wind and cold. I can say without a doubt that eighteen of those entrants are hooked on racing, and are excited about the next race. Which by the way is going to be held on Sunday May 26. Hopefully it is warmer then!

Gord
Old 05-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello from Edmonton

Sounds like we will all have a fun year of racing! Report from Edmonton, had our first meeting the other day, great turn out! everyone excited. Looking at a first race date of May 25th, weather permitting! at least we don't need the snowblowers Gary LOL ! This Saturday we hope to have most of the track laid out and soil selivered etc etc. Track is about 180 ft x 180 ft in a triangle (kind of) will defin. be allot of fun.

Gary thanks for taking on the Tri-Cities with Richard over here. It's very nice to see there is still very decent interest in getting dirty on the weekend!!!

Anyway, thats it for now, i look forward to showing you all my rear bumper this summer! have a good one :-)
Old 05-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Company Representative

Ok how bout this for dates. Yay or Nay for the respective clubs.

First date, Calgary, June 29&30
2nd date, Med Hat, July 27&28
3rd date, edmonton, Aug. 24&25
Last date, Red Deer, Oct. 5&6

If these are ok with the respective clubs, post on here and I'll toss together a quick flyer for all the clubs with a quick explanation of how its run. TTYL.

Gary
Old 05-11-2002, 11:08 AM
Company Representative

PS, MJB the only way I'll be seeing your bumper is when I pass you again and again, LOL. J/K.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

No Sept?
Old 05-12-2002, 04:39 AM
Company Representative

I just threw those dates out to see if that was ok. We were trying to avoid any long weekends. The edmonton race would be the weekend before the sept long, and the Red Deer race would be the weekend before thanks giving. We can fine tune whatever dates you guys want, just toss them out and I'll get em typed up for everyone. TTYL. Track building day!!

Gary
Old 05-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gary,

Aug 24-25 conflicts with a NASCAR on-road club race but no big races so I think it works for us.

Looking forward to this series!

Chris Hammond.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Yep we can do a race in Oct if there aint 8 feet of snow on the ground by then. lol.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.