Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +??? >

I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +???

I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +???

Old 08-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +???

I think that we need to start talking about the Tri-cities Series as soon as possible so that we can confirms on rules so that we do not end up like last year at the last event. That was a mess. Also, I think it would be great to discuss when each location will be holding the event, so that we can try and space them out a month apart. Again it was really hard last year having a couple event 2-3 weeks apart.

So, that is my 2 cents, now it is up to everyone else.

I am inching to get back on the carpet.....
Old 08-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great idea.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yea also would be nice to know soon if brushless will be legal or not. i know alot of people want to run brushless. me i ithink i will stick to regular motors anyway ,but alot of people like brushless
Old 08-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We were talking about this at Edmonton...
Great to see early interest.
It seems to me that most outdoor race meets have been struggling a bit with the weather this year, so let's see if we can get as many racers out to as many rounds of the best indoor racing in this part of the world !!

I would like to know as early as possible what the dates would be and what the classes would be.
Rob, I still don't yet see the point on a 'stand alone' brushless class. There just are not enough people running it. imho.
For touring 19 turn is getting really popular.. but should a whole other class be added? or do we remove either stock or mod?? what do others think??
Is 12th scale still popular enough to have 2 classes??

can't wait to get back indoors again.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I wasnt thinking of a brushless class just if brushless is alowed to run in the mod class. Me i have no plans to run Brushless anytime soon. I just think it would be good to have it stated as early as we can so people know. (my personal vote is no brushless but i dont care either way)

19turn would be cool i think 3 touring class's could make it , i like the way the guys in BC have been doing it 19t and mod foam ,stock with rubber tires. they also do it this way in ottawa.

1/12th could be dropped down to 1 Mod class from what i have seen and heard from people but this will limit the posible growth of 1/12th as I think a new person to run 12th would find it rather hard to start out with mod.

I also think the marshel rules like at the pavement race in Edmonton should be used then everyone has to do it plain and simple or take the penalty
Old 08-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default locations

Also, I wondered if we will be running at the same towns again this year?
Shouldn't at least 1 BC club have a round?
I know there are a number of BC guys who come out to race, so wouldn't it get more of them into it if we included 1 of their tracks??

Don't know who has the power or say so in this series, but it should be at least worth considering??
Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

calgary is going to hold ours in march again, it works out better with the timing of our facility. i hope this helps. as for tires what is edmonton doing this year, are they running foams for 19t and mod. and rubber for stock?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

B.C. Clubs. We are holding a big carpet race oct 15,16,17. It's part of a big hobby show. Easy access lots of pit space. lots of spectators. I can talk to the club but I'm pretty sure we would like to hold one of the series events. A few of us down here made the travel to some of the series events last year. If we hold an event here I'm sure alot more guys would be interested in a little travel too.

Dave
Old 08-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tri-Cities Squared?(6)

Exactly what Stu is thinking Dave. Perfect. Looks like the carpet season is going to be a good one!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Stu, about 3 years ago Kamloops held what was promoted as a Tri event. Only myself and a chap from Edmonton attended from Alberta. At the final race when the results were given, the Kamloops race was excluded for some reason. I still don't know why. But they put on a great race.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

if everyone likes the idea(all existing clubs) then maybe we will have the western canada indoor championships "WCIC" more exposure the better. i'm sure carcar members will agree but we can bring this up at our meeting on sept 22,04. someone should get in contact with edmonton, lethbridge, regina, and the hat.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I talked to Tom last night from Lethbridge and he sent out an email this weekend to the last contacts he had from each club (Peter-Calgary, Mike-Edmonton, Larry-Regina, and Gord-Medicine Hat). Tom is trying to get things rolling so that the racers are not as close together like it was last year and that the rules are clearly stated.

It would be cool to have races all through western canada and have a final somewhere in the middle, but I do not think it will happen right away because it is hard to get many people to travel, unless it was manadory to goto atleast one out of province race in the series.

This is my 2 cents...
Old 08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

the way I saw it was: 1 round in each month starting in BC in October, going on through to the finale in Calgary in March ( that's 6 months for those playing along at home)
I also think if we did go to that format then 4 out of 6 rounds to count.
I have no idea who is in charge of this series, but time is marching on... I would love to help out if I can.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Stix!!

Stix.....oh I meant Stu....lol
I think that everyone on this thread is in the right direction. Kerry's point of making it a true western Canadian series is great. I like Stu's ideas about the 4 out of 6 races and one a month.
Keep the ideas flowing and we should be able to have a good plan for the AGM in a couple weeks.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

6 races is way too many, and with lower turnouts. Just my opinion I don't want to hurt this series. I've been in this "tri-cities" for several years now and i don't believe in a final for this event otherwise everyone will be bitching who get the finals first or second. Or the club that has to wait up to the 6th year and suffer with a low turnouts to thier races for 5?. Cause everyone knows the club with the final will have the biggest turnout.

In full size car racing there is no "final race" It's series, a points race you attend the race you get points. I don't want it like the WCORCS where it's mandatory to attend the final race.

Isn't anyone sick of mediocre/so-so turnouts? I'm would be really disappointed to travel 6+ hours to any race just to another club race at a differnet city. Or worse travelling to only find out there is only 6 1/12, 5 touring stock and 3 mod TC for the entire weekend. Not to mention the additional cost to run the race i.e. trophies/door prizes/raffles/food service.

I rather see a draw for the available clubs capable of hosting the event on set dates every year. I.E. 9 clubs are able to host and there's 4 races. First club drawn will pick thier date, then the next club and so on. Ofcourse the next few year have to be worked out on who's next and what happens if a new club wants in the series but we can work that out as it comes.

I like travelling but if I go anywhere I want to have a good well run race with a great turnout. I get pissed and it pretty much ruins my weekend figuring how much gas and money for motel rooms I spent.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service