Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +??? >

I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Know its Early, but lets start a thread on theTricities +???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Rules

ROAR rules would be the best choice in my opinion. The "Big Race"
in Edmonton should be a good example of how to implement rules. It seemed to work fine, and since the ROAR rules are widely accepted throughout North America everyone should be able to comply. (Even if your body is too low! )
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

well at least people are talking about this already thats a good sign i think .

I think the 3 class's of touring is a good idea as well. if its going to be leaving stock as kind of a beginer class and that is a good idea, then rubber is a good way to go they are cheaper in the long run for the beginer and if they can save money they will stay racing, thats a good thing for everyone in the hobby. but stick with foam for 19turn and mod.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If the stock class is for beginers only, (someone in the hobby for 2 years or less) leave it open...run what you brung, so to speak. The only limit in the class should be the motors---stock/locked endbell only.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, BULL, years ago I thought I was bowling for R/C trophies!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi guys, this is Jesse from Over Geared Racing. We are running the Big carpet race in October (AKA "The Big Chill"). I've been watching this tread for a while and all points brought to the table have been good. The classes we are running at this event is 1/12 scale 19T, touring mod, 19t, and stock. Also Formula 1 19t spec.

We at Over Geared Racing would certainly like to be a part of this racing series, but time is winding down. we are currently building our entry form for that race in October now. I don't want to add any preasure to the pot but , who ever is the governing body for this event needs to contact me if you are really interested in allowing us to be a part of this series.

you can email me at [email protected] or call me 778-861-7223

Regards,
Jesse Galang
Old 09-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What I would like to know is:

What rules are we using for 19 turn?

I need to know what 19 turns to carry this winter?

Under ROAR certain motors are not legal. IE the reedy Quad motor.

Locally we have been allowing open 19 turns. meaning anything as long as it is 19 turn ofcourse.

this is kinda good because guys can build up their own.

So what do we want to do?

Also just to confirm. the Series does have a 10 turn limit this year in TC Mod?
Old 09-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I recomend that 19 turn be only locked endbell cans, No quad mag hand wounds, This will keep the cost of the motors down for the racers.....my.02cents

Jesse
Old 09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Over Geared Racing also runs touring 19t and stock on rubber tires only. Foam tires for modified with a no wind limit on the motors.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Here is my proposal for the WCICS:

T.C. Classes- Novice/Stock; any body, any tire combo, any
weight, 2 yrs or less in the hobby, stock motor only
19 turn (locked 19) and Mod (10 turn limit);
2 or 4 door T.C. bodies, wing below roof, foam tires,
ROAR weight. 3300 bat.s Max.
1/12 Classes-19 turn (locked 19 turn) and Mod (open limit) ROAR
bodies and weight, foam tires. 3300 Bat.s Max.

Gearbox-if desired at by host club.

6 race series. must attend 4 races to qualify for over all win. Points the same as last year...100 for win, 99 for second etc...1 point for TQ.

Club points bonus system; Racers series points totaled for all classes, 5 points given to a racer who attends 1 race, 10 for 2, 15 for 3, 20 for 4, 50 for 5 and 100 for all 6. (this is for club win not individual)
Old 09-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The 19 turn on rubber tires ( for carpet) Where did that come from?

Last year we ran foam for 19 and mod, reason being that the general idea is to make 19 a stepping stone into Mod. Not a step backwards.

I agree to keep the cost down by doing a "lock timing motor" it limmits the availble ones but I agree we need to control this cost.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with all this other then the open tires for the stock class. only becuase they will feel they need to buy foams to have a chance. i know alot of you didnt start out with foam tires like some of us did, 15 of us started at the beging of the same season in regina i am the only one left due to foam tires chunking and wearing stuff like that. the next season everyone that came was told to start on rubber and it saved alot of money over the season these people still race.

Another reason with rubber HP isnt as big a factor in stock I think. this making it more driving and learing set up. with foams you can have a bad setup and the tires will cover it up for you ( i know i bank on this every run)

But these are just my points and have been taken from what i have seen . so dont read anything else into them . I am only about trying this to help keep MORE people into the hobby. I am sure all clubs have seen new guys that come for a week or two and they quit either to hard or to much money lets give them a place to race to keep them in the hobby. 90+% of us are going to be in in the foam class's anyway. this is just for new people to save money and have a good place to learn with others with the same skill level.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default JJ

JJ has got it right. If this was to go to a vote that is what I would vote for. Nice and simple and to the point.
What rules did we go by last year? ROAR??
Old 09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Korgae
The 19 turn on rubber tires ( for carpet) Where did that come from?

Last year we ran foam for 19 and mod, reason being that the general idea is to make 19 a stepping stone into Mod. Not a step backwards.

I agree to keep the cost down by doing a "lock timing motor" it limmits the availble ones but I agree we need to control this cost.

I was thinking only stock on rubber , 19 and mod on foam . this makes 19 basicly the stock class for "veteran" type drivers.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation 1/10 PAN

JJ.........Don't you want to do 1/10 pan this year....I'D like to see 1/10 pan from the start this season I'm dropping 1/12 spec (for obvious reasons) LETS bash some LEXAN...... besides my L2 is on the way... 19 turn open 1/10 or Mod!!!!!!!! The name of the game is have FUN...

STILL the WET bull,,,,,damn is this rain ever going to QUIT...
Old 09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

The only reason I said open tires for the stock class was because people could run what ever they had...thus keeping costs down too.

The reason I didn't include 1/10 pan was because the turn out for the class was so poor last year but I did keep the 2, 1/12 classes because so many guys run only 1/12.

I think all the clubs in this series, including the B.C. boys, need to have one representitive vote on these issues this weekend so we can get on with things and stop the chatter.

As NASCAR's acting President I propose my previous outline for the series and myself as the WCICS rep for Edmonton. If all other clubs could have a WCICS rep. vote for, or offer ammendments to these plans, lets see if we can't get it done by this Sunday.

If each club rep could name themselves and the the club they represent then we can make this thing work...otherwise we wishy - washy it all winter again...which is ok too...I have thoroughly enjoyed every race I have attended.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.