Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Why did you feel the need to edit your post FUNKY99??? if you didn't think your post was right you should not have posted it in the first place.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Funky 99,

Just what are you trying say by posting Delmo pic in that manner.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by safaridog
LOl, here we go again.

I dont think Gear guy was stirring up anything.

I had a comment that I was going to post, but some guys on here might think im fishing for a argument
I know he wasn't...

It helped me make my point though. If a simple question causes that much anxiety and upset, do we need it at a meeting where there's already a lot of questions in the air? No. The members have a right to have club issues dealt with and not have a lot of "other" things going on.

I am sorry, but I would NEVER expect to get into every <insert other club's name here> member meeting. I would ask if I could come, if told "sorry, members only", I would either enquire as to when the next meeting I _could_ go to is, or just show up to the track and talk to people and perhaps join. I would never assume I had the right to go and I would also never assume that I had any say what-so-ever in how a club runs it's dealing up until I was an actual member.

Difference of opinion, lets call it done ok...?

Gearguy... sorry if I put some grit your way... didn't really mean to but your comments caught me at a bad moment... peace?

btw: I have not been editing my posts... something is up with the Vbulletin code... all my posts (even months back) are showing as edited... dunno why...

Last edited by Funky99; 06-16-2003 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Da4Head....

Not saying nuttin... I have the utmost respect for Delmo, even though he speeds in pit lane, and I'm the one that voted for an honourary membership for him in the RCRE. Good luck Del with the appeal for your track.

Just a great pic of delmo... it's the one on his membership card. Looks like a 50's used car salesman though...

Last edited by Funky99; 06-16-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I am gonna back Funky99 on this one. I think MEMBERS need the chance to speak up, bring some ideas to the table in an enviroment that affects all their. Nothing worse then hearing the bickering of a NON-MEMBER when the topic really does not effect them.

Next time Jean Cretien calls a caucus meeting, ask if you can join in, $10 says he will laugh histarically at you.

The point is that as a member, you should be able to voice your opinion in a membership enviroment. Come out to a club race, voice your NON-MEMBER opinion there, if you don't want the funky off camber jump, by all means let us know, however when it comes to talking about creating a formal "grounds" team, or how we want to order the heats, and when the club BBQ is, NON-MEMBERS should have NO SAY and really, since they can't say anything, why show up....?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

you guys are missing the point!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by gearguy
you guys are missing the point!!!
Like the one on your head ???

Old 06-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

CSW:

Its good to see a CA attitude. The West Coast DOES have better racers. I hope to see you at the Quesnel Race. We're actually pretty fast up here for our tracks! Just look for the YOUNG MAN dressed in grey.

Old 06-16-2003, 10:19 PM
pne
Tech Adept

gearguy, im not a member but even if i was you'd have to really bug me to get me to go. its most likely official mumbo jumbo that you wouldnt understand/care in the first place. jeez even a racers meeting before the heats start is pretty boring (no offense guys ) there was a general meeting awhile back at the inn. im sure there will be another sooner or later. in other words, you're not missing a kegger here...relax and leave the complicated stuff up to the boring g...err i mean...the exec members!

daryl-ouch thats not so good i dont think i even made it once around the track in the quals. dns/dnf heheh servo problems all day
Old 06-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

LOL... you guys need something better to do other than squak at each other....

BTW... if i was rich i'd buy 60 memberships and vote out most of the executive (especially after what i saw today!!!)...

CambridgeSW - Huh??? have you ever met gearguy???... what's your major malfunction?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whoa, easy there guys.

The point I think gearguy is trying to get across is all people (members and non-members) should aleast be able to know how the future looks and see how the club is run.

This is not a private club, All are welcome. No one should be excluded just for the fact they have not gotten or will not get a membership. Everyone pays to use the track in one form or another. my 2 cents
Old 06-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mikel, let me know if you need a hand.

Shayne, those tents priced pretty cheap. Wallmart and Zellers have a good selection of canvas type top, not the el cheepo plastic stuff. If you have the cash the way to go is the 10'x10' ez pop ups from costco, they go for around $350.

If you need a tent untill you decide on what to get I have a spare one I can lend you. its 10'x12' really good shape, just a bit of a pain to set up the first time. LMK
Old 06-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SkaterX
LOL... you guys need something better to do other than squak at each other....

BTW... if i was rich i'd buy 60 memberships and vote out most of the executive (especially after what i saw today!!!)...
I concur ... It's unfortunate that some bad apples in the exec are creating an atmosphere ripe for failure despite the forsight, dedication and hardwork of people like Daryl B (and others) ...

I am unsure whether or not I am going to regret signing a $125.00 cheque ... time will tell, but I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time at a "members only" meeting until I see a marked improvement in the operations of RCRE ...

I may be backwards in my thinking ... maybe by showing up to these meetings can I help bring about change, but my time is far too valuable to waste ...

Dean
Old 06-17-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

All clubs have members meetings that are not open to the public. The fact that a few are offended at that is just life.

The only reason this is even an issue is due to the few who constantly feel they have to tell everyone how to do things that they, by thier own admission, don't want to "waste time on"

You guys think that you can do such a great job running things. Well then, get to the meetings and do so... you are more than welcome to take over the administration side of things at any time, given a proper vote from the members that is... I would love to see what you would do to the club...

At least we are trying to make this a club where the members are allowed to voice thier opinions in the proper forum (a meeting) without having to listen to the fluff from know-it-alls who won't take the step to be members, or people that won't "waste the time..."

Come to the meetings, help with the running of the club and you will see changes. Sit behind your keyboard and snipe at the people who are _trying_ to get things changed for the better and you can keep your opinion to your self as all you are doing is causing strife... "Don't want to waste the time" hmmm... then sit back and let the people who want to take care of things.

This isn't a playground but some people are turning it into one... looky here... same ones that are telling us how to run things but won't come to meetings. suprise suprise.

If you feel that you can do sooooo much better of a job, come to a meeting and call for a vote to get execs voted out. Oh by the way, you also have to vote someone new to replace them. Good luck as I don't see a line-up of people volunteering anything but opinions let alone the time and effort to work on the administration side of the club.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Hooked
I... but I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time at a "members only" meeting until I see a marked improvement in the operations of RCRE ...

Dean
Dean, are you willing to qualify that statement or is this based on Dennis and Shaun L's PERSONAL dis-like for each other and your friendship with Dennis? If so, then perhaps this entire thread needs to quashed and you guys need to deal with it among your selves and not use the club as your beating stick.

I welcome your view (as a member) but if this was a snipe, then we should just let it drop.

If you do have a legitimate issue, let us know. You can email any of the exec, or call any of us. Just ask, I will provide all the #'s you ask for. Or better yet, if you feel the general membership should know about your issues, then show up at the meeting.

If your beef is with me, well, remember that quite often people take printed words on a screen the wrong way and the best way to deal with things is actually in person or on the phone. You are welcome to come talk to me at any time or give me a call and "rip me a new one" if you have a legit issue. Email me if you wish and I will send you a list of all the execs #'s / emails.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.