Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing >

Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing

Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing

Old 05-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You guys are doing an incredible job on your track!!!! I might have to move to Edmonton now!!

Colin
Old 05-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We got a 2 more double loads of clay in for touch ups and to fix the low spots, don’t ask how we found the low areas LOL .
Our supplier of the clay (Cliff’s trucking) has graciously offered 2 more loads for free. . The big push will be this weekend to complete the track. So more sod, watering, raking ect. If your free on the weekend or just for a few hours pop in, we could always use an extra hand here and there.

Big thanks for the guys coming out and doing the evening shift. A few hours makes a huge difference.

I thought I throw this out and see if I get any bites . We need some building material, sheets of plywood, 2"x4" and some of those square concrete slab that is uses for sidewalks. If you have any of the above come see darly or myself at the track. Very cheap would be good and free would be even better

Dennis
Old 05-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

One last thing.......
I noticed that were lacking on the track maintenance tools, things like rakes, shovels, hose's and a wheel barrow. I was thinking we could pool up our Canadian tire money so we would able to buy what we need instead of relying on the club members to bring stuff out. Also if you have anything that like to donate it that would also work.

Here a pic of the work crew doing some R&R
Attached Thumbnails Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing-dscf0058.jpg  
Old 05-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, the track looks fantastic!
And it turns out I can make it out to help, tommorow at least, what time is a good time? the earlier the better.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Daryl D and myself will be there at 10am.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy

What luck.....the JR XR2i radio that I got with my xxx-t RTR kit is 27MHz...So I guess that I will have only 6 available channels max. The XR2i also comes in 75MHz, but mine came with the 27MHz. Do you think that i will have any problems at races/practices seeing as I have only limited channels?? Looks like I will have to get a couple of set of crystals so that I can avoid any overlaps....I would try to sell this radio and buy a different one, but this one is only a month old. Any suggestions??
Old 05-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Ouch. That would definatly suck. Sorry to hear that. I have the joys of the 75mhz crystals, but its still AM.

Anybody know what the differance between the xr2i and the xr2 are? Rumor has it that JR replaced all the standards with "i" version. Maybe a revision?

Anyways.

I was asked to post about the XXX-NT and XXX-T differential. Sorry Ryan, i totally forgot ...and I got bad news, seems that I don't have my copy, and the forum that it was on has been pruned.

I am gonna check around see what I can come up with.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation If anyone cares . . .

As of noon when I stopped by, Great Hobbies had some Blue Thunder in stock

~3 jugs x 30% (1 gallon)
~6 jugs x 20% (1 gallon)

Price is a bit steep. $39.99 for the 20%

It's REALLY hard on the wallet when they are only a couple of blocks from my work !!!

Funky99
Old 05-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

If theres a lot of rtr's out thisyear (which is good) then 27mhz might be tough cause I think the majority of rtr's are on that band.

Jason
Old 05-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jd66
If theres a lot of rtr's out thisyear (which is good) then 27mhz might be tough cause I think the majority of rtr's are on that band.

Jason
I think he's right, I blieve I read somewere that its cheaper for the manufacturers to make stuff on the 27 MHZ band. But, how many people are racing at anytime? Its 10 right? so you might be ok.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default 27mhz band

For those of you who are using the 27mhz band, don't worry. There is no reason to get over concerned. When we run the heats if there aren't enough open channels available we will break up the heat into two separate heats. However it is a good idea to have a couple of different crystals with you. I will have the Freak board out saturday afternoon for practice.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default TRACK WORK!

For those of you who would like to help finish the track, we will be out working on it all day and evening Friday and Saturday, much the same as the last couple of weeks.

The clay surface is turning out excellent, it's a thousand times better then the original surface which was black dirt, rocks and a bit of dark clay.

A special THANKS goes out to the following racers who came together and donated the Alberta Golden Clay. Chris Hammond, Dennis Liew, Daryl Dombrosky, Wayne and Way Mah, and Cory Drachenberg , Your contributions have helped put our track over the edge of excellent!

Thanks to all for making it happen.

Daryl
Old 05-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stitchin' away . . .

One of these day's I will show SafariDog how to take better pan's by rotating the camera around it's focal point not his body!

None the less, here's his pic's of the track stitched into a panorama so you can see the whole thing in one pic...

The grass really makes it look great. Speaking of grass...

Funky99
Attached Thumbnails Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing-construction-day-21-pan01.jpg  
Old 05-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Smoking Grass . . .

er... sod...

NEWSFLASH !

- Daryl just told me that there are 6 (YES! SIX) more "pallets" of sod at the track. Thanks to donations by several outstanding people (even some on-roaders ) we now have MORE SOD! Let's get out there and lay some grass...

Old 05-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Funky99, if you look closly at that pic you can see me standing on the track near the packer. So no, I didnt take that pic Hey if your offering maybe you can show me how to take better pics. Anyhow, we got more 2 more loads of clay, Ed the truck driver for Cliff's trucking delivered it as promised. . We need some low spots filled, it's as clear as day when you look at it. Just look for the pools of water

See you at the track.

Dennis

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service