Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio Contro Racers Edmonton Off Road Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dude - the home page of the dirt wins... the track looks good too HA HA!
Old 09-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whoa!!! I sure like that home page!!!

I sure like to have a big race of that caliber in Alberta, like chris said if we do want to do it we should start some planning soon and find some dedicated people to help out.

Suncity r/c and Rob S thanks for holding a great race.

Martin "aka Race nazi" was the best race director I have ever seen. Very strict and to the point, kudos to you.

Hope to see some faces out there today.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The boyz from the coast are gonna have to bring the smack down to your town.
I had a bit of bad luck in the 1/8th main with seizing the clutch bearings over half way into the race.At that time I had a tow lap lead on second but now had flamed out and had to not use brakes or stop for any reason at all just to keep it running.I am content with finishing third after the trouble I dealt with.Thanx to Kelowna and "race nazi"lol Martin for getting it all rolling smoothly.And thanx to all who participated in making it a pain in the ass for me to do as well as I did.I will come again but we are going to have to colaborate on schedualing for big events so more people can come out.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Exactly Inferno, I would like to incorporate a big event in Red Deer to coinside (spelling?) with our leg of the Alberta Tri cities round. The bigger the better.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

yo people. del, maybe you guys should go for the nationals?? cuz the red deer track is for sure at the caliber of that level, its absolutely insane! the main thing we must look at though is whether we should be ROAR affiliated or not. the prob is that they dont show much support to us. but either way, next year we should all try to organize an awesome season for off-road. i think for next year though the alberta tri-cities will be also including Med. Hat. that will give 3 chances out of 4, instead of 2 out of 3 races. I believe here at calgary again we will have the Western Canadian Champs. maybe red deer will have the nats, and then all the boys in BC can get their ideas down to see what we can do.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

If it goes ROAR then the cost goes up and the rules get tighter,nobody really likes that too much but for the race to be recognized as a championship event it needs ROAR approval.But IMHO why do we need ROAR?We are our own country and we should have enough support for the hobby here to have our own governing body here that will listen to our voices.We are not lambs that need to follow exactly what they do there in the south but as a guidline we should look at them and IFMAR for examples to come up with our own governing body to make our races important to us as the front page item not something shoved in the back of a magazine as a side article.Sorry I get a little carried away when it concerns ROAR affiliation.
We have the tools to make the events happen so why pay someone else to make them legit?
Old 09-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Big Race Ideas?

I think Red Deer is the place to stage a huge Canadian off-road champs - it is a wicked high caliber track. I'm not so sure it's a good electric track ... should the race be Nitro or combined?

We can invite the boys from out east; advertise it everywhere in Canada starting ASAP... It would be awesome. I'll try and get in touch with a few contacts I have out east and see what they think.

We could petition Ifmar to sanction the race - that way we avoid Roar. Or we go Roar ... but I agree that Roar does not do enough for Canada. Either way we could still have an unsanctioned big race.

Sounds like all the Red-Deer boys are going 1/8, according to an unnamed source they ordered 5 Kanai II's Wicked!

So - lets get a list of names going - who is interested in helping get something organized?

- I'm in to help get sponsors and provide whatever help I can.

DELMO - Dennis and I want to come to Red Deer for a day next weekend (Sunday)... any chance we could use your track? I've got a car you can run. Anyone else want to come down/up?
Old 09-02-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Inferno - I agree we should have our own sanctioning body... but who will run and organize it? How do we advertise it, collect fees, get insurance etc etc?

It can be done but someone has to really want to do it.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

I believe this would be the start of it all right here.We the racers who want something we could call our own.If the air guys can get MAAC then we can do it to.An international insurance company like that of MAAC or even the same people covering MAAC could do it.As for who should run it We could elect officials from each Province from the clubs at the club level.From each club representatives would elect someone from the group within their province.These people would be the provincial rep.From within the provincial reps. then could a single person be chosen to be president.Now to make it easier for the person who is chosen as President then whatever duties he or she has undertaken as provincial rep or club rep should be passed on to give priority to running the big picture.
We could call it Canadiam Model Racers Association or CaMRA.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Remember guys by no means are we unable to do this,the fee's we could work out what the cost would be based on what the insurance cost are much like MAAC and we could do news letters and such just the same.Each club who wants official status could collect the membership fee's from members and from there it could be sent directly to wherever the main place is set up to deal with it.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Chris, you and the boys are welcome anytime. Just give me a ring before hand and I'll slide you the combo to the gate. I neeeeed someone to practice with.

I have some great ideas for the Red Deer track for next year that will improve the facility by leaps and bounds. It will definatley be able to hold a National event. I honestly think we can do this if we all put our heads together. Imagine having qualifiers and semi qualifiers, an LCQ and a full gate in every round. It will happen guys, and man will it be fun.

Like Chris said, it will be a huge undertaking to govern a sactioning body. Maybe I should give ol' Richard Saxton a call and see how smooth the RC pro series runs. Might not be as bad as we think. I say we have a meeting, Calgary,Red Deer and Edmonton. Just some of the key organizers. Have some wings and discuss next year.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Inferno, are you familiar with http://www.rcproseries.com

Perfect example of starting thier own series. These guys have all the best drivers and some of the best tracks around. If the yanks can do it then us Canadians can do it EH!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:15 PM
JD
Tech Regular

n/m

Last edited by JD; 01-01-2003 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

I got a bad feelin about ROAR already. I just printed off thier 8000 page rule book.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

First off, gotta give thanks to Dennis, Chris, Daryl, JD for the help this past weekend and for my newly adopted nickname Looks like have a theme to uphold on any future bods I get painted.

Secondly, to the all BC crew. Had a wicked time. The 10-11 hour drive was worth it. Wish I could have stayed longer and will definitely come back out again next year.

Chris/Dennis: Tried to contact you a couple times, but I didn't leave a message. Give you a shout tomorrow evening and we'll arrange something. Or if you want, I would be interested in going out to Red Deer on Sunday as well. I could just bring your guys' fuel out then. Let me know. Heres my cell # so u have it: 709-3847.
Also, count me in where-ever you need me to help out in getting stuff organized for next year. Would love to get more involved as much as time permits me.

JD: Let your sis know she did a awesome job filming my race and thank her again for me.

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.