Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers >

K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers

K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers

Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nicg
Not bad names there but with the likelihood at some point in time (hopefully) there will be some sort of off road cars involved in this club we should take that into account.

Nic
Yea thats true, RC Fun Trax still works i guess. I hope we can get an offroad track going too. At the least we may be able to get a rally track going in dirt parking lot or in one of the "cube" like forests that are located randomly in Peterborough. but thats a ways off.

What ever name is chosen, i can draft up some logos/headers on Photoshop for consideration.

Too bad there aren't more people signing into to the forum.

Was thinking for a location. It may be worth asking some of the local car dealerships that have some extra room out back.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah it would be great if everyone that has replied to the kijiji ad was posting here. As of today I've had 15 people respond to it. I will be putting an ad in Peterborough This Week in January, that should generate some interest.
Keep thinking up names, and yes I think we have a good chance of getting an offroad club organized as well so keep that in mind. Also if an offroad track were to happen it would likely be in Lakefield. Can't wait until the new year when I will have more time to get this organized. I don't think it will be difficult to get a parking lot on-road club organized because you don't really need a lot of barriers and materials so hopefully this will allow more time to get offroad track organized.

Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers KRCR

Last edited by BrodieMan; 12-21-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is what I am hoping for in terms of off-road. UK style grass track Jumps can be made out of wood, drainage pipe is cheap, just need a lawnmower and a place to setup. Check this out, last week at motor city raceway. You don't need much to setup a really fun track. By the end of the season it's going to be 10X better. http://tsanrc.blogspot.com/2010/12/mcr-dec-18.html
Attached Thumbnails K.R.C.R. Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers-oop_0687.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Like that "Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers KRCR" For sure.

If someone such as Energy could draft up a logo or something maybe get some decals etc that would be pretty cool. This could really go places - I like all the idea just being thrown out here so far.

Nic
Old 12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think we will need a lot of time for the Off-road. I was talking to the Peterborough monster rc club president, and he said that they have been looking fairly diligently for a couple years now and nothing has come up. He said that he thinks the wind is out of their sails at this point. I think the problem is the idea of semi-permanently giving up a piece of land. But If we can find a piece of land it would be great. I would love it to be in Lakefield! thats where I live. A grass and wood track would be good, but if we get the land for a decent amount of time, i think it would be worth it to put a true dirt track in. Plus if you put the dirt in, you will have all the monster rc club guys buying memberships. Its reasonably cheap to rent a little bobcat for a day. just my opinion.

About the club name, if Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers is the decision, i can draft up a bunch of different options and you guys can vote on them. By the way, i don't want to put anyone in the position where they feel they need to choose one. So if i draft up one that you think has potential but you have a suggestion feel free to share it or take them and redesign them how you like them. I would rather that then having a logo that people aren't crazy about.

Assuming we are going with this name, What do you guys think for the logo. "KRCR" or "Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers"??? I'm guess the full name, but i don't know what you guys had in mind.

When ever i design something like a logo on adobe Ps, I always ask my self three things. So i will ask you guys these three things.

1. What will the design be used for/in? this will determine the background color and the general feel of the logo.

2. Is it to be displayed on the web and/or on a real medium? (for web i have to make a 72ppi copy, for real medium/stickers/banners/flyers... i have to make a 300ppi copy)

3. Is there a certain color(s) that the design should incorporate? Do you have any idea what color the website will be. All that good stuff.

I will draft up a few just to give an idea and have a little fun, but wont get serious about it until the website and plans are further along.

Thanks for taking the lead on this one Mark! If the club happens which it definitely will , we owe it to you.

Last edited by energyrc; 12-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had emailed the president of the Monster RC Club a while ago but never heard back from him. I am speculating here but I think that because they were running mostly Nitro, that could be a big factor in why they haven't found a new track location. All the noise from Nitro engines makes is going to result in plenty of complaints. Since I will be looking to get use of property that is adjacent to houses it's going to be strictly electric.

A few reasons why I would be proposing a grass track is partly to do with getting land use approval. For example, when I approach the Agricultural Society in Lakefield about using an area of the fairgrounds about having a grass track on their property, the impact on the area would be almost nil compared to a dirt track. So if they decided they no longer want the club using their property their is no damage done, grass grows back and all is the same as before. Going in and wanting to bring in clay, bobcats and dig up the place when they don't know us, it would be be substantially harder to convince them and they would probably want a lot more money in their pockets to allow it. Another reason why I am going to do my best to get a track at the fairgrounds is that it's secure (fenced) property so access can be easily restricted. The club has to do everything it can to avoid lawsuits, complaints from neighbours, vandalism etc. so a secure area is ideal. Would make insurance rates a lot lower as well.

The on-road part of the club is much easier to manage because it is a temporary setup and after race day everything is removed.

I suppose I should actually get some work done now instead of getting paid to read RCTECH forums
Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by energyrc

1. What will the design be used for/in? this will determine the background color and the general feel of the logo.

2. Is it to be displayed on the web and/or on a real medium? (for web i have to make a 72ppi copy, for real medium/stickers/banners/flyers... i have to make a 300ppi copy)

3. Is there a certain color(s) that the design should incorporate? Do you have any idea what color the website will be. All that good stuff.

Website, Forum Avatar, T-Shirts/Hoodies/Hats one day, Stickers (you can get custom decals made by a guy on RCTECH), letterhead for club business documents.

Real medium use would not be anytime soon so that's not much of a concern right now.

I was thinking that using the Team Losi Racing colour scheme would be cool, not only because I race their cars but because Lakefield Hobby & Game deals with Horizon Hobbies which owns Losi so maybe if everything goes perfectly, in a couple years we might be able to land a sponsorship from them and our colours would match even if it was just Losi banners or something. Pipe dream I know but there is nothing wrong with dreaming
Also fluorescent yellow is very prevalent in RC.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

I am partial to the Tamiya TRF colors lol.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree 100% we should stick to electric based cars due to the fact it will help getting established at certain locations. Noting worse than having complaints when trying to get this type of thing started off.

Nic
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am also in complete favor of making it strictly electric. Not sure if it would bring down insurance (less chance of fire, no exposed toxic fumes, and maybe they think that nitros could cause more property damage), but if it did thats a bonus??? But at least you would keep the noise down(A LOT!!!! A pack of 6 nitro buggies makes a crazy amount of noise) and lets face it, electric is the future. With lipos and brushless motors getting better and better, soon there will be no real advantage to nitro.

Problem with that is, you may get less club members??? There are lots of nitro guys. But hey, they would just have to convert to electric!

About the Off-road track. We will just have to see what plays out for the club. If we only have a temp spot or a place where they have forbidden land alteration, then a grass and wood track would be a great way to have an off-road track. But if what ever place we find wouldn't mind it (which i agree is less likely to find), I think if we threw down the dirt we could attract far more members, and dirt just feels right . If you have a dirt track with out tons of dirt, its really wouldn't be too hard to take down fast. Rent a bobcat, flatten the jumps rake the dirt in a plant grass, or if needed lay sod. By the next season you wouldn't know it was there.

Last edited by energyrc; 12-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Website, Forum Avatar, T-Shirts/Hoodies/Hats one day, Stickers (you can get custom decals made by a guy on RCTECH), letterhead for club business documents.

Real medium use would not be anytime soon so that's not much of a concern right now.

I was thinking that using the Team Losi Racing colour scheme would be cool, not only because I race their cars but because Lakefield Hobby & Game deals with Horizon Hobbies which owns Losi so maybe if everything goes perfectly, in a couple years we might be able to land a sponsorship from them and our colours would match even if it was just Losi banners or something. Pipe dream I know but there is nothing wrong with dreaming
Also fluorescent yellow is very prevalent in RC.
Ok, I'll draft up a few designs. Good thing you said that in question 1. I was going to put the logo on background colors, but now i will make a copy of it with a clear background for t shirts and hats and that kind of thing.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Should check out www.rcottawa.com and talk to the new owners of Dynamic Hobbies and the people that's involved with DirtTrax.

Dynamic Hobbies revived the onroad scene by pushing the Tamiya Mini series this summer. And it's been steaming ahead ever since. Several TCS races are scheduled

DirtTrax is an indoor offroad track that's ran by several dedicated offroad racer. It's been very steady with people helping out and racing there throughout the years.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just drafted up some logos. I went ahead an did the full club name for all but one design. I was think that for something like a hat just KRCR would be better than the full thing.

There are 14 drafts in total. Do you guys just want me to post them in the thread, or use an external photo storage site like photobucket?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Post it here. Less clicky clicky lol
Old 12-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nicg
Post it here. Less clicky clicky lol
Alrighty

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.