Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy >

Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy

Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy

Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

O ya...thanks goes out to our sponsers,RC Pro Shop,Tamiya Canada,SMC / JACO Canada,Team 1 R/C for lending the AMB system,Mark(the photoman and site host).Surely next year there be more prices to come from more sponsers out there.
Next one be the Smackdown after Tamiya Canadian finals and Edmonton Biggy.

So get ready................
Old 07-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Where is "Ramil's Wrap Up" of the event and the times....?
You can't tell me he needs sleep, has a family to spend time with, or actually needs to wrench on his cars....hehe
Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Ramil?....he's some where in R/C land talkin to Surikam..
Old 07-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks to all of you that put the race together. The real engine sound is music. Of course their blower turbine too.

The track was a bit small but it was still a fun running the gas cars. Hopefully it'll be bigger next year. Thanks to all whom flamed out during the main and gave me a chance come ahead. I also had a lot of trouble tuning the engine right in this hot hot weather.

Now where are the pictures?

Blue Sky
Old 07-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought I heard pictures.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Molson Indy RC Wrap-Up

All right folks. I've had some rest and ready to go again. Here's the results from the BEST RACE EVER... Talk about Ground pounding action, and the real race cars were good too.

I can only post the order racers placed in the main as our printer conveniently ran out of ink on the last day so we had to hand write the finishing order.

GT2 Sports Stock 27T
1- Jesse G.
2- Paul J.
3- Eriq C.
4- John T.
5- Jason C.

As usual, Jesse was the man to beat. He set a blistering pace on Sat. that even he couldn't touch Sun. Not to say that nobody tried. Jason and Eriq gave it their best shot and at times looked fast enough to take it away from Jesse, but could not pull it off. It was a Tamiya filled lineup with Ta04 and 415 with John being the odd man out using the Losi. Great job by Paul who could only attend Sun. buy still managed to bring his car home in 2nd and the only other person to stay on the lead lap. Just barely... Once again Jesse (the master of stock) brings home another win thanks to Putnam Pro Pulsion Power!

GT1 Super Stock 19T
1- Dave P.
2- Tristan(AKA TRF) C.
3- Chris L.
4- Alfred L.
5 Ramil B.

This class impressed the crowd with the speed and precition. We had more than several people comment on the car control at the speeds these cars reached even on a small track. It's all about instant power! Great sportsmanship from all the guys to help each other keep the racing close. Dave pulled off the win but the action during qualifying kept things close which meant that he had to stay on his feet to keep others at bay.

Nitro
1- Ron L.
2- Charlton S.
3- Simon L.
4- James K.
5- Keith Y.
6 Super Mario

Always exiting and a great crowd pleaser. With the help of traction compound allowed the racers to put down some descent power, lap times and even hit 2nd gear. Big win for Ron as the man to beat was Keith fell victim to engine problems. This is the perils of gas and no-one is emune. This class drew attention from the real racing due to engine noises of their own. The 20 min. main kept all spectators watching till the end. Great show from these guys.

Formula 1
1- Mark T.
2- Chris L.
3- Ramil B.
4- Dave P.
5- Wen
6- Jesse G.
7- John T.
8- Lewis J.
9- Alfred L.
10- Noospoom S.

I guess since the main attraction on the big track was open wheel racing, it gave this class a distinctive attraction for the public. The cheers and sighs were more noticible as the open wheel racing raced feircely all weekend long. People loved the team colors from BAR, Jaguar, Ferrari, Renault and Maclaren replicated in 1/10 scale as there were plenty of F1 fans that attended the race.
My newly revived F1 under Jacque V. and Mark's Jensen B. BAR team took the top grid spots. I got robbed as we false started after I lead the 1st 5 laps and built up a substantial lead only to be regridded! Running a new program for the first time just does not pay off sometimes. The next start saw myself in the lead but the 9 cars that packed the track made it hard to press hard without getting into trouble. Mark made me the road sweeper for 3/4 of the race until the traffic finally took it's toll and I lost the lead. Chris also held fast and took advantage of my unfortunate situation.
This would have been a 10 car feild but Nospoom's duties would not permit him to make the main even though his car was prepared for him.

We also had the pleasure of bringing the hands on action to the public. Two Tamiya TT01 XB cars were graciously donated by Borgfeldt Canada and people both young and young at heart were given an opportunity to sample the exitement on the track. People lined up and some waited all day to get thier turn. I'm sad to say that we even had some kids cry because they did not want to stop.

Great big thanks to the following people:
Tanya - In the peach...... top. Who gave out all the info to the waiting public and answered all thier question. Great sport.
Tristan(TRF), Eriq, Alfred - Helped with the instructions for the kids and adults to make their racing experience a good one.
Keith- For showcasing the new drift cars and gave us all a great show. These cars are a handfull to drive.
Noospoon- For taking care of all the racers at the gate and making being there easier.
Mark- He's fast becoming our unofficial photographer. Looks for these pictures soon.
Paul- Providing an opportunity to have this race covered in RC Driver Magazine and providing a photographer to cover our event. We will keep you posted on which issue this will be featured in.
Everyone that helped setting up and tearing down the track!. If not, I would still be there packing up.
Everyone that attended and stayed to race. We tried to give everyone enough breaks to allow for some race viewing. We hope everyone had an opportunity to watch the Indy action.

I would also like to thank the sponsors that helped us make this event a success:
Molson Indy - Believing in us and allowing us to race RC in this great event!
Borgfeldt Canada- For donating the cars that the public got to try. The info sheets and stickers that people were able to take with them.
SMC/JACO- Korgae for donating prizes that was drawn for the racers.
Team 1 RC- Lending us their AMB system which worked flawlessly all weekend long. It sure made the weekend run smoothly.
Putnam Pro Pulsion- For providing the unbeatable power plant.
RC Pro Shop- Supporting our events and RC racing without question.

If there are others that we missed, I appologize (still a little groggy) and we thank you.

We are making plans to be back next year for the (cross your fingers) 16th Annual Molson Indy. If you missed this one, mark it on your calendar because next year will be bigger and better.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Event Photos

Ok I got about 70 or so photos up from the XB demo and and our race. Just click here for the gallery. With any luck I will be able to post the rest of the pictures, including the molson gals, this evening or sometime tomarrow.

Mark
Old 07-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Alrite....more pics........... thanks Mark.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by MYXTYPLYX
[B]Molson Indy RC Wrap-Up

We also had the pleasure of bringing the hands on action to the public. Two Tamiya TT01 XB cars were graciously donated by Borgfeldt Canada and people both young and young at heart were given an opportunity to sample the exitement on the track. People lined up and some waited all day to get thier turn. I'm sad to say that we even had some kids cry because they did not want to stop.
Funny you mentioned this. I actually had a kid that does'nt want to give up the transmitter. His Dad had to wrestle it out of his hands!

Nice pictures Mark!.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would like to send out my thanks to all that helped set-up and tear down. OG could not have done it without your help.

All our sponsors mentioned. Also SKYLINES pro audio for allowing us to use there awsome PA system for the weekend. And Xcalibur Bowling center for providing us with traction compound.

I have to say that this event did "kick ashfault!"
I al ready have the ball rollingfor the next upcomming Vancouver Molson Indy (when they do decide to renew contracts) I will be able to secure us a better spot.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed. You don't want to miss this event next year.

Again Cudos to everyone that gave a helping hand. You should pat yourselves on the shoulder for a job well done.

All the competitors that came and "RACED" dispite other distractions, OG thanks you for all your support.

In my books we all "KICK ASHFALT"

Jesse
Old 07-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jzone

All the competitors that came and "RACED" dispite other distractions, OG thanks you for all your support.

Jesse

What do you mean "RACED". Everybody was looking at the "DISTRACTIONS"!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Jesse,

Do you still run an xray? If you do can you email ( [email protected] ) me a good starting setup for asphalt, I just picked up a Factory kit .

-Korey

P.S.- Ramil, just you wait, our rematch is comming up soon.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sushi Boy

-Korey

P.S.- Ramil, just you wait, our rematch is comming up soon.
Korey ...smackdown is coming .So mark that day off..
Rematch to settle old brags.........
Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

I heard from Dan that he will drag Korey over for the Smackdown. I think he will also be running in the Burien TCS.

Hope to see you in the races Korey
Old 07-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, I guess so. I'll have to whip my X-ray out for the smackdown. I think it's pretty dialed muahahahahaha. It's on the loose side, but it's fast. Dan is helping me out at TCS though, and I thank him for that. I love the race series.

-Korey

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.