Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy >

Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy

Overgeared Racing At The Molson Indy

Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Gate for drop off will be on the South side of the Indy track. At the Ontario St. Gate entrance. In the Market place MP1 site. Our lovly assisant Nospoom will be manning that gate all weekend with a list of the entries and have all the passes with him for you to collect you will then be able to drop off your gear there. From the entrance gate the track will be to your right about 30 feet. We are beside the First aid tent along the railway tracks up against the fence. That will also be where the pitting area.

Please do not bring GENERATORS. Over Geared Racing has purchased power for everyone who will attend. Part of our contribution to our fellow racers supporting our sport and hobby at the Indy.

AGENDA FOR FRIDAY:
Gate will be open at 7:30am
Practice will be open all day to all competitors.
Market Place shuts down at 6pm. We can stay on site till 9pm.

SATURDAY:
Gate opens at 7:30am
Practice is open til aprox. 11:00am
Qualifying will commence at noon.
BREAKS will be announced then according to the turn out. WE would all still like to soak up everything else around us.
Last qualifier will be at 5:30pm

SUNDAY:
Gate opens at 7:30am
Practice will be till aprox. 10am
We will run atleast one or two more qualifiers then after a short break, and onto the mains. We will be done at 5pm.

All these times may change if our entry turn out is more or less

See you all there,

Jesse
Old 07-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

FOR ALL THE RACERS INTERESTED IN JOINING

Jesse will be leaving to pick up the passes, please contact him right away if you're still interested to join.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like we're going to be getting some coverage from RC Driver Magazine at this one folks....!

Put your nicely painted body shells on for this one so you can show the world you've got style.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Update....track is up.Thanks to Nospoom,Jesse,Ramil,Bak-Choi.. and off course me setting up the track.
It's 80'x30'.Semi technical.Long 80 footer straights.
Straights pretty smooth but end field a little bumpy.
As for now the track is not high traction.Will probably be better on Saturday once practice commence....see u at the track.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Finally,first day is over..... Lots of people watchin the demos from spectators who we choose to try out the tamiya xbert builts.
Kids from probably 5 to gals 20 plus. kickin the guys butts...
Thanks to Borgfelt (Tom) for sending the kits over in such a short notice.

2 more days to go.Tomorrow is official club qualifying.There;s going to be a lot of people watchin this event.Lots of thumbs up from spectators.If you still want some of the fun..there's still time to get a ticket from the gate and come on down and have fun...not too mention the views are fantastic... and off course loud with all these race cars back firing from gear shifts.See you there at the track.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I wish i was there Due for get together family time
Old 07-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by OVA
I wish i was there Due for get together family time
How did the Nats go Franko?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

There goes the second day of Indy....another day with alot of fun racing and tons of spectators watchin.Some of them stayed for hours just to wait for their turns to taste alittle of the r/c racing.

Thanks to Tanya who represent Borgfelt Tamiya was at the track to help signing up spectators to try out some of the RTRS.Not to mention,MR TRF (Tamiya sponsered driver for his patience coaching with the kids),Jesse and Ramil on the mics...,Eriq and me too.. in charge of the batteries for the rtrs.

Those RTRS sure took the beating.None of them broken anything shows how strong and durable these cars are made off.The bodies...well we leave it at that.

I'm sure Mark has taken a lot of pictures .Qualifying today shows a lot of sportmanship and intense close racing.

So much fun and lots to see..the track has so much traction that F1 is traction rollin.Well the todays qualifying went smoothly.Tomorrow would be the mains.Goto go...cheers...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Paul
Is was a busy and fun week...I 've spended alot time tuning and dialing the R2 .Great laps time ,but inconsistent laps time... So I've decided to switched TC in the middle of the qualifying..I know I'm taking a risk and so I did. I brought my back up car the new Xray T1 TFK out for the first time out door race. Boy it taking me three hours to put this car together before the third qualify up .. and the xray is holding steady and good laps time,but not much faster than R2... So I've tried the oneway and it works great in the morning , later in the day the surface track get too hot the car will spin out and you have switch back to full diff or spool..I didn't have the spool so I ran the front diff and the car push ,I couldn't get enough corner speed .Man I used three A main to get the car dialed That's crazy Huh well I finished 6th place over all in the A main..
PS .On my last qualifying I was sitting at forth place and I got taking out by the back marker. which he didn't mean it ,he thought I was done but I had one extra more lap to go...The four second lost did put me down to seventh place A main position that quick. Oh well
Boy I've learned alot about the crapy MVP motor (how to make them FAST) Later

Last edited by OVA; 07-26-2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those RTRS sure took the beating
Muwahahahaha! Saw one today that spent half the laps either in reverse or high centered on a rail! Some resembled bumper cars more so than anything else!

I'm not laughin at anyones expense here it was just amusing to watch. It goes to show what skill IS involved and kudo's to the drivers that make it all look easy. To be honest I shouldn't laugh! I have yet to get a car on the track, I anticipate my lexan to become very well acquainted with track objects.

It does LOOK easier than it really is. I was glad to see people out willing to try it and have some fun.

It was actually quite surprising what a crowd the races drew and someone commented to me that a good number of them watching the rc's had grins on their faces. I am sure they imagine themselves behind the wheel!!

I haven't half an idea of the work that went into pulling this race off but ... I must say it was a good job. Once again ... Kudos.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys! jus wanted to say that Indy+summer=lack of concentration while racing!

The RC scene, like at BC Place, gathered huge crowds even when it was just practice! Hopefully we get to do this again next year, I'm sure we got alot of positive reactions from all passerbies, spectators and participants in the "DEMO"lition races. I mean, what a way to promote ourselves but at an internationally promoted event like the Indy. Props to OG and thanks to everyone who helped us set up and take down the track.

Jesse there will be a time when a student surpasses his sensai!
Alfred thanx for "sponsoring" me!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Great job guys! Was a lot of fun and mayhem for one little track. I was amazed at how often a huge crowd would form around the the RC track even when there was full scale racing happening on the full size track. Especially considering many people paid some top dollars to get in there and sit on a grandstand but ended up standing around watching an RC race.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

AAh!!!...finally final day of Indy was over.So much fun in so little time...
Those who had missed it...make sure make your next year calender.It'll be bigger and better for sure.
F1 turn outs for the A main...awesome.Some good driving and the bad ones out there too.But overall so cool to have 9 cars running.Could be 10 but someone did not make it..

Results should be coming..once Ramil gets his rest....
Pictures .... soon once Mteven loads them up.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

It was a fun filled weekend. First time for me to go to the Indy. To see and hear the cars and carts were an absolute thrill!.

The R/C racing was fun too, we got more oohhhs and aahhhhs from the crowd than the actual car race. Even in practice they were intently watching us.

There were a lot of people trying to get their hands on trying out the Tamiya XB's graciously donated by Tamiya Canada (Borgfeldt), both young and the young at heart.

Kudos to the OG guys who were able to pull this off. Thanks to SMC/JACO Canada for the prizes.

Thanks to the guys who came racing with us on such a short notice.

Next year will definitely be bigger and better!

Last edited by rcspeedo; 07-26-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Indy Pics

I started processing the photos form the event, I will try to get 50 or so up this evening with the rest to follow tomarrow.

Mark

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.