Corcs

Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Corcs

Well i knew it was a matter of time before this was going to grow into a full national event and this is encouraging to hear the East wanting to get in on this to make it a true National event.This year is already in the works as the WCORCS but we could start looking at options for next year.
Some ideas i am thinking of are:
Making the series an east vs. west type series where the series as it is here remains much the same but later in the year ( like Nov. or Dec. ) we have one month pre reg for this event held in an indoor facility (rented , possibly a barn or indoor motocross track or something suitable).The WCORCS Trophies are handed out as they are every year but new National championship trophies are made up for this final event.
So you have an Eastern Canadian Championship , a Western Canadian Championship and then a National Canadian Championship.
This would save us from having to redesign our series here as it is and give the East something to work with and base a series upon.
Once a year we all come together and make one big race for all the marbles.
We should look at points and if they should count to the National or if it should be an all or nothing to encourage everyone to come out and race this.
A lottery system should be done to decide what city capable of hosting a National will hold it and it should change from west to east every year.
Ample time to save money from racers and make travel plans should be allowed so no race should be planned within a month or two of the series finals.
If this is as successfull as I beieve it could be we will have created our own beginnings of a governing body for racing in Canada.ROAR was there for a bit but the relationship and differences of Canadians to our American cousins to the south are different and we do things differently.Sure some will still become members of ROAR and some may join because of what we are doing but this is for us and I hope we can all enjoy it for what it really is.
Thoughts or suggestions?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Sounds like a good idea. i am willing to help in anyway i can,as well our club would be willing to be part with a race and anything else it can help with.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default My thinkin is

I am enjoying things they way they are going now. I donít think we need to complicate things by expanding to quick. As for the beginnings of maybe a new governing body I would be totally against that in full. Racing is finally fun again no roar no crap just racers and racing I say we donít let our eyes get to big and work on perfecting what we are doing here before thinking about moving farther. We have 8 cities involved now and I no we are doing great but that is a lot of racing in a summer season cut short by weather. We need to make sure we donít get to big for our britches. I know the normal reaction about racing for guys is just like seeing a new car!!! gotta have it, gotta do it!!! The reality is that itís a huge effort and keeping our W.O.R.C.S series running as it stands is huge effort I say keep it simple and fun. I just think we need to be careful because RC racers are a funny bunch when you think about it really only a hand full of racers travel from there home tracks to race in the series the brunt of local racers never travel so do we have the population base to get the turn outs like you would need to make a national successful I think not. Having been to a few national events I have noticed 1 thing when its held in the west like kamloops or Edmonton you get guys from Vancouver and Calgary and Edmonton and the surrounding areas when they were held in the east I donít think I have known anyone that travelled to Ontario or Manitoba to race a national I know they havenít held one in a long time but even when they did no one travelled that far so I say we stick around home and let our series clean up a little , just my 2 cents
Old 07-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul, RJ. and myself went to the Nats in Hamilton in 2000. And we have had a few guys from down east out before.

Has anyone even talked to anyone from down east?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have not heard from anyone out east personally but have heard rumors from others there is interest in the series idea we have.
Mainly my suggestion is basically this:
We keep our series exactly as it is , the east creates a series as a mirror of ours running the same weekends.We then have one big race a couple months after the west / east series wraps up for a National final.This gives the series more races, more racers, and in the end more bragging rights.
I look forward to hearing from some in the east on this topic as to whether they are interested in this.