Penticton Radio Control Club - PRCC >

Penticton Radio Control Club - PRCC

Like Tree7Likes

Penticton Radio Control Club - PRCC

Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Penticton Radio Control Club - PRCC

Welcome Everyone...
Well it's offical! There is now a club promoting more rc racing in the South Okanagan. We are just starting out and already have great support from our new members & the community.
We are currently in the process of scheduling / organizing some outdoor on-road racing in the coming weeks. We also have some other great projects in the works! More details coming soon!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default kool

congrats guy's, will have to check things out for sure... I haven't been racing too much so far this year cause work keeps gettin in the way but look forward to gettin out, and going down your way ,fits in the vacation plans too hehe, watcha lookin at racing??? onroad off road, parking lotz types of cars ya'll runnin?? (tamiya type, tc's??)
Old 07-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow awesome news.

We vacation in penticton at least 4 times in the summer... Post your shedule for on road racing, I would love to join you

Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Scheduling

Hi Guys...
Well we're currently working with the city to get an off road track established but it will take some time & fundraising before it gets going. We're aiming for the fall.

As of right now our plans are to do some parking lot on road racing. We're just in the process of getting everything together right now & organizing an event. We're going to be working really hard in the next couple of weeks to get something going by the end of July / early August. Since we're a new club... it's going to be race what you bring . Mini's will be a big class, as will 2wd short course & monster truck... we're all about having fun!

We're going to be working on a website here shortly thanks to one of our members. Once we have something figured out we'll post the details here.

Keep you all posted!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Count me in for myself with my mini cooper and my dad to. We both bought brand new ones and are really looking forward to running them. It is so new I havn't even run mine yet.

Keeping things stock and affordable is the best way to attract new members!!! Period!

We would love to see as many people out as is possible.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Hey guys

Penticton club members.

Your very fortunate to have Amber and Anthony, putting this together for you. It'll be fun and done right.

I'll be out there from time to time. If there's anything I can do to help just let me know.

Anthony I'll let Josh know about this. I'm sure he'd like to race with you guys and help out.

Curtis
Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tentative Date

Hi Everyone...

First off... thanks Curtis... Anthony & I are helping the club's growth... we have some great directors and members that we're working with... everyone's eager to get this started & going... great team effort thus far!

On another note... those of you Kamloops & Kelowna members could you please let me know what your schedules are so that when we organze our events we will try to get them not to conflict... it would greatly be appreciated!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Right On!!!

Originally Posted by racingnazy
Penticton club members.

Your very fortunate to have Amber and Anthony, putting this together for you. It'll be fun and done right.

Curtis
Congratulations Anthony and Amber, I look forward to coming out and racing with you. It will be a nice change to have another track option much closer to us. We can return the favour for all the support you have shown the ROCK over the past few years.

As you know our off road schedule is posted and up to date on our site. The on road schedule will be set in a few months time. It will be cool to have another club in the club cup this year.

Curtis by suggesting "it'll be fun and done right" does that mean it has been done WRONG somewhere else?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amber_hobbs
Hi Everyone...

First off... thanks Curtis... Anthony & I are helping the club's growth... we have some great directors and members that we're working with... everyone's eager to get this started & going... great team effort thus far!

On another note... those of you Kamloops & Kelowna members could you please let me know what your schedules are so that when we organze our events we will try to get them not to conflict... it would greatly be appreciated!
All our date are on rockracing.net
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Congratulations PRCC:

I'm sure you will have a successful club. With top community business members involved to help your progress you are on the right track. My son and myself will do our best to come out and have some FUN when time allows for us. Hopefully, it can be next summer's off road season for us. Winter time will be tough as holiday time, roads, weather can be tough to overcome for us.

Also, please keep in touch with Rob Schneider regarding next season's CORCS race in Kelowna ( he has taken it over for Kelowna) so you don't overlap it, or the other major races in Kamloops or Coquitlam or even if you want to join the Corcs Series at some period of time.

If there is anything I can do ( even though far away) please don't hesitate to ask for help.

Again, congratulations....

Don Ropcean
Michael Stobart
Topline Distributors
Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default Track

Hi Everyone...

Just an update... wanted to let everyone know what's going on with the city... our discussion with the mayor & counsel has went well... we are now in the hands of the city manager who is currently looking at city property that the club can use... once we know the proposed locations to choose from we will call a club meeting... keep you all posted!

Also Martin has designed a logo for the club. So all PRCC members please check your emails and let me know your thoughts. Thanks a bunch Martin!

As for scheduling... i was already aware of the rock racing website as you know your link is posted on our companies website... i was referring to the indoor schedule... this is already in the works as well for penticton... i would like to try and coordinate something between all three clubs (Kamloops, Kelowna, & Pen)... our club probably won't have the off-road track organized & developed until the fall..

Thanks for the support everyone!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I secured our web domain name today. It is going to be www.pentictonrcclub.com and .ca

I registered both domains and they will take you to the same website.

As Amber already said i sent in a first draft of one of the logos I was working on. If the members like it and approve it we will then get started on the website. It shouldn't take to long to get that up and running.

We are going to keep it simple and easy to maintian and of course it will be able to be updated by any one of the elected directors.

I am very excited to see what piece of property the city lets us use. I am looking forward to designing a track to fit in the space were given.

Having another track in the Okanagan is excellent and is only going to help to grow and promote our sport.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default Website

First off.. it's Amber here!

Great job Martin! See guys this is exactly what a club is all about... TEAM WORK! And let's keep going this way

I sent out the email with the logo design idea... and have had a couple responses from members. Will send out a reminder that we need to know asap! The quicker we get it up and running, the better support we'll get from the city...

I am working on putting together a club directory today and will be emailing it out this afternoon. Be sure to check all of your emails people!

On another note:
This weekend, July 17th & 18th, Kamloops is hosting what is called the Electric Dirt Challenge. This is a trophy race specifically for 10th scale electric vehicles. For more information you can go to their website at http://www.tvrcrc.com/

Anthony & I will be in attendance; Let's get racing!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Club Logo

Okay... so we've spoken to pretty much everyone in the club (sent two emails also) and everyone agrees that the logo is great & looks good. Big thanks to Martin for taking care of this for the club!

On another note... I am still waiting to hear back for the city manager; however if I don't hear from him tomorrow I will be speaking with the mayor again to ensure that the ball is rolling on finding us some track land.

Amber also sent out an email today with the club directory including everyone's name, email & contact number.

Keep you all posted in other details as they come avaliable!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's great, I holiday their visiting family often. I sent them the link cause this family is looking to get into off road racing too. He actually got me started down the RC path but we have a club here in Edmonton so I got a little more hard core than him. Now with a track in Penticton I can really get my Sister in law PO'd at me

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.