R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   Red Deer R/C Club? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/39103-red-deer-r-c-club.html)

ptero-spinner 04-24-2004 12:01 PM

Red Deer R/C Club?

Hi, do we have a Club set-up yet.? Thought that a track was going to be set up at 3-mile bend. If so could someone e-mail me with some info. And if the club needs a hand with set-up I would be interested. Thanks

Delmo 04-25-2004 04:09 AM

Hey there, track work is set to start next week. If you want info on the club you can go visit Darcy at H-O Performance and he'll let you in on all the details. Don't worry man, it's gunna be a great summer.

Gary Fliegel 04-25-2004 08:02 AM

Let us know about your schedule for racing Del. I can use more than a few day trips to RD for some fun.

ptero-spinner 04-26-2004 07:10 AM

R/C Club

Right on Delmo, I'll hook up with Darcy later this week. Thanks

Canadian eh 07-08-2004 11:15 PM

*bump* for veggie oil

Ballistic 07-08-2004 11:31 PM

Delmo:

Dood, any pics. as of yet???:tire: :) :tire:

Delmo 07-09-2004 10:28 AM

Sorry no pics. I'll get out there today and snap a few.

chewie53 07-14-2004 09:02 PM

:cool: Hey people I was wondering how to get involved, I was down @ 3 mile on the 10th and seen some guys from Edmonton, who helped me hook up here, I never did RC but am interested in getting one, email me [email protected] or my work email is [email protected], thanks

cracked123 07-14-2004 09:23 PM

probably the first ting to do is decide on which class you want to run and how much money to spend, second start asking on this board for used stuff. Lots of guys do upgrading through out the year.

I think i meet you at Red Deer, you were with the wife and kid?

chewie53 07-15-2004 01:38 PM

Yes that was I, Im not interested in the racing my work schedule interferes right now but I do want to get tools and a Car just for fun for now

chewie53 07-15-2004 01:44 PM

Im probably lookin to spend $1000 - 1500 depending on my banker ( WIFE ) :sneaky: but more than likely but that would be for everything and I will probably lookat buying in the fall, vacation is coming up need $$$ for that first

Canadian eh 07-17-2004 08:41 PM

So chewie did you decide what class your buyin??? It would be nice to have a few more buggies in Red Deer, so we can have some local races. My schedule kind of cuts in to racin also, as I work two weeks on, one week off.....damn oilfield.

chewie53 07-20-2004 08:01 AM

No I havent a clue to what class I'm going into, but i dont want Monster truck or ashphalt, i want dirt track, yeah my schedule is 16 on and 5 off, but those 16 are usually out of town or out late,IT'sTHE OILPATCH BOYS NOT THE CABBAGE PATCH :lol: , anyway thats what i would like to do is get an RC and play around learn the tricks of the trade, race win some lose most :D , but as long as i have or i should say we have fun, OH man Iam itchin and twitchin for some rc action

cracked123 07-20-2004 09:34 AM

well, your in a good location being nearly halfway between edmonton and calgary. so you can hit all 3 tracks and see the different stuff that everyone's running and check the prices out at the local hobby stores.

My suggestion is whatever you buy plz spend the extra money on a decent FM radio. I think futaba and JR now have the mid priced crystal less one out.

nathanraina 04-19-2010 07:07 PM

intrested in info on the reddeer rc area/track

hey all. i live in the red deer area and an interested in the red deer rc track can any one tell me if this is a public rc area or for club members only and if so what dose the club In tail as i work in the oil patch and work away from home. i would love to meet some ppl as i am also new to the hobby. and usually just run my truck in the school field. i have a savage XL with standard AM radio. some info would be super.