Wiki Posts
Search

Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2010 Race Date

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tandman
Another good system is to have the racers check in 2 sets for the weekend. That would keep the cost down and still allow the racers to run what they want.
Hi, Dwayne.

Just what I was thinking!

You coming out a week or so early again this year?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Speed Weekend ROCKS!

I'm really going to try and make it out this year.....yes believe it or not! Our Fall Classic race in Kamloops has been moved back to the third weekend in September so that it doesn't conflict with this race, the Central Sanich Days race or the Edmonton race so hopefully more can attend. I have travelled some over the years for Off-Road Races but never On-Road and would definetly like to do it.

Hope to see you all in July......
Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bring the noise Brent. You'll probably enjoy being just a "racer" at an Onroad race for once!

Blake
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tires

No last year I ran Muchmore 32. This year I will run Jaco Blues. At $30 a set (4) they're cheap. I don't know how they will work but it gives everyone the same chance. I will check in two sets per class so if anyone wants to follow suit than its a race!!! You don't have to as it looks to be open tire but I'm sure the top guys will join in.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mikey.....just quit flapping your lips and race Sounds good though.....tire strategy would really come into play......single mains right??
Phil I am going to try and be there a bit longer this year......maybe 2 club races
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Dwayne,

Yes, single mains with bump-ups. Six minute qualifiers and mains as per ROAR.

It'd be great to have you out for two club races and the big race. Lots of racing for you!

Blake
Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mittlestead
No last year I ran Muchmore 32. This year I will run Jaco Blues. At $30 a set (4) they're cheap. I don't know how they will work but it gives everyone the same chance. I will check in two sets per class so if anyone wants to follow suit than its a race!!! You don't have to as it looks to be open tire but I'm sure the top guys will join in.

Hey Mike, good luck with the Jaco Blue

I'll run something else, and see which one is faster

I'll even run one set of tire only per class
or maybe one set of tire for 2 class
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey i'm in for the 2 set of tires per class. As if it will make a difference for me. hey its all about levelling the playing feild. even down in the D main lol

Andrew
Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I was just thinking it would be fun to run a "spec" tire to even out the playing feild. If no one is interested than thats fine. Blake have you tried jaco blues on the track before? How did they work? Anyone tried Blues on asphalt? Are we running heads up or IFMAR qualifing? 6 min 1425 grams???
Old 04-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Im with Mike I would like to run the blues, we all have them from the indoor races why not use them and make the event cheaper for the racers that used "spec" during the winter.

Mike we have used them outside, Frank and I both used them last summer on prepared tracks they are good.... They are not going to be like a Sorex or a MMR but they were not designed to be like those, they were designed to offer good traction and low wear for spec type racing. Under the "2 set rule" they will be ideal.

-But-

If you are going to truly have a open tire and we cannot come to a gentleman's agreement then I say forget the checking in of 2 sets and just be open.... That way if there is a "hot" tire for the track we can all use them and not worry about the sets we "checked in" not working if someone figures out a better tire.

Just my 2 cents..
Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mittlestead
I was just thinking it would be fun to run a "spec" tire to even out the playing feild. If no one is interested than thats fine. Blake have you tried jaco blues on the track before? How did they work? Anyone tried Blues on asphalt? Are we running heads up or IFMAR qualifing? 6 min 1425 grams???
Hi Mike and Korgae,

I have run Jaco Blues almost exclusively for the past two summers at IROCC. On colder mornings I would use the Jaco Greens. Last year at Speed Weekend I used Jaco Blues and qualified 2nd. You were a good half-lap ahead of me, but that most likely came down to driving as you were on fire that weekend.

Qualifiers are heads-up as usual for Speed Weekend. Fastest racers start at the front, same as it has been for the previous two years. This gives everyone a chance to figure out how to drive the first corner before the mains come around.

Qualifiers and mains are 6 mins.

Weight is the new ROAR rule: 1420g

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but in the spirit of racing, I will run Jaco Blues again this year. I personally like the idea of the gentlemen's agreement because it promotes a level playing field at the top where tire difference might be noticed, but it allows the rest of the field to run whatever they are most comfortable with (or already own).

Blake
Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Blake half a lap most likely was tires. That is the nice thing about spec. With that being said Blues for me. As far as two sets per class maybe is something to look at when we get there and see who's in. There is lots of good drivers in Victoria, Vancouver and even dirt farmer Dwayne. Let's just have fun and have a good time. Let's make this year the best so far.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Alberta is cattle country Mikey maybe all of the rain on the coast has made your brain soggy Myself, just like all of the racers just want to race and have excellent compoetition at the races that we go to.......I just want everyone to show up and all of us run the best that we can
Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Well said guys; let's make this one to remember.

I know it's early, but I think we might have a chance at setting a turnout record this year. I have been getting a LOT of PMs/Emails from lots of interested racers.

We had 107 entries in both 2007 and 2008, and just under 100 in 2009. I'll be doing my best to try and break these records this year.

Blake
Old 04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blake
Well said guys; let's make this one to remember.

I know it's early, but I think we might have a chance at setting a turnout record this year. I have been getting a LOT of PMs/Emails from lots of interested racers.

We had 107 entries in both 2007 and 2008, and just under 100 in 2009. I'll be doing my best to try and break these records this year.

Blake
hey Blake
you can count me in for this race...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.