Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Winter Nats

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know of a couple of people from here that are willing to come down to run our junk again this winter.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any word on this yet?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems like there is a lot of interest i for one need a break from work in the winter lol
Old 09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 for holding a winter nationals. I really hope its not electric only, I don't wanna have to buy a new car.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

After speaking to some people in regards to this....it is my opinion that the 2010 Canadian Winter Nats will Not be happening....for one the Clutch Nuts Will NOT be responsible for the event Nor Will the Westerner take us back without yet another hike in the price...so Unless another Club steps up and take's on the task there's gonna be no race this year.

it sucks but that's the way the cookie crumble's.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

RIP winternats
There must be some nice private riding arenas around the calgary or edmonton area that would be suitable for holding a large indoor race for cheaper than what the westerner wants
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

RIP winternats
There must be some nice private riding arenas around the calgary or edmonton area that would be suitable for holding a large indoor race for cheaper than what the westerner wants.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if you build it..... they will come.

maybe it is time for all the fellows that had so much "criticism" about the last couple w'nats to step up and put it back together?????

just my 2 cents
Anthony
Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Time for some Answers

I have been sitting back and watching this thread waiting for our club president to answer your questions but once again your questions have gone unanswered so I will provide some answers for you.

First, the Winter Nats is not dead, but it is most likely that it will take a hiatus for 2010. So please stop with the RIP Winter Nats.

Second, we have been informed that there will be changes as to how the venue is run for 2010. All control of all operations for the buildings on Westerner Park grounds will be managed by and exhibition company they have in place. They will control the costs of everything that happens in the buildings including:

Table rentals
Power
Daily rental cost of the venue
Move in, move out and clean up of the buildings used
The air makeup system in the buildings

All of these costs are to increase for 2010 and without sponsorship it will be impossible to cover the costs, so who gets to pay them? The racers do, that is who gets to pay them.

Yes we had a lot of complaints about this years race and they did not go unnoticed, but have they been addressed? My answer is no. Our executive would rather let the racers guess as to what is going on than answer the questions themselves and I find this apalling.

Lack of communication by our club President has already cost us the RC Pro Finals and now it looks like it will cost us another race. It was suggested in club meetings that we may try to get in touch with the other clubs in Alberta to maybe form a group and put together the Winter Nats as a group effort but I still do not know if this was ever presented to the executive of the other clubs or not. If anyone was approached could you please let me know.

Some of us are working behind the scenes to try to attain sponsorship for the race and I will inform you if this bears any fruit as soon as I know something. I know that some of you are trying to plan your holidays and time off to attend this race and I apologize for the delays but as you can see this cannot be helped at this time. Please bear with us a little while longer and we will see what happens.

Ray Rode
(no official title)
speaking on behalf of the Clutch Nutz
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Ray, the information is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ray,

Thank you for being so upfront and honest about this.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Well Scott, I am not going to sugar coat something that makes me so @#%#$^# angry!

By the way Scott, want to buy an RC8 buggy for parts? Won one at the RC Pro Finals and not sure what to do with it.

Ray
Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Drive the thing. It's a great car. I already have almost 3 of them so I'm good for them.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

That really sucks I think a lot off people look forward to the nat it was my first year there last year and I though it was awsome I hope u can put somthing together otherwise it's going to be a LONG winter
Old 10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

the rip was in respect to a great race, not an insult.
I guess its either silver state or the nitro challenge for us wanting to race this winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.