Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2009 RC Pro Series Canadian National Championships >

2009 RC Pro Series Canadian National Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 RC Pro Series Canadian National Championships

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2009 RC Pro Series Canadian National Championships

September 4-6, Edmonton Alberta. This is where you can find out up to date info and get questions answered. See you all in a month.

Last edited by Gary Fliegel; 08-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default National Championship

This is very exciting news, it is going to be a great event.
Cloud Climber Hobbies will have a trailer on site for this event also, we will be carrying parts for the most popular lines such as Losi, Hot Bodies, Traxxas, AKA wheels and tires, proline wheels and tires, o'donnell fuel, and a small assortment of other products. Cloud Climber Hobbies would love to hear from racers that will be travelling from other provinces, we want to make sure that we are well stocked for them. We know you can't take fuel on a plane and may not be able to take your full parts support with you to edmonton, please inform us of the type of fuel you use and approximate quantities will be needed and we will get it in, also when it comes to parts, if there are any specific parts that you would like to see on location, let us know, we will do our best to make it happen. Either e-mail us ([email protected])or call myself, Jason Poirier, Mon-Fri 12-8pm (MST) 780-651-3215

Thanks to all who have made this event possible.

Last edited by arumor; 08-04-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added phone number
Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a couple of questions.

1. What is a hotel that is nice and near the track, you can list a few.

2. Will there be pre-set up tables, chairs and shelter for those coming from out of town.

3. if we are not allowed to bring fuel on the plane will there be some available at the track and if yes what kind.

thanks for any info you can give me.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

smeerdude - As this race was just sprung on us a couple of days ago, I don't have all the answers for you ....... yet.
The answer to your question #3 is one post up. Cloud Climber hobbies will have a trailer on site - as he stated let him know what you run and he'll do his best to have it in stock. There may be other shops with trailers but so far he is the only one that has contacted RCRE with intent to do so.
I'll get the club's promo director to list some hotels in the area tomorrow.
As for the tents & tables we'll have to see how many from out east are going to make the journey as to what direction the club goes but rest assure you will all have a covered place to pit.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gary, is the registration open now? I notice alot of people signing up that are not on the invite list. Can everyone register now then?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Smeerdude
I stayed at the Holiday Inn not too far from the track, and really nice hotel. Was about 130/night taxes in. Room had 2 queen beds.

EDMONTON-CONVENTION CENTER/SE
Holiday Inn
4520 76TH AVE
EDMONTON, AB T6B0A5
CANADA

Hope this helps
Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Company Representative

Nope, its not open to everyone yet. Those that jumped right in and signed up will be the first ones removed to make room if needed for the invited racers.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If the entries don't fill up to 250, are we still starting the quali's on that Friday?

So far, with the exception of one individual, everyone signed up at the moment is from Alberta
Old 08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To further Matt's question, if you miss qualies on Friday can you run some Saturday?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary Fliegel
Nope, its not open to everyone yet. Those that jumped right in and signed up will be the first ones removed to make room if needed for the invited racers.
Why is that? Punishing the people who are keen to goto this race doesn't make sense.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Company Representative

Invites to the nationals are for the top 10 in each class in each division. Unlike other race orginizations, you need to qualify to go to the nats. Its not punishing ppl, its keeping the reserved spots open for those that qualified.

As for the amount of days for this race, at this time we are looking for a full race. Decisions will be made about the schedule as the entry deadline nears.

Racers from the other regions are making plans atm to get out here. Once they have their travel plans set out, you will see more entries from the other regions. I'm sure that next year when the Nats are in the east we won't see 70 albertans out there either.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If registration is open and people register, when they can, you'll delete them first? As long as you can do it that the last registered is the first removed. But that's still a piss poor way of doing it. It should be a private registration for the invites. If there is no way of doing that with sign up then it's time for a new registration program for next season.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary Fliegel
Invites to the nationals are for the top 10 in each class in each division. Unlike other race orginizations, you need to qualify to go to the nats. Its not punishing ppl, its keeping the reserved spots open for those that qualified.
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
If registration is open and people register, when they can, you'll delete them first? As long as you can do it that the last registered is the first removed. But that's still a piss poor way of doing it. It should be a private registration for the invites. If there is no way of doing that with sign up then it's time for a new registration program for next season.
From Rcpro website
The Nationals Invite List is up!! Check it out and get registered!! Your reserved spots are only being held until next monday!!

Those that didn't make the top 10 in a class can't wait 1 week to register?
If it was a private registration then those that didn't qualify would still have to wait to register starting next week, once opened up to everyone.....
I don't see your point about people registering early when not on the invite list........

Wow we can't even use the honor system. Everything needs to be locked and the key stashed away...

Hopefully everyone knows that to race in the National finals means you've had to run in at least 1 provincial RcPro race. That's my understanding.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Company Representative

Or you could just read the list and if your name isn't on it, don't register. Thats pretty simple, no passwords required.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think we should just put the whole registration thing to bed and start talking about the race itself. I do not see this race filling up with entries in the next 3 days before it opens to everyone. No point in rambling on about it and debating over nothing.
-Kane

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.