Monster Jam

Old 01-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Monster Jam

Monster Jam 2004 is February 6, 7, 8th

SAME FORMAT AS LAST YEAR.

We are allowed 15 racers per day for the pre-show and 1/2 time; we are also required to have 5 or 6 volunteer marshals for the RC and the smash up derby. On Saturday there will be a pit party where we can have demos, flyers and discussions with the public. We will also have a booth upstairs. This year we plan to have a more professional booth set up.

For $5 you get (you must pay this):
A wristband for the weekend to get into the pit area.
A ticket to get up to the show.
Access to pop and refreshments in the pit crew area.

If you want to participate email Cory Drachenberg:
[email protected]

We need: racers, booth folks and marshals - please let Cory know which you are.

I will be posting more information next week. I am meeting with the organizers next Saturday with our list of members for each event.

I'll be at SICES on Wednesday to collect fees. Other than that I can be at the NASCAR track Friday to collect. If you can't make either of those then please let Cory know and we will figure something out. It would be best if everyone can find a way to pre-pay. We need to provide the lists and fees this coming Saturday.

I'm doing my best to get us better placement for our display - but this is up to NHRA not Dan.

More to come soon...
Old 01-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is the EDMONTON Monster Jam.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Someone should do the same thing in Vancouver!!! That would be wicked with all those people watchin!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay folks - here is the list for the MJ. Note WE ARE OVER SUBSCRIBED for Saturday and Sunday. We can only have 14 guys. I am going to beg them to leave it as is... but if they say no we will ahve to cut from Saturday and Sunday...

The list is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mj2004 - fixed.pdf (6.2 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Happy racing/showin off!!!! That sucks when you enter somethin and afterward there might be some cuts from the list. I imagine you'll be havin a M/T class??? It would only be suitable!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Chris can you fix the day for me. I had it down as Sunday... not
Saturday.

Thanks Dirk
Old 01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Chris,

You can take my name off for Friday, I had only signed up for Saturday/Sunday.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 01-24-2004, 07:48 PM
JD
Tech Regular

hey can you add me to sunday thought i registered for that too.

channells are 81 and 90
Old 01-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Updates to your PDF...

Number 1: Adam
...thats Adam Seniuk (RCRE)

Number 6: Curtis
...thats Curtis Wooldridge (RCRE)

..not sure if thats required, but might be better when figuring out who is who.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

we do we go and at what time do we have to be at rexal place on saturday?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:51 PM
pne
Tech Adept

hey chris is there room for me on friday? i emailed Cory last week and he said he'd put me on sunday, but it looks like my names not on there. if theres any room left (since ryans dropping fri) can you please drop me an email? its [email protected] thanks.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for the delay guys... I am meeting with Dan Billey tomorrow to go over the lists.

We can have 18 maximum people... so I will have to cut some names. I will start by cutting people on multiple nights... I'll try and do my best to be fair about it.

I also can only go on Saturday - so I need someone to volunteer to run the booth on Friday and Sunday. If you want to volunteer please email me [email protected]

As far as display cras for the booth go I'd like to keep the number down this year... 5 cars is plenty to get the point accross and a lot less to have to look after. I'll have some video for Saturday assuming they give us space, power etc.

I will have details on times etc tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2004 Monster Jam - The Scoop

Okay - all is set for the MJ

For Friday we have 13 guys, Saturday 21 and Sunday 18 ... plus a few helpers. The PDF is attached to this message. If you are not on there I need to know ASAP ... and I can't add anyone to Saturday or Sunday ... we're pushing it as is (but Dan is a nice guy)!

Each driver MUST pay $5 PER NIGHT. For this you get: pop, snacks etc, an all-access pass so you can run and watch the show and 1 ticket for family/friends FOR THAT NIGHT. So - I have to collect $260 in total. I will collect from the guys on Friday as you arrive - and I will cover the rest. Please be ready to pay up

On Saturday I'll collect from the remaining guys. You have to pay even if you don't access the pop/snacks and tickets - because we have no way to control who does that.

I will be there all 3 days to run the booth and keep things organized... I don't think I'll be running this year... although ... I might get the bug to do a back flip or 2 on Saturday There is no schedule yet... basicall we need to be ready to go whenever they say... apparently its a new tem this year so Dan warns us to be ready for chaos - but on the good side that means we'll probably be used a lot for filler

Friday - all racers must be there by 6PM at the latest.

Saturday - 4PM for the pit party, 6PM if you're just running the show. I encourage everyone to be there for the pit party.

Sunday 12 noon.

There is only 1 show per day this year - hence I can be there all 3 days

For the booth I hope to get near a plug so we can have video. I know a bunch of you have emailed wanting to have cars in the booth... I'm sorry but we're going to keep the number of cars in the booth really low. 5 or 6 cars only... and ideally they will be clean with nice paint etc. That makes less cars to look after and will help it look more professional than a whole whack of cars on the table. Bring what you've got for the pit party - 100 cars is fine for that LOL... but for the table I'd like room for flyers, a small TV and DVD and just a few clean cars... hope everyone understands ... I just want a great image for both clubs.

Speaking of flyers... I think I can get hold of some NASCAR ones (John?) ... can someone track down some RCRE ones?

This should be a blast ... Scotty and I will be working on a ramp this week... soon... ha ha It will be 8x8 with a nice kick. Shaun if you can grab the RCRE 1/4 pipe that would be good ... we'll bring a thin board to screw over the damaged part.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mj2004-fixed.pdf (6.6 KB, 289 views)
Old 02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

so saturday be at rexal place at 4pm, thsi is the last day im in town tell then so i need all the info before i go so im nto scramblin wheni get back, Also is it alright that i bring my t-maxx for show (fully loaded .21)
Old 02-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

One quick question, who and where do we meet when we get to Rexal on Friday? Seems to be the only detail missing

Keep up the great work Hammond!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service