RE....On road R/C race

Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Alright Terry, it is a crime I have never raced on an asphalt track. Offroad on Saturday and Onroad on Sunday sounds great (so long as I am not working, lol)!
Kane
Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Lightbulb Re....Q,S

BRAD... we should have a poster up on the thread by the weekend. As I am Technically "challenged" when it comes to computer "STUFF"we will do registrations on this thread and do a formal registration at the track Saturday and sunday morning! What questions do you have about the classes or rules. LMK and I'll have answers by next week. I want to keep things simple and fun!!!!

If this weather keeps up we may add an Unlimited Hydroplane class!!!! Last month we couldn't get any rain, now it won't stop.

For those who don't have personal transponders we have 10 transponders that will be availble. But you will have to drill a mounting in the lower part of the windshield on your "CONCOURS" winning body.

KANEO...Better get your butt out sunday, I know you will race for FOOD!!!!!!:

I am on the verge of signing another "MILLION " dollar sponsor ship deal!!!!

We will also have a concours event!!!

Regards,
TJ

PS......Only 38days until race day!!!!!

Last edited by THEBIGBULL; 07-08-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't have any serious questions about class rules. I was just wanting to make sure that what you wrote in the first post was going to be the final word on classes and such, just so I can start dreaming up setups and stuff now, lol. Although, I guess knowing the minimum weight before hand would be nice! I can't wait for this race! I haven't raced on-road with more than 6 or 7 people, so I'm really eager to see if I'm any good at on-road or not. I'm hoping Wayne will be there, since he claims that he is way better at on-road than he is at off-road! We'll see about that! (I can almost keep up to him in offroad)
Old 07-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know I'll be there in full force with my T2 009! I know Darren is also going to be coming down from Grande Prairie! Together Darren, and myself would like to see a Mini class if possible! Between the two of us, we have 5 Mini's!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
I didn't have any serious questions about class rules. I was just wanting to make sure that what you wrote in the first post was going to be the final word on classes and such, just so I can start dreaming up setups and stuff now, lol. Although, I guess knowing the minimum weight before hand would be nice! I can't wait for this race! I haven't raced on-road with more than 6 or 7 people, so I'm really eager to see if I'm any good at on-road or not. I'm hoping Wayne will be there, since he claims that he is way better at on-road than he is at off-road! We'll see about that! (I can almost keep up to him in offroad)
Haha by "ALMOST" keep up to Wayne you mean finish a main 2-3 laps down from him. Mr Mah is defintely fast on carpet. It usually only takes him 1-2 laps to start lapping the back of the pack.....lol.
-Kane
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Smile Asphalt Attack update

I am suggesting these minimum weights which I got from the 2009 roar rules

Touring...1500g.....52.5 oz.
Pan car GT or 235m...1100....39oz (4 cell)
Silver can....1500g....or 52.5oz

Allowable batteries.
NICAD
NIMH Max 4600mah
LIPO.. Lipo batteries charged in Lipo sack. Max ( Help me here with max mah please as I not very familiar with Lipo's yet??????)
Lipos need not be roar approved.

The 1500g wt may piss off the lipo guys but I'm trying to keep things equal. I'm open to suggestions!!!!

I would be more than happy to add a Mini class. Four cars or more.

I so do not want to be "competition director", If any one is interested please PM me.

BE
TJ
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

OH YEH...only 37 days until race day!!!!!!

:t ire:
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kane-o
Haha by "ALMOST" keep up to Wayne you mean finish a main 2-3 laps down from him. Mr Mah is defintely fast on carpet. It usually only takes him 1-2 laps to start lapping the back of the pack.....lol.
-Kane
I use the term "keep up to" loosely, LOL. One day I WILL be faster than him. I'm not sure how long it's going to take, but once I beat Wayne straight up I'll have achieved my goal in R/C racing.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up 2009 Kamloops Mid-Summer Touring Car Challenge

You guys will have to come to Kamloops for a warm up On-Road race prior to these two big ones you are having. 2009 Kamloops Mid-Summer Touring Car Challenge, July 31st to Aug.2nd

I know Dwayne, Tom and a few others are comming so maybe organize some car pools and come on out.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
I am suggesting these minimum weights which I got from the 2009 roar rules

Touring...1500g.....52.5 oz.
Pan car GT or 235m...1100....39oz (4 cell)
Silver can....1500g....or 52.5oz

Allowable batteries.
NICAD
NIMH Max 4600mah
LIPO.. Lipo batteries charged in Lipo sack. Max ( Help me here with max mah please as I not very familiar with Lipo's yet??????)
Lipos need not be roar approved.

The 1500g wt may piss off the lipo guys but I'm trying to keep things equal. I'm open to suggestions!!!!

I would be more than happy to add a Mini class. Four cars or more.

I so do not want to be "competition director", If any one is interested please PM me.

BE
TJ

Personally, I have two 4800mAh packs, and two 6500mAh packs... I prefer the 6500s, even though, I'm pretty sure they out weigh my SMC 4200s...

Minimum weight is a good idea! And nobody should get mad at anyone for it
I think the only ones who might have trouble making the minimum weight, is the all carbon fiber LiPo users

As for a mAh rating... I've never been sure as to why it ever gets limited... Other than battery size, when dealing with LiPo, other than, maybe, people wanting everyone to limp the last lap due to dead batteries
Old 07-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Re...Sponsors

confirmed "SPONSOR" list Sat.

Only 36 days until race day!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A bunch of the CARCAR guys are looking forward to this race....the Edmonton track is a blast to race on....see you guys in August
Old 07-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

There's a good chance my Yokomo might be out and about at this race
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Cool Re..YOK !!!!!

Dr...... Your Yok better be out you got 35 days to get ready!!!!!

OH YEH...Did I mention only 35 days TIL race day!!!!

BE
TJ
Old 07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I did! Got a new steering knuckle finally!

I should be able to turn left now!

Just might need to hand it over to an experienced person to try and keep that back end in line, and try to have a race where it doesn't drift!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.71 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.