GPMRA Rock Crawlers

Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GPMRA Rock Crawlers

I wanted to start this thread to bring together anyone and everyone in the Grande Prairie area that is interested in our new Crawler course we are building at the track. I want to get as many people together as we can for some fun, challenging and entertaining crawling. I want this to start with simple and fun challenges in mind, keeping the conpetition simple and let everyone, no matter what their skill or vehicle, to come together. I have revised the official Rock Crawler rules to allow ALL types of trucks to compete in 3 simple categories. I fell this is the simplest way to get everyone out together, we will be revising the rules in the future to keep things more ballanced as lots of guys are running 4 wheel steer and dig units but not everyone is at that level. Lets have some fun a crawl!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Default Rules

I have attached my modified rules that we will be using this season to get things started.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
GPMRA Crawler Rules.doc (48.0 KB, 257 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Default First Comp

I am hoping to host a small fun competition around the end of May. THE BACKYARD BUNGLE! I have slowly been building a rock pile in the yard and would love to get some people together to have a fun game of Horse in the pile. let me know who may be interested and I can see how many people we can fit in the yard!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mike.. good to see things are going along well. I have downloaded the rules and i am posting these rules up at Wonderland Toy and Hobby for anyone to see if they come by asking.

Jason.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

the rock pit area is ready to do something with at the track
Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Rock Pile

I will put this out right now that I am looking for a group to volunteer some time and maybe a coupel of pickups to gather and get started on the Rock Pikle at the track. I would like to take a Sunday morning and head out to mack a couple of trips to gather and build some rocks for the course. please let me know if anyone is interested in helping.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

i am interested to help the week end but my crawler is scale truck so can i still come and have fun
Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

but i dont have a truck to carry rock i can only help to carry them and set up
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaylemagnifik View Post
but i dont have a truck to carry rock i can only help to carry them and set up

Not a problem. I have a truck and if we can get the guys we will set up a time and place to meet to gather some rock. I hope to set up a small scale area if there is enough interest to keep an eye out on this forum for the info.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikeybike View Post
I hope to set up a small scale area if there is enough interest to keep an eye out on this forum for the info.
1.9 scale? (hilux and such)?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

ok i have a guy that wil donate two truck loads of bolders to help with you just have to find a truck to haul it he will load it up at his end let me know if you want it
Old 05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

yes to the 1.9 stuff. I want to get the Losi Minis out also. Do we need to find apickup or are these big rocks? I have my work truck but I need to take some care with the bed of the truck.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

my is an axial ax10 truck got 2.2 tire but i ordered from tcs the tcs scale chasis plus 2 pair of white scale chock wich i modified the internal spring an a pinghauer body i fit on it with a flat bed made out wood its not a scale replica so much but look pretty nice and fun to drive,,,for helping you guys this weekend, where do we meet,,,
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry for thats stupid question ,,,,i forgot to read your reply,lolll
Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mikeybike View Post
yes to the 1.9 stuff. I want to get the Losi Minis out also. Do we need to find apickup or are these big rocks? I have my work truck but I need to take some care with the bed of the truck.
lol sorry i guess you just don't know me but when i said a few Truck loads i meant semi-truck load like as in gravel truck loads and the rocks are from the size of a base ball to wheelbarrow size some are like river rocks others are square in shape

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 101 votes, 1.36 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.