Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing >

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Like Tree7Likes

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Fun day today, Wish I could've stuck around longer, but at least my new buggy got some time on the dirt. Thanks for all the help! Looking forward to next time.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track sponsorship

Hey guys it's Grumpy from Grumpysrcgarage.com and I'm looking forward to being able to work with you guys and gals and see what we can do to help. Had a talk with Arron today and I'm sure we can do something to make things a little better and easier for you guys. Right now on our website there's a fundraiser for another club just like yours jump over to grumpysrcgarage.com or Facebook and buy a ticket hopefully they will do the same for you guys.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:00 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you hate marshaling? Do you hate marshaling specifically at the far side of the Trukz track? No. Ok. Maybe you have been to one the big offroad RC races in Calgary recently. If any of the above affect you then you are going to love our latest track improvement. You can now listen to the infamous Brad Shigelski in 6.0 surround sound at the track with the addition of 2 speakers connected to the far side of the track. Now everyone from those in the pits, those on the drivers stand, and even those far away marshals will be able to hear the witty and informative race directing of Brad.

In all seriousness, the addition of these speakers is just the latest in a string of improvements that were asked for by the racers.

We are getting close to opening publicly. Stay tuned!

Aaron
Old 08-03-2017, 07:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'll bring my ear plugs.

The track is awesome though!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Another thing I noticed while working at the track today was that my old B4 body was missing from the body wall of fame. Not sure if someone is borrowing it or someone is selling it on kijiji.

Aaron
Old 08-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hung a body up a few times that kept falling off. It will be there.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sponship

Hey Brad I seem to have marked your email down wrong it keeps getting sent back Luke you give me a call so I can email you the parts list and have some updated info on products that better suit your needs
Old 08-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mfd
Another thing I noticed while working at the track today was that my old B4 body was missing from the body wall of fame. Not sure if someone is borrowing it or someone is selling it on kijiji.

Aaron
It was laying on the water tank
Old 08-05-2017, 08:27 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Oh Thanks.

I thought maybe someone got rich by selling it.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Repost from our Trukz group:

Trukz RC Top 10 list

- Equipment: 2wd buggy 10.5 motor limit (Tech done by protest or prerace agreement)

- Race: 3 laps on the tone

- When: After Saturday club race, no marshals, incidental contact affecting the outcome of the race will result in a restart. Unsportsmanlike contact will result in a DQ

Ladder
1. Challenges must be issued by FB, ( by video would be cool) on the Trukz page
2. Challenges must be submitted by Wed 6pm
3. Drivers can only challenge one level up
4. Drivers can only challenge once a week
5. If a driver is challenged on the same night he is challenging, he must first defend his position before challenging the next spot.
- If the lowest ranked driver wins the first race he can assume the losing drivers challenge and go for the double bump
- Lower ranked challenges go first
6. Challenging and challenged drivers have to complete their race the week of the challenge. Failure to show up will result in lost position for the challenged driver and loss of challenge opportunity for the challenging racer.
7. Challenger or defender must use the car they raced with that Saturday

The purpose of this contest is to bring fun and healthy competition to the race scene and keep an ongoing list of drivers competing for the top spot. It is open to anyone who wishes to compete, but must have the correct equipment to do so.

Trukz RC reserves the right to change, alter or remove any rules to improve or help the Top 10 list program and contest.

Aaron
Old 09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

We're Back!

Hello Racers. After our summer shut down/track rebuild we have determined an opening date to start this year's indoor offroad season. Our first race day back will be Saturday September 23rd. Doors (Both are new from last season) will open at 10:00am with racing to start at 11:00am sharp. Some of the improvements we have done for this season include the following:

New track surface (high traction clay)
New track layout (more speed and flow)
New wooden subfloor in the pit area
New speakers at the far end of the track
Dedicated marshal spots on the track
Custom made pit benches (no more crappy tables or fold up plastic tables)
New overhead door
Ground level man door
New cooler to purchase pop/chips/chocolate bars
New porta potty (in the works)
New heater for the far side of the track (in the works)

Please come on out for our first race of the season. The BBQ is still there is you want to cook your own lunch. Also remember that we have our demo car program if you know anyone who wants to try out racing for free.

For more information see our website website Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for classes, location and rules.

Thanks

Aaron
kerry and elecsual like this.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:14 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

We at Trukz will be doing a one time bulk buy battery order with one of our sponsors Gens Ace. Due to the great deal we cannot put the prices out online and it will also depend on quantity. We can give you an idea on pricing if you contact me. Let Brian Timmermans know how many you want by Sept 23, then we can firm up everything before ordering.

1: 4600 shorty
Minimum Capacity: 4600mAh
Configuration: 2S2P / 7.4V / 2Cells
Discharge Rate: 60C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 120C
Net Weight(±20g): 224g
Dimensions: 95mm Length x 46mm Width x 25m Height
Discharge Plug: 4.0mm bullet to Deans

2: 5300 regular pack
Brand Gens ace
Capacity(mAh) 5300
Voltage(V) 7.4
Discharge Rate (C) 65
Max Burst discharge Rate (C) 130
Configuration 2S1P
Net Weight(±20g) 326
Length(±5mm) 138
Width(±2mm) 47
Height(±2mm) 26
Connector Type 4.0mm bullet to Deans

3: 4s brick pack
Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh
Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8V / 4Cells
Discharge Rate: 50C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 100C
Net Weight(±20g): 589g
Dimensions: 138mm Length x 46mm Width x 50mm Height
Charge Plug: JST-XHR
Discharge Plug: Deans
Old 09-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Opening This Saturday

Trukz is Opening This Saturday. So many changes. Floor in the Pits, New Clay all helps for less dust. Better traction and Sooooooooo much more. Doors open at 10:00
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

This Saturday September 23rd is our re-opening weekend. Lots on new additions and improvements to the track as we have mentioned in previous posts. Looking forward to seeing everyone out. Doors at 10:00am with racing to start at 11:00am sharp.

Trukz will be implementing a "Trukz Racer Discount List" this year. In order to get on the list you need to fill out an application form and donate $60 to the club. The Trukz racer discount list will be active from the time racers make their donation and fill out the application until we have our summer shut down next summer. Being on the racer discount list will get racers the following advantages:

Lower race fees (see below for race fees)
15% off code for everything at Grumpy's RC Garage. (https://grumpysrcgarage.com)
Access to free practice night that we will get going this season.
Access to future bulk battery orders
Access to a bulk tire order that we are planning this season.

Race Fees starting October 7, 2017:

Member Discount List Fees - 1st class $15, 2nd class $5, Adult and Child together $20 (ages 12 and under)
Non Discount List Fees - 1st class $20, 2nd class $10, Adult and Child together $25 (ages 12 and under)

It generally works out to $5 off daily race fees for discount list racers.

We will have the member discount list applications at the track and we will start building the list this weekend. The discounted fees and other benefits will start on the October 7th race day.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 09-22-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:38 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Just wanted to post a quick recap of our re-opening last weekend and remind everyone that we are racing again this Saturday.

If you have any specific feedback about the track or the race last weekend please let us know so we can improve. Please PM me and we can get it looked after.

Don't forget to bring cash ($60) for the new Trukz Racer Discount List. Being on the list gets you the following benfits:

Lower race fees (see below for race fees)
15% off code for everything at Grumpy's RC Garage. (https://grumpysrcgarage.com)
Access to free practice night that we will get going this season.
Access to future bulk battery orders
Access to a bulk tire order that we are planning this season.

We are just sorting out our practice night schedule and will post soon.

The top 10 list seems to be popular. Don forget to join our facebook group to get in on the action. Brian is currently looking for a way to make it easier to get on the list if your name was not drawn last week. Stay tuned for details.

We would like to get a tire order going sooner than later. If you had some success with tires last week and in the next coming weeks, let us know so we can start thinking about a brand and tread pattern to order.

And finally, race day on Saturday. Doors at 10, racing at 11. See all of the details on Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway. If you have anyone who wants to give racing a try for free, let me know and we will get them set up in the buddy program.

Thanks

Aaron

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.