Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Like Tree7Likes

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfd View Post
Hey Guys

I am wondering if you can PM me if you are planning on racing or practicing with TRUKZ your full name, class(s) you are running and I-lap transponder number if you have one. I want to start building a database of names, classes and numbers before next week so we can get in more track time.

Thanks

Aaron
Emily West; 4WD Buggy; 3945040

Scott West; 4WD Buggy; 7415077
Scott West; 2WD Buggy or Truck; alternate with 7415077
Scott West; Slash; 2958390

PS - Still looking for a marshal for hire.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Default TRUKZ

HEY AARON , I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS ON A TRACK LAYOUT, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LEAK OUT A FEW DESIGN IDEAS OF THE TRACK WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO, LIKE BUMPS AND JUMPS ETC, I KNOW YOU HAVE THAT BRIEF CASE HANDCUFFED TO YOUR WRIST AND ARE JUST ITCHING TO SHOW THE CONTENT

BRAD
Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So dirt shows up on Friday, work party on Saturday to build the track.

I will drop off the drain covers later this week and leave them lying against the building. What time are we expecting the dirt to show up on Friday?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing wolfpack View Post
HEY AARON , I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS ON A TRACK LAYOUT, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LEAK OUT A FEW DESIGN IDEAS OF THE TRACK WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO, LIKE BUMPS AND JUMPS ETC, I KNOW YOU HAVE THAT BRIEF CASE HANDCUFFED TO YOUR WRIST AND ARE JUST ITCHING TO SHOW THE CONTENT

BRAD
I saw the layout...Pretty cool...If you don't make the double you land in a foot of water. Should be ok for the Slashes
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Just wondering, other than a few guys already having some vehicles to run, is there any plans to talk with PM Hobbycraft to consider a group buy thing? I think the 2wd associated buggy is in the $280 range, 4wd buggy $480 range, and the slash is in the $250 range. I know if I was going to buy one, I would want a Chassis, body, batteries, servos, and some spare parts that usually break the most or should have like extra tires. I think that price alone, most people will be looking at the 2wd buggy or slash but I could be wrong. Also, you mention it would be okay to run them all together (except slash) anyways. You would also have to consider what the local hobby store stocks the most parts for (associated parts are plenty).

Ivan
I am interested in a group buy for the Assosiated 2wd truck or a slash, and a lipo battery if my reedy 5000 isnt going to make it go...

-b
Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey

The track will have the 100 foot straight away on the front side, a couple sets of doubles, a triple, an eleveated corner wedge, and a single into a table top.

Everything will be rollable if people aren't up to jumping the jumps yet. THe fast guys should be able to clear and make everthing with a slash.

Come on out on Saturday to help o see what it will become.

Thanks

Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 05-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonesyCGY View Post
I saw the layout...Pretty cool...If you don't make the double you land in a foot of water. Should be ok for the Slashes
What about the double with the foot of water??
Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Default TRUKZ

Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
What about the double with the foot of water??
I BELIEVE JONSEY IS WRONG ON A FOOT OF WATER, ITS MORE LIKE 2 FEET
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Default truckz

LOTS OF EXCITING AND HARD WORK BEING DONE BEHIND THE SCENES BUT ALL SEEMS ON SCHEDULE FOR THE SAT TRACK BUILD AND MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF A RUN BEFORE WE HEAD IN DOORS FOR SOME KARZ ACTION, THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND RUNNING AROUND TO GET THIS OFF THE GROUND.

THANKS

BRAD
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So reading through these posts it has been said that we can run an 8 cell pack in the Slash. Where did that come from? I have never heard of anyone running an 8 cell in the Slash, nor any other racing letting it go, so I'm just curious.

And just so you guys know, 8 cells in a slash is going to hurt you. For the most part, a 6 cell pack or a 2 cell lipo will be your best bet. More power equals more torque. More torque equals more spin outs. More spin outs equal longer lap times. Longer lap times lead to the Z Main.

Personally I am running a 2 cell lipo.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

So reading through these posts it has been said that we can run an 8 cell pack in the Slash. Where did that come from? I have never heard of anyone running an 8 cell in the Slash, nor any other racing letting it go, so I'm just curious.

And just so you guys know, 8 cells in a slash is going to hurt you. For the most part, a 6 cell pack or a 2 cell lipo will be your best bet. More power equals more torque. More torque equals more spin outs. More spin outs equal longer lap times. Longer lap times lead to the Z Main.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Default TRUKZ

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post

i believe it was a misprint and should be 7 cell not 8, i am sure aaron will correct.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Guys

I edited the Slash rules to allow up to 7 cell NIMH/NICAD and 2 cell lipo. Sorry about that.

I also wanted to let everyone know the race days and practice days. We will be racing on Monday nights. Track is open and registration takes place from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. Racing goes from 6:00 to 9:00pm. Race fees are $10.00 per night and you can run up to two classes.

Practices will be scheduled for Saturdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm (or longer). Race director will also be opening the track for practice other times during the week and will post here when they are. Practice fees are $2.00 per session.

Also don't forget about out track build and BBQ day this Saturday. The bobcat is coming for 9:00 am and volunteers can show up anytime after 9:00am.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Made a little more progress on the website tonight. Thinking about giving TRUKZ it's own colour scheme, but with the same basic graphics and fonts.

I should have something up in a couple of days.

Jim
Old 05-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Years ago, offroad mod allowed 7 cells, and a certain Doug "Roadrash" was very fast, on the track, and also off.
I haven't seen it anywhere for years, should be interesting.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service