Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing >

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Like Tree7Likes

Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing

Old 09-27-2017, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mfd
Hi All

We at Trukz will be doing a one time bulk buy battery order with one of our sponsors Gens Ace. Due to the great deal we cannot put the prices out online and it will also depend on quantity. We can give you an idea on pricing if you contact me. Let Brian Timmermans know how many you want by Sept 23, then we can firm up everything before ordering.

1: 4600 shorty
Minimum Capacity: 4600mAh
Configuration: 2S2P / 7.4V / 2Cells
Discharge Rate: 60C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 120C
Net Weight(±20g): 224g
Dimensions: 95mm Length x 46mm Width x 25m Height
Discharge Plug: 4.0mm bullet to Deans

2: 5300 regular pack
Brand Gens ace
Capacity(mAh) 5300
Voltage(V) 7.4
Discharge Rate (C) 65
Max Burst discharge Rate (C) 130
Configuration 2S1P
Net Weight(±20g) 326
Length(±5mm) 138
Width(±2mm) 47
Height(±2mm) 26
Connector Type 4.0mm bullet to Deans

3: 4s brick pack
Minimum Capacity: 5000mAh
Configuration: 4S1P / 14.8V / 4Cells
Discharge Rate: 50C
Max Burst discharge Rate: 100C
Net Weight(±20g): 589g
Dimensions: 138mm Length x 46mm Width x 50mm Height
Charge Plug: JST-XHR
Discharge Plug: Deans
Saturday is the cutoff for the battery deal, I will not chase you down if you wanted batteries, money must be prepaid to buy batteries.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:06 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi All

Racing this Saturday. Doors open at 10:00am. Racing to start at 11:00am.

Couple items of note:

This is the first weekend when the new race fees come into effect:

Member Discount List Fees - 1st class $15, 2nd class $5, Adult and Child together $20 (ages 12 and under)
Non Discount List Fees - 1st class $20, 2nd class $10, Adult and Child together $25 (ages 12 and under)

If you want to start saving on your race fees (and get access to all the other benefits of being on the discount list) come see me and we will get you signed up.

We will be having a new racer out this weekend participating in the buddy program. Please come over and say high and give a hand if you can. If you know anyone who wants to come try racing, please have them sign up on the website Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway.

If you arrive and are unsure which pit tables have be rented for this year please see Brian and he will help you find a spot. We are hoping to have the pit tables labeled soon for those that have rented space.

As always, the BBQ is available if you want to bring your own hotdogs or hamburgers (or even a steak!)

Should be an exciting week of top 10 list challenges. Lots on the go and should maybe see some movement on the list.

Transponders are in Canada and I am hoping to have them this weekend. With the US dollar and shipping they will work out to $46.00 each. I will post again if they come in time for raceway. This is our cost and we make no extra cash on this price.

The executive will be formulating a plan for practice days this weekend and we should be able to announce that early next week.

See you out there.

Aaron
Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hoping to be out to play this week. Feeling much better (and 14kg lighter) now. I believe my table is closest to the stairs and on the right?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:28 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Transponders came in today and will be available at the track Saturday.

Come see me if you need to purchase one. They are $46.00.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-07-2017, 07:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Had a great time racing, them bought a new phone.

Good day overall!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Had a great time racing, them bought a new phone.

Good day overall!
Fruit care wouldn't cover it? Haha
Old 10-08-2017, 12:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by chongo
Fruit care wouldn't cover it? Haha
They would, but we were gonna buy new phones for Xmas anyway. The money for new phones was scheduled to come off next week’s paycheque. It all kinda works out...sort of.

Anyway, my rear grip was absolute crap yesterday.. I was spinning out in low speed corners, using light throttle. Diff is loose enough, tires are decent. Using the magical Munday universal setup. Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2017, 04:46 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Thanks for coming out racing this weekend. A few key points:

-31 entries spread over 3 classes.
-We have our second heater and it will be installed once we need it.
-Two new young racers came out for the buddy program, even though they had a challenge with their cars, they will be back.
-I want to thank all of the racers for their support and for the exec for the amount of work that everyone is putting in.
-Jim got a new phone!
-We are looking at making a few changes to the track to improve flow, reduce the amount of marshal time, and limit damage to the track.

Overall we are lucky to have such a good scene in Calgary (Sounds like Carcar had a good weekend as well).

As always, we are open to suggestions and input. Just let us know.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing

Anyway, my rear grip was absolute crap yesterday.. I was spinning out in low speed corners, using light throttle. Diff is loose enough, tires are decent. Using the magical Munday universal setup. Any thoughts?
There's no such thing as a Universal Setup. Every track and every run could benefit from a better setup. Only a crazy person doesn't try to find a better setup to have a better handling car. Who in their right mind wants to drive an ill handling car???

Ivan
Old 10-09-2017, 12:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
There's no such thing as a Universal Setup. Every track and every run could benefit from a better setup. Only a crazy person doesn't try to find a better setup to have a better handling car. Who in their right mind wants to drive an ill handling car???

Ivan
This, coming from the guy who would sell you the universal setup via a late night infomercial, for only 47 easy payments of $19.95, and if you order now he’ll cancel one payment, throw in a second Universal Setup and a set of steak knives if you call in the next 15 minutes!?

It’s obvious someone’s hacked Ivan’s account.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:19 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hey Jim

Pete posted his 2017 setup on facebook about a week ago. It is in with the file uploads. Have a look.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All

Racing Saturday as usual. Doors at 10, racing at 11. Lots of challenges on the top 10 list should be interesting to see how it unfolds.

We are doing some work on the track tonight as I mentioned previously. Should be a good day of racing.

If you need a transponder, let me know ASAP as I won't be there tomorrow, but can make arrangements to get you one.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 10-13-2017, 02:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Heya, I'm looking for a ride to the track Saturday AM, from MacEwan (Country Hills/14 St NW) If you can help me out, let me know by tonight sometime. Thx.

posting on FB as well.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:42 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to those volunteers last night that came out to help with some track work:

Pete
Aaron
Jason
Brad
Kyle
Dan
Brian

See you all at 11:00 for racing today!

Aaron
Old 10-17-2017, 07:47 AM
mfd
Tech Addict

Hi All
Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how we are adjusting to some of the growing pains this second season for us:
-Due to a larger than expected turnout of racers both old and new, we are going to be adjusting the qualifying times to 5 min and the mains to 8 min. As attendance fluctuates, so will the length of the qualifiers and mains. We want to try and get out at the end of the day and have some time for the top 10 challenges.
-Just want to remind everyone of the motor limit rules. We are usually pretty loose on enforcement so we are giving everyone until the end of October to find the right size motor for the class. Please note that 10.5 is the max for 2wd and 4wd buggy and 17.5 for short course. Also note the blinky (stock) setting for speed controls.
- For the Top Ten, rules will be posted beside the list for any questions that arise about them.
If you have any questions or comments please come and see one of the exec. As you have seen in the past we are super flexible with making changes and want this to be a club where everyone can be involved.
Thanks
Aaron

Last edited by mfd; 10-17-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Clarification

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.