Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Race Date >

Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Race Date

Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Race Date

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Race Date

While in Kamloops last weekend, I received a lot of questions about the date for the IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 race in Victoria this summer. I've also been getting a lot of PMs asking the same question.

IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Summer Touring Car Trophy Race in Victoria BC will be held on July 11/12 2009.

I'll start an official thread with all the race information as we get closer to the summer.

Blake
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some videos of IROCC

Speedweekend 2005
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Club Racing 2008
We had about 20 pan cars in our club last year.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

TC Stock C-main
+ YouTube Video

Last edited by light; 04-09-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: info up dated
Old 04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

can i preregister now?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same Question as JT? If you guys need any help with getting info to the Hobby Shops in the Lower Mainland let me know. I've seen many of your racers support events on this side of the water. It's the least we could do.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
can i preregister now?
this is how they did it last year

Originally Posted by Blake
Registration

I've had a few questions about registration for Speed Weekend 2008. We don't normally take internet pre-registration (since it's usually far from accurate), so just plan on registering on Saturday morning at the track. The first qualifier starts at noon, so there will be plenty of time to register and still get lots of practice in during the morning.
-=light=-
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a question about Saanich days. My first race in BC was the big chill this past fall, I've heard nothing but good things about the races put on by the Island racers and would like to attend both of the races put on by your club. However the Kamloops race is now scheduled for the August long weekend. Does this race now conflict with the Saanich Days weekend?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Just a question about Saanich days. My first race in BC was the big chill this past fall, I've heard nothing but good things about the races put on by the Island racers and would like to attend both of the races put on by your club. However the Kamloops race is now scheduled for the August long weekend. Does this race now conflict with the Saanich Days weekend?
Hi, Ryan.

Yes, it does conflict . The Saanich race is a very well resourced event and it is just 15 minutes or so from the ferry. It takes place inside a community event and large baseball tournament. The facility is a massive, open track inside an outdoor lacrosse box. There is power on site, washrooms, food kiosk, beer gardens, lots of spectators in the bleachers and you can camp on site. It's a nice event where we run a club race on Sat and then a trophy race on the second day. All racers are welcome to attend both days. Lots of fun and a different form of driving due to the size and layout of the track. Lots of trophies and prizes, too. You can also leave all of your equipment, tents and so on, set up over night if need be. For the guys that want a single day, you can catch the first ferry over and still make it to the track for practice and racing. Generally the guys were able to catch the 7PM ferry home with no trouble at all.

P.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Here's a link to photos from last years Saanich Days Race

http://www.digital-works.org/copperm...s.php?album=18

-=light=-
Old 04-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Same Question as JT? If you guys need any help with getting info to the Hobby Shops in the Lower Mainland let me know. I've seen many of your racers support events on this side of the water. It's the least we could do.
Thanks for the interest Ryan and JT. As Light mentioned, we don't normally require pre-registration, but we won't complain if you'd like to do it anyway! The "official" Speed Weekend 2009 thread (complete with detailed race information) will be created shortly, and that would be a great place to supply us your registration info!

IROCC is getting ramped up to start outdoor onroad in two weeks time. We were out at the track this weekend to give it the annual cleaning in preparation for opening day. Now, let's see some sunny skies!

Blake
Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Hi again Ryan,

Yes, unfortunately there is a conflict here. I wouldn't hesitate to move our race if I could, but the only thing we cannot control about this race, is the date. As Phil mentioned, this race is part of the "Central Saanich Days" community celebration held annually on the August long weekend. This is the 4th consecutive year that IROCC will be part of the festivities. The race has been very successful every year with 85+ entries, and huge support from your very own Lower Mainland racers.

This creates a tough decision for Lower Mainlanders of course. Obviously I'd love to see you all over here again this August (I really can't speak highly enough of your awesome attendance at IROCC races over the last several years!), but I won't take it personally if you decide to head to the interior instead.

Anyway, stay tuned for the official Central Saanich Days Challenge thread to be created in the near future.

Blake "The Diplomat" Bell
Old 04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hope you boys have your Nitro Shoes on.... count me in
Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TEAM BURN
Hope you boys have your Nitro Shoes on.... count me in
Hey Mike,

Good to hear! Yep, we definitely have our Nitro Shoes on! The Nitro class is always very popular at both SpeedWeekend and Central Saanich Days. As you know, the size of the SpeedWeekend track makes Nitro a real "drivers" class. And at Central Saanich Days, you'll hit some serious speed on the 170' straight!

Hopefully we can convince Byron to bring along his 8th Scale car again...!

Blake
Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blake
Hey Mike,

Good to hear! Yep, we definitely have our Nitro Shoes on! The Nitro class is always very popular at both SpeedWeekend and Central Saanich Days. As you know, the size of the SpeedWeekend track makes Nitro a real "drivers" class. And at Central Saanich Days, you'll hit some serious speed on the 170' straight!

Hopefully we can convince Byron to bring along his 8th Scale car again...!

Blake
Sounds good!!! Ill round up the boys and we'll rock the boat the whole way there